What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maple Leaf Indica & Hindu Blue

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for your input Goatcheese i actually have my eye on Mr.nice ortega for quite some time hopefully next year i'll buy some & try it out, are you running sensi's black domina or SAD from sweet seeds etc?

That sucks Indy69 my guess is old seed stock where did you get them from?

Cool Gastrogrower hope you find something good in your search thanks for stopping in.

Today 1 of the MLI is now 3 weeks flower & 2 others that went in later are about 2 weeks & wow they really stretched almost tripling in size i have one thats nearly 3ft = (1 meter) tall another at 2ft. they look a lot like some of the sativa phenos in my hindu kush that i have in my seed vault.Theres no smell or anything yet barely anything when i rub on the stems sort of a faint spicey something lol I cut some of the big fan leaves off cause they were blocking the light from reaching the lower branches.They are also in 1 gallon bags & will get transplanted into 3 gallon bags in the next few days or when they stop stretching & finish in them (3 gallon bags)

Just going to focus mainly on the MLI until near the end.

EDIT:
Oldest & tallest
picture.php

The other 2 youngins 2+ footer
picture.php

smallest a little over a foot tall kind of runty much more compact
picture.php

Last edited:

Indy69

Hi Icon. Oh my!! You are making me so jealous. These pics have my mouth watering and it's still early days.
As you can see I am a newb and bit unsure on etiquette about naming companies. The company is based in England tho. I will order some more as soon as finances allow. I really am looking forward to finally growing these.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Is it me or do the two youngest plants look a bit further along in flower than the older stretch pheno?

Looking forward to seeing how these turn out

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I justed checked my plants and got the first two pix mixed up the second pic is the oldest and 3 weeks into flower but the smallest definitely looks further along then her sister of the same age.

I'll switch pix 1 and 2 when I get back on my PC I don't know how to do it on iPad its confusing lol.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Thanks for your input Goatcheese i actually have my eye on Mr.nice ortega for quite some time hopefully next year i'll buy some & try it out, are you running sensi's black domina or SAD from sweet seeds etc?
View Image
My Ortega-type keeper is from Sensi Seeds' Black Domina. I have few top/cola pics in my album
I have few SAD seeds also, but haven't grown any yet.

MrNice's Ortega isn't a Maple Leaf-hybrid at all, it's a actually a Northern Lights ..NL5 x NL1 was it?

Lookin good!
:)

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey everyone update coming, ive been really sick the past few weeks so i have'nt been taking pics or updating the journal, things are progressing well with MLI & i'll post pics as soon as i can, sorry for the wait.

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So far its a mix of musty hash, faintly woodsy & earthy funk & 1 plant is getting sort of fruity
the smell on all of them is faint so far...i will take pix tonight post them tomarrow & show whats been going on.

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
long over due update: 2 of the plants are just to big & heavy for me to pull out & are a bit flimsy so i had to just take pix with the HPS on & try to color correct some pix 1 of the plants got too big, close to 4 ft so i bent the top down & it basically broke so i just topped it to about the same size as her sister.

Fruity pheno 5 weeks flower
picture.php

picture.php

plant on left is woodsy/hashy/earthy funk at 5 weeks & her sister brown sugar sweet hash pheno behind her at 6 weeks flower
picture.php

6 week
picture.php

GoatCheese

Veteran
Nice.
There sure is similar looks in the bud structure to my Black Domina girl, that i think is the Ortega-type.

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Long over due update again: MLI#1 is 8 weeks flower & will be coming down with in a week,the other 2 phenos are a week behind at 7 weeks. I didn't take very good pics cause they're heavy & in the back of the room but before i chop it down i will be sure to take several quality pics. The smell is hashy/woodsy/slight funk hard to describe it's not a strong smell either. The other 2 have a faint woodsy spice or something cant quite pin point it, the smallest pheno is very motor grease with red apple smell but the grease smell is dominant I may reveg this one.

motor grease & red apple was closest to the door so i was able to take a few descent pics. 7 weeks flower
picture.php

picture.php

7 weeks on the left, 8 weeks on the right, both look like to be pretty good yielders.Tried to color correct this pic blah.
picture.php

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Hey icon, I am new here as you can see this is my first post. I have been a long time lurker but have especially been following your thread. I am growing the same MLI have 3 left out of 5 seeds popped. 2 were male. In week 6 of flower and looking decent for my first grow. Just wanted to say thanks for giving me something to follow along with. I plan to start flush on day 50 and harvest day 57-60 can't wait to see your final product.

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The apple smell is getting stronger it smells like walking into a grocery store and standing in front of the red apples and smelling them in the air while standing in jiffy lube getting your oil changed for your car lol but as a little time goes on the apple in the air smell comes through more, it only has a few more days to go.

I'm thinking of revegging it but summer is approaching and I want to take a break from growing well indoors at least so we'll see.

I did have a bunch of nanners on the oldest one but none on the other two also there's no sign of seeds forming so that's a good thing.

Thanks og noman I'm curious to how yours smell,look etc mine were looking done at 8weeks sounds like your nearly there hopefully I helped you out getting a glimpse to see what to expect from the strain, thanks for watching and welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Hey icon, I think you hit the nail on the head with your description of smell at the top of this page. They smell really good earthy funky smell. I didn't get any naners thank god but my buds aren't as big as yours. They are frosting up well and look like a bunch of golfballs. I waited till they were about a foot tall to flower and they are about 5 feet tall now. This screwed my canopy height even with tying down so I think that's where my lack of size comes from. But now I know what all my plants will look like so I will flower the three MLI clones in there own area.

Indy69

Love the sound of your greasy apple pheno. Looks gorgeous. Hoping it smokes great for you. After my disastrous germination with my mli I sent off an email and have subsequently received a pack of "Big Bag" (Black/Blue x White Rhino x MLI) Got 3 growing now. Lovely fat leaves on them. Definitely still going to get the pure MLI tho. Yours do look Sooooo very yummy. 😀

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yea i wonder if it's the Ortega-mother Nevil used that brings in the apple aromas cause my Black Domina Ortega-type also has apple smell to her ..only sour/tarty green apple.

Also, it's the same hashy green apple people can find in some Tom Hill's /Reserva Privada's X-18 plants
:)

the MLI has caught my attention am waiting for your smoke report. might pik up a few paks for a rainy day...hopefully has the cannassoir warm body indica high ive read about and those sweet phenos suppose to put you on your knees and to bed.