What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maple Leaf Indica & Hindu Blue

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey everyone!
I recently got a un open pack of Maple Leaf Indica from a friend & he wanted me to start a grow diary so he can follow along i thought that was a good idea, I always have heard of really good things about MLI & wanted to try it, finally i'm doing it & i'm excited about it. :woohoo:

So far i have 4 MLI seedlings above soil 2 grew from 1 seed but didn't take a pic of it, one of the twins looks like it's going to be a runt so i may pull it. I also decided to sprout a few more & they are currently soaking in a paper towel.

I also have 3 LVPK x Hindu Kush x Blueberry hybrid that i'm growing for the first time that i made that i currently just call Hindu Blue that i'm squeezing in & hopefully sooner then later i'll start some more but for now i don't have room.The Blueberry that i used was Joey Weeds Blueberry which i love using for making hybrids it always bring some amazing fruity smells & flavors into the hybrids. I have a few other strains as well but for now just want to focus on these two.

I like to keep things simple so i'm growing in happy frog soil with a little superthrive. Vegging under a mix of (5) 11w - 5000k LED screw in bulbs & a 48x3 mars hydro blurple Led light in a 2ft x 2ft mars hydro tent.

I'll post pix of the lights & tent later & show the seedlings off first.

MLI
picture.php

picture.php

MLI twins
picture.php

Hindu Blue
picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
Cool to see these in action. :woohoo:

I have a pack chilling now along with other Sensi gear in my refrigerator for 2017.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Ahh wow, an MLI thread from icon.

I hope they grow good and strong for you bro. Best of luck, looking forward to the pics and to see what you think of them.

MLI is a classic! :)

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks everyone, i'm going to keep the runt since it's growing some runts tend to halt growth all together & thats what look like it started doing my MLI runt is starting to go again I sprouted a few more so now it's 6 MLI's. Kind of crppy pix uuggh i'll take better pix next week.

MLI
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

i think this is the runt but now picking up
picture.php

one of two new seedlings
picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
Maybe water them a little more as that soil looks very dry.
A light misting from time to time also helps seedlings take off.

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
your right troutman they were a little dry but im staying on top of it now.

I believe they are 3 weeks into veg their starting to grow much faster now but i need to go get some soil soon & get them transplanted as soon as possible. The runt is now growing almost at the same rate as the others it's just a little behind but no big deal & the 2 new seedlings are off to a good start. 3 have some light purpling in they leaves since the start i hope it continues & carries through into flower.

MLI
picture.php

picture.php

3 Hindu Blue
picture.php

GoatCheese

Veteran
Nice to see a MLI grow. I have some of these and i'm gonna start some as soon as i can.

Might interest you, but perhaps you knew this already:

Maple Leaf Indica is 75% Mazar i Sharif afghani and 25% Skunk#1

MLI is either: (Ortega15 x (Afg-S x Skunk#1)) x (Ortega15 x (Afg-T x Skunk#1))
..or the other way around.

Here's what Nevil told about the original Mazar i Sharif line (Maple Leaf) from which three different Afghani girls used in Sensi's MLI were found. In the first quote Nevil is replying to a question about the make-up of Sensi's MLI.

Q: "..maple leaf indica according to Ed R (same book) is: Female Ortega15 x Sam afghan skunk X male Skunk 18.5. Any idea if this is correct?"
Nevil said:
I don't know what Ed is calling Maple leaf.
Ortega 15 was Maple leaf. This was crossed with AfgTx Sk and AfgS x sk males.
AfgT and AfgS were both sisters and pure maple leaf. Maybe Ed thought that AfgS meant Afg(Sam). It doesn't. The hybrid Ed is talking about is 3/4 Maple Leaf.
N.
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/59005-post21.html

Nevil said:
The
Maple Leaf cultivar AfgT had a full sister, AfgS. She was a fruitier counterpart to AfgT.
AfgSxSK1 was narcotically strong. I remember a few occasions that as group of people smoking it would suddenly get hit with a wave of warmth and then look at me with suspicion. I was inspired to cross this with the NL2xKush4, because I could detect a hint of commonality in the phenotypes. I never did find out how that panned out.
N.
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/60471-post70.html

Here's a nice post by Mazar man:
Here are the phenotypes I have observed over multiple years of sensi MLI:

"syrup pheno" - dark very dense nugs, heavy narcotic stone, pure hash taste.. no fruit or incensy tones. pole type branching structure easisy recognized by brittle rigid indica branching. This is the best pheno imoand looks exactly like the clone sensi showed at cannabis cup when they launched mli. very mold resistant

"cat piss pheno" - taller huge yielding plant, valium like stone tastes like rubber in a good way but curesafter few months to gross cat piss smell - pretty mold resistant

"fruit pheno" hashy fruit smell very indica growth habit but totall mold prone and rough taste. prob nicest bag appeal of all phenos

"apple pheno" wierd fruit apple smell and taste, knock down put you to bed stone, huge yield lighter coloured buds with good mold resistance specially considering huge colas it packs on

"skunk1 pheno" structure dead on for skunk 1 except indica type buds skunky incensy sometimes turpentiny flavour, very strong buzz with heavy couchlock combined with racy head high. mold proof but very late outside nov

:)

Last edited:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Looking good icon :) Love the onset of those big wide leaves..

Funny how sensi swears blind there's no skunk in MLI. Personally I don't really care if it has a little bit in there. Skunk isn't a bad plant in my book.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Looking good icon :) Love the onset of those big wide leaves..

Funny how sensi swears blind there's no skunk in MLI. Personally I don't really care if it has a little bit in there. Skunk isn't a bad plant in my book.
Yea, Nevil's Skunks seem to be well liked in many famous hybrids from Sensi , MrNice, GreenHouse and the rest. People have loved MLI without knowing there's Skunk in it, so no worries :)

Imo, Sensi isn't very straight forward about all their strains, like Jack Herer. Their Jack Herrer P1 mom is actually Nevil's cup winning SSH cut, which Sensi later entered into the HTC Cup as Jack Herrer.:biggrin:

It could be that Ben Donkers and Sensi people don't even know the TRUE composition of all of the strains Nevil made for them.

troutman

Seed Whore
I'm hoping to run into the MLI cat piss phenotype when I grow them.

I may have to buy a few more packs. I think it's not a common phenotype.

I'm do hope that I find that smell in an Afghani plant 1st though.

I have a few pure Afghanis to comb thru.

I have big plans for a cat piss plant. :peek:

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey guys!
Lots of good info there Goatcheese ive read most of this stuff before i always try to do as much research on a strain before i grow it & ive had my eye on MLI for many years just never dropped the cash for it for some stupid reason.

I don't mind the skunk either i grew sams skunk#1 about 15 years ago that i got as a freebie from seedsdirect & it was quite nice medium potency and a pretty nice body high in the phenos i had yields well too but i'll still be trying to search out the afghan pheno & probably reveg 1 or 2 if it stands out.

I would like to find the syrup or apple phenos thats more of my cup O tea but will still be happy with whatever just for the experience.
I too have several afghan strains to comb through & for my personal taste afghans are my favorite.Like i mentioned Lashkar Gah will be next i can't wait!

anyways I transplanted the plants last night into 1/2 gallon grow bags cuz thats all i have room for at the moment theres other strains in the mix Calio x Deepchunk, sweet seeds green poison & crystal candy, Mandala#1 x Sadhu clones all keeping MLI & Hindu Blue company. The 2 in the cups are the younger MLI & will get transplanted in about a week when i can make room for them.I'll update again this weekend seperating the plants so you can see their progress.
picture.php

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes i do i have a 6" x 2ft phresh filter ive only used once, the stinkier the better stinky buds always seem to have a strong taste too i dont like low odor strains they seem to come out bland in taste.

troutman

Seed Whore
I have a carbon filter, fan and duct silencer setup. This week I ordered an ONA Block Pro.
I'll get the ONA Gel Pro later on. I've never uses these products before. I hear they work.
I even have a tiny ozone generator for a last resort and hope I don't have to use it a lot.