What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maple Leaf Indica & Hindu Blue

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
On the genetics, Sensi claims it is a cross of 2 or 3 Afghans, no Skunk. Not sure, it does not couch lock me so that may be to the Skunk or not. Either way a fine relaxing stone. I would not take them further than 70 days and might take them around 60 days of flower.

I went 12 weeks flower on one batch and think it was overkill. 9 weeks or so should do it.

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to know Yesum thanks for stopping in.

They are all looking happy, i put them under 2 mars hydro 48x3 leds on veg setting & a screw in led for more added white light running at 123w draw total. The bottom & middle row is MLI & the top row are the Hindu Blue. The runt is no longer a runt (dead center) growing just as fast as the others its age.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

maimunji

Mli have one of the biggest fan leaves in cannabis family. Yours looks like some skunk in line mine doesn't. I growed once. Have one female and one male. Watch for hermi mine sprout nanners 3 week in to flowering and continue to end. Also buds is very packed very tight and bud rot like them. Good luck will looking forward to your results.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea, I had some nanners on mine but they produced little or no seeds. I agree if you are in a moist place these big dense buds could mold.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yea, my Ortega leaning Black Domina also grew few late nanners, but was little stressed also.
It is advised to keep nutrients fairly light with Black Domina, and landrace genetics in general, cause over feeding can push them to grow nanners.
Thou there is lil Skunk in MLI, it's still very much a Mazari hash plant (Maple Leaf), so i believe it's wise to go easy on the nutes with MLI also.

Maybe prune the lower part of the plants that won't get enough light, to prevent the popcorn bud from shooting nanners.

Looking good!
:)

EDIT:

My Domina-Ortega has fairly narrow leaves, so not all narrower leaf-phenos are Skunk, some maybe Ortega-types.

Last edited:

GastroGrower

I have a carbon filter, fan and duct silencer setup. This week I ordered an ONA Block Pro.
I'll get the ONA Gel Pro later on. I've never uses these products before. I hear they work.
I even have a tiny ozone generator for a last resort and hope I don't have to use it a lot.

How does the duct silencer work for you? I've thought about investing in some to cut down on the noise in my grow room.

troutman

Seed Whore
The duct silencer works great. Not sure how much decibels it lowers the fan noise. But I know it works.
There's videos on YouTube that show duct silencers on and off. For the money, I think it was well worth it.

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks to everyone on their feedback, I grow mainly just indicas all have very dense buds i always run a duct fan at the last 4 weeks flower 24/7 pulling fresh air into the grow room & exhaust the air out ive never had a problem with mold learned my lesson many years ago, but it's good advice to give to look out for mold with plants that produce dense flowers thank you all for looking out.

Can anyone tell me what the stretch is like on the MLI when put into flower I found a little info said it can almost triple in size? im thinking i might have to put them in flower this weekend if thats the case.

troutman

Seed Whore
I always expect Indicas to stretch 2X and flower accordingly.

I would rather send them into flowering a little earlier vs having an overgrown jungle where the plants suffer.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I always expect Indicas to stretch 2X and flower accordingly.

I would rather send them into flowering a little earlier vs having an overgrown jungle where the plants suffer.
Some Afghanis don't stretch much at all, not even close to 2x. IT's strain dependant, the stretch.

Haven't grown MLI yet, but the Ortega- Maple Leaf type in Black Domina is somewhat strechy, "a stretch indica" like Blueberry

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Can anyone tell me what the stretch is like on the MLI when put into flower I found a little info said it can almost triple in size?

Depends on how tall and warm they are. It's not unusually stretchy except in veg, so what, 2 feet?

D

daddylonglegs

Fun , I also have a few packs , That i had recently purchased after a decade debating . Does anyone know how this strain has changed throughout the years ? Under hermies now on reports ( too much ibl ?) I regret not purchasing long ago when may have had more integrity . so I have been nervous , but i too wanna check this one off my list of curiosities , sooner than later ... looks so far so good , hope all goes well and no herms

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey everyone!
Daddylonglegs - ive read recently that its still the same as it was in the past & they did a good job keeping it like the original but maybe someone will chime in with experience.
Someone gifted me my pack & i'm not sure how old my pack is but the packaging looks like it's a bit different from the new packs i saw online i'm not sure yet how old my pack is yet i'm waiting on conformation.

Ive had indicas such as deepchunk i just grew only stretched only about 4" with about half the plants the others doubled in size but have also have had indicas that nearly tripled in size depends on a lot of factors from temps to distance of light to genetics.

Time for the update they are now 6 weeks veg nice vigor to these plants the tent is packed so last night i transplanted them into 2 gallon grow bags & put 4 of them into flower. The 2 younger MLI will stay in veg for another 2 weeks so that they are bigger when they go into flower. It looks like I only have 1 female out of the 4 older MLI plants the other 2 youngins are still undetermined. The female has a earthy almost peanut shell smell when i rub on the stems.

I am keeping 1 of the males looks strong & healthy nice W I D E leaves & smells a lot like a hashy brown sugar smell when i rub on the stems (hoping this could be that syrup pheno?). I'm also going to take clones tonight of the male & use it to make a hybrid & personal stash of seeds with Lashkar Gah & PCK when i grow those out next in about 1-2 weeks.(stay tuned for that journal i'll post a link here)

As far as the Hindu Blue I have 2 females & 1 male looks/smells like i have a LVPK & Joey weed Blueberry dominant pheno from each that should be nice I currently have LVPK x Hindu Kush x dj Blueberry almost finished in flower now & looks glorious & frosty, LVPK is very dominant in every hybrid ive made with it which is not a bad thing.

MLI (the very bottom middle plant is the female dead center is the male keeper) top row left to right is Hindu Blue
picture.php

they are about 1ft tall
picture.php

MLI male nearly 2" wide leaves
picture.php

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quick update just going to post the MLI now at 1 week flower. I put the youngest MLI that were a week or 2 behind into flower one looks like it will also be female i believe, so i now have 2 females hope the other youngin is female too. I also decided to keep another male just looked healthy & strong with good vigor.

Female
picture.php

picture.php

2 youngins tallest one has good vigor & i think is female
picture.php

2 keeper males
picture.php

GoatCheese

Veteran
The leaves on that lone female and one the male on the left could be Ortega-leaning types. The narrower and heavily (double) serrated fingers look similar to leaves on my Black Domina.Ortega-type. My Domina's fingers could be abit narrower, but quite similar.

Indy69

These look great. Brought some MLI seeds and was hoping for some male and female keepers. Alas not one popped. Better luck next time I guess. Really interested in how these turn out. :)

GastroGrower

Hey Icon - ended up ordering some Maple Leaf Indica seeds - this thread definitely encouraged me to lean that way. Thanks for the info so far - I'll be following along more once the seeds come in.