What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Many Forest Gorillas vs Several Forest and Well Tended Plants

'Boogieman'

I myself have left popcorn over, once you have a house full of buds and all the vegetation turns brown sometimes you say screw it the popcorn is not worth getting caught over.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I myself have left popcorn over, once you have a house full of buds and all the vegetation turns brown sometimes you say screw it the popcorn is not worth getting caught over.

Couldn't agree more... he/they knew plants were going to freeze and die just by the date... and was stocked and on someone else's land, why bother...

No beans. A 24" seedling with 7 nodes. lol

now I envision it, with the fb card hanging like a flowers present? :laughing: priceless :biggrin: Would justify even the purchase of a trail camera to see faces!!!

I've had fun so far. Last week I dropped a NL Auto in with the tomatoes at the local garden center! :biglaugh:

hahahah... let's see how much time does it take for someone to notice! Imagine the situations...

-Look at that plant, sounds familiar...
-That one? but wait isn't that... nah it's surely made of plastic! a hidden camera! :biggrin:
- Wow, check it out! it looks so real!

or

- mmm do you smell that? incredible how fragant tomatoes are nowadays!
- really? I just smelled a hint of catpiss?? WTF?

Last edited:

Nup

No beans. A 24" seedling with 7 nodes. lol

I've had fun so far. Last week I dropped a NL Auto in with the tomatoes at the local garden center! :biglaugh:

!!! The thought of a full plant didn’t even cross my mind hahah. Sitting there like a Christmas tree with a card. :p

Those poor clerks must have been some sorts of confused lol. Awesome.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
For the record, I grow, harvest and process alone. I have so many plants in the ground, I could *never harvest everything clean, but I can get all the big stuff. I plan on sacrificing the small stuff to mother nature. Why waste my time (hours) collecting a bag of small buds, when I'll be busy until christmas. Make no mistake about it, this is about bulk weight and effectiveness, not picking plants clean. If I need more weight, I'll just put more in the ground. But to be honest, my plate is full.

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
!!! The thought of a full plant didn’t even cross my mind hahah. Sitting there like a Christmas tree with a card. :p

Those poor clerks must have been some sorts of confused lol. Awesome.

It has a few nodes, so while it looks different, you'd be surprised how well it blends in with small tomato plants. I used one of their pots, so it should scan as a tomato. lol

I can see a few things happening.
1. An employee recognised it and pulled it off the table.
2. Someone recognised it and bought it.
3. Someone will put it in their garden thinking it's a small Castor Plant and it just got mixed in with the tomatoes.
4. Someone will think they're growing a weird tomato plant and will ask their friends about it.

Last edited:

redlaser

Veteran
So you know they were not abandoned huh? How in the name of dying fuck do you know that? Did you see the bananas because they were way overripe and self pollinated?

With snow and everything freezing over, it's fair game. Larf won't mature at Lat45 end of November, sunset at 4:30pm and 0C or less overnight.

Trust me, I could have been a huge douche because it was on my land, so I'll take a "kind of a douche bag" label for only taking end of season popcorn.

This is the second time I address this today, so I'd better have another coffee before I snap.

If the grow was on your property that you get a tax bill for every year, that makes it a bit different.

In that case it is a liability for you if growing or even if you’re not growing.

But unless the above is true, only the person planting the garden knows if it is abandoned.

It’s quite possible the grower only took the largest buds because he was in a hurry after realizing his plot had been discovered. An experienced grower will be able to tell if someone had been in the area.

I always return to a spot even when I believe it’s been found. In the dark, with rain if possible. Sometimes stuff gets missed, and if nothing else get an idea how it went wrong .

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
It has a few nodes, so while it looks different, you'd be surprised how well it blends in with small tomato plants. I used one of their pots, so it should scan as a tomato. lol

I can see a few things happening.
1. An employee recognised it and pulled it off the table.
2. Someone recognised it and bought it.
3. Someone will put it in their garden thinking it's a small Castor Plant and it just got mixed in with the tomatoes.
4. Someone will think they're growing a weird tomato plant and will ask their friends about it.

Sounds like you guys are having some fun lol!!!! :woohoo:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
If the grow was on your property that you get a tax bill for every year, that makes it a bit different.

In that case it is a liability for you if growing or even if you’re not growing.

But unless the above is true, only the person planting the garden knows if it is abandoned.

It’s quite possible the grower only took the largest buds because he was in a hurry after realizing his plot had been discovered. An experienced grower will be able to tell if someone had been in the area.

I always return to a spot even when I believe it’s been found. In the dark, with rain if possible. Sometimes stuff gets missed, and if nothing else get an idea how it went wrong .

I'll check next week on sunday night or something to see if he's growing. Even if he doesn't grow, he'll return eventually to look at the site. He'll find the FB Thumbs up and the plant I leave for him. So he grew some pot on my land. Big fucking deal. I'd rather he didn't cut the tree, but a good wind storm knocks hundreds down. There's no liability for me. If there was, I'd plant some on my asshole ex brother in law's yard and be done with him. :biggrin:

The bush is thick enough that fencing off the trail entrances with cattle gates and big rocks from the main trail would stop most people from traveling on the property, but I figure they're helping me keep them from over growing. Besides, bad actors would just break shit to get in. They can't really damage anything just riding around and garbage is rare. The only people who go in deep is the Ministry of Natural Resources to blow up the beaver dams every few years or so. If they didn't, and they burst, they'd take out the road downstream.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Yea it was. I stumbled on the grow while I was exploring on the ATV. I found them in September and they were in full glory.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75404&pictureid=1807025&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75404&pictureid=1807026&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

When I went back in November, the grower simply clipped off all the colas and abandoned the bare plants. Mostly popcorn, but a few nice buds.

I'll go back this year and put up a sign with a Facebook Thumbs up on it with a thank you note for the popcorn and a nice GG#4 for them.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. " -- MLK.

Hahaha I would love to have a cam set up when they see the sign and see you left them a gg4.

Whatever strain that is, its definitely from clone more than likely and its all very uniform. Doesn't seem to be a seed grow, looks like someone kinda knows what they are doing ;).

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
tychomololyth said:

Hahahah.... see you're a consumated prankster! :laughing: priceless!!!

redlaser

Veteran
I'll check next week on sunday night or something to see if he's growing. Even if he doesn't grow, he'll return eventually to look at the site. He'll find the FB Thumbs up and the plant I leave for him. So he grew some pot on my land. Big fucking deal. I'd rather he didn't cut the tree, but a good wind storm knocks hundreds down. There's no liability for me. If there was, I'd plant some on my asshole ex brother in law's yard and be done with him. :biggrin:

The bush is thick enough that fencing off the trail entrances with cattle gates and big rocks from the main trail would stop most people from traveling on the property, but I figure they're helping me keep them from over growing. Besides, bad actors would just break shit to get in. They can't really damage anything just riding around and garbage is rare. The only people who go in deep is the Ministry of Natural Resources to blow up the beaver dams every few years or so. If they didn't, and they burst, they'd take out the road downstream.

In this area if people are growing too close to my plants I consider it a liability because if seen from above it could lead to the discovery of mine.

About thirty years ago a friend and I lost about fourteen 10’ x10’ plants. Skunk #1 and northern lights hybrids. They were hauled out by helicopter and it was on the six o’clock news one night.

I suspect that my friend being spotted during the day was the initial tip off, ( he admitted to being seen), but it could have been spotted by air by the dea who ended up taking it out.

They missed a smaller group of plants about three city blocks away that were recovered.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
We're pretty lucky here in that police don't spend a whole lot, if any, on choppers. Choppers are used for city police and only 3 or 4 cities have them. 99% of busted grows are because of a snitch. We have a small population, and a gigantic landmass. To cover it all is ridiculous in the extreme. The economics just aren't there.

In the case of the grow I discovered, I can't even see the spot with Google Earth. And I know *exactly where it is. I did find a grow on a neighbouring farm with GE though. I mean he cut out a perfect square in his bush and the plants are in a perfect row. Nice spot though. lol

Nup

Lol, i'm loving those four options, Tycho. I can imagine, some people caught unaware trying to figure out this super-fragrant alien tomato bush.

Mad what you can spot with google earth, but without the UV cameras they could be anything.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Lol you can even see the tire tracks in the 3rd pic were there driving in to the garden lol !!! I used goggle to learn my way around Chicago. I felt like I was walking down michigan ave. 360deg view at ground level. It's crazy what type of technology we have. Learn to incorporate it into growing weed is a still

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Lol you can even see the tire tracks in the 3rd pic were there driving in to the garden lol !!! I used goggle to learn my way around Chicago. I felt like I was walking down michigan ave. 360deg view at ground level. It's crazy what type of technology we have. Learn to incorporate it into growing weed is a still

Couldn't agree more :)

You could even determine (with proper software, architects use this) which (hidden) patches get more light hours...

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Couldn't agree more :)

You could even determine (with proper software, architects use this) which (hidden) patches get more light hours...

Yea that 3rd pic the plants closer to the trees seem smaller.....because less light lol. Yea these/those maps have been in place for awhile. I used them to navigate Chicago back in 2011. So if we think how much satalite imaginary and software is being used by the govornment it's astounding

redlaser

Veteran
You can get satellite imaging in real time or close to it. A friend works in a large heating and cooling company doing new installations and they use it to do design/ layouts of rooftop installations. It’s expensive though, 5,000$ for either a month or a years worth.