What's new

Marijuana testicular cancer link

Kizzattack

I'd like to see a larger study conducted. Nearly 400 people, IMO, isn't enough of a study to go getting people worried about the results.

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
After seeing that the National Institute on Drug Abuse had part in this, I can see why this study has come about when it has. I like how they go after our nuts. Can they explain why smoking cannabis increases sperm count? I remember on super high me, they did a sperm count before he started and during his binge. His sperm count has rose quite a bit.

PharmaCan

Veteran
It's not that weed has to be absolutely perfect, its that the studies delivery methods, clinical patient numbers and sponsors are usually shaddy at best and should not be taken seriously.

Hell, where were these 350+ people grabbed from? Were they in the same general area? If so, is there some form of industrial, chemical, nuclear plant? There's tons of factors that could explain why an area of human beings have higher percentages of cancer.

Good point. There's a nuclear power plant just south of Seattle. On the other side of the mountains there's a nuclear reactor very similar in design to Chernobyl (No containment dome). That reactor was used for weapons grade material manufacture and is now one of the most polluted sites in the country - radiation getting into the groundwater and nice stuff like that.

Regardless, they could have conducted the same study except asked about milk consumption and obtained similar results.

Statistically this study is a non-starter, but you have to figure that there are forces at work that want to keep MJ illegal and MJ has been getting some pretty positive press lately. As someone else mentioned earlier, it's probably no coincidence that this study is getting a publicity blitz right now.

PC

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
More BS to scare smokers???

More BS to scare smokers???

I was gonna enjoy my mornings (afternoons) first bowl of some fine organic soil grown bubba kush, and my dad sends me this article!

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=97529

Now i am scared to toke up out of fear my balls will become cancerous, and marijuana makes men sexually impotent what the hell?

Please tell me this is more BS war on drugs stuff.

thatguy123

Im not sure. If marijuana causes testicle cancer why would Doctors highly recommend it for cancer patients ?

I think its bs for now until they prove something. But who knows?

What do YOU think thatguy? What's your opinion on the subject? What do you "agree" with?

meduser180056

It's a ridiculous study and should not have been mentioned at all until further research is done. You can't make any conclusions based off a study that included less than 400 people. That's a joke. It's not even a real scientific study you have to use way more people than that for the results to matter at all.

It's pretty obvious to me that they put this out because of all the pro marijuana stuff thats been in the media lately. Total scare tactics.

Latest posts

Latest posts