What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Many Forest Gorillas vs Several Forest and Well Tended Plants

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Hope you keep that software encrypted.

Never ran that much to know best ways to turn so much trim into hash. Seen some personal set ups online for massive ops. Even pulley set ups. If only there was a static hash machine. The concentrate forum barely makes sense to me these days. All sorts of high end fancy devices!

I know huh? Prices are insane for simple machines.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
wow Tychomonolyth, read the whole thread, what a blast!

You make indoor look boring! :biggrin:

Learnt a lot in the process, thanks to all posters!

I'm kind of mad scientist when it comes to solve problems... using commonly available items. just ask..

I'm actually impressed and thrilled by the will and amount of devotion involved! :dance013::huggg:

...and I was complaining when using pick and hoe to dig some square meters in my veg garden! :tiphat:

keep updates coming! :lurk:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
That's what I like about this place repuk. Have a problem? Post it and someone just hands you the answer, with options, and the hope you kick out a great grow.

On that note...
My first batch (50 NL Autos) are in flower and it's not even June! :tiphat:

(Come on baby... Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.)

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
That's what I like about this place repuk. Have a problem? Post it and someone just hands you the answer, with options, and the hope you kick out a great grow.

On that note...
My first batch (50 NL Autos) are in flower and it's not even June! :tiphat:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76735&pictureid=1854387]View Image[/url]
(Come on baby... Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.)

I've learned so much from OG and the indoor grow bible......I feel I can do and grow anything indoors....that's my thing. Now outdoors I'm not what I am indoors. But I'm not afraid to ask questions and try stuff, plus I kinda know who to listen too. Plus these forums like Tycho said you just ask and you got answers and options. We all can learn on each other's strengths weather it be indoors or outdoors and help each other. I don't know about everybody but I love to see guys have a kick ass grow and do good

Sorry to get off topic...,.i got a question. How far apart should I put my container plants to avoid possible helicopters seeing them. I'll be using 30gal and smaller grow bags. I was gonna put them here and there try to plant around thick briars and stuff.....maybe plant 2 / about 10ft apart. Just want some opinions....security is number one we all know but if I can squeeze another plant in my good plot with the good sunlight and stuff.... I wanna get as many container plants in my A1 plot as I can

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I've learned so much from OG and the indoor grow bible......I feel I can do and grow anything indoors....that's my thing. Now outdoors I'm not what I am indoors. But I'm not afraid to ask questions and try stuff, plus I kinda know who to listen too. Plus these forums like Tycho said you just ask and you got answers and options. We all can learn on each other's strengths weather it be indoors or outdoors and help each other. I don't know about everybody but I love to see guys have a kick ass grow and do good

Sorry to get off topic...,.i got a question. How far apart should I put my container plants to avoid possible helicopters seeing them. I'll be using 30gal and smaller grow bags. I was gonna put them here and there try to plant around thick briars and stuff.....maybe plant 2 / about 10ft apart. Just want some opinions....security is number one we all know but if I can squeeze another plant in my good plot with the good sunlight and stuff.... I wanna get as many container plants in my A1 plot as I can

I still have to learn about indoor growing. Indoor and Outdoor growers are like Beef and Dairy farmers. Very different skill sets. I've noticed some IC members that do both and I'll be picking their brains this fall. lol

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Tychomonolyth said:
I still have to learn about indoor growing. Indoor and Outdoor growers are like Beef and Dairy farmers. Very different skill sets. I've noticed some IC members that do both and I'll be picking their brains this fall. lol

Couldn't agree more! Sowed a mystery seed I found on some Fruit Devil bud I got, and even not giving a d*mn for it, I'm still uneasy on how to water it on soil!

Tycho that last plot looks killer... and you also have water near, nice!

One thing I would try if I were in your shoes when digging the holes, is making a "battery rig" with LiFePo4 e-bike batteries; they're light and with the right ones you'd have tons of autonomy.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-05-29 a las 13.38.50.jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2018-05-29 a las 13.38.50.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Battery details:

These are LiFePO4 38120S cells, 10Ah 3.2V, stand 100A surges for 10 sec, advised continuous duty of 30A. Cost like $9-13 and weights 330grams each, 3.2V per cell. measures 38x120mm. What's your DeWalt battery specs on Ah? any discharge ratings?

Given that we would be building something new, we could also fix the ergonomy issue while using the auger bit: it should be easy to design a kind of T-shaped rig with hollow bars to act as a handle for you, doubling its duty to contain the batteries... Six of these in series should provide 19.2V 10Ah autonomy.

I mean a kind of T-shape hollow handle, that will contain the batteries both in the handles and the en tube that joins the drill; to secure the drill to the bar you could adapt a drill handle clamp to the T-Bar.

I would dismantle an old battery and wire it to use as a "plug" for this handle/battery pack, this way you can use the drill either with its own batteries, or with your "bush digger" rig.

Everything could be dismantled into two (about 20" each) or three (smaller) tubes that should be easy to haul (overall battery weight less that 2kg/4.4pounds).

To make the T you could use clamps commonly used for scaffolds, or devise your own.

You could even use those tube/batteries for portable power while out: recharge your phone, power a small pump, flashlight...

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Couldn't agree more! Sowed a mystery seed I found on some Fruit Devil bud I got, and even not giving a d*mn for it, I'm still uneasy on how to water it on soil!

Tycho that last plot looks killer... and you also have water near, nice!

One thing I would try if I were in your shoes when digging the holes, is making a "battery strap" with LiFePo4 e-bike batteries; they're light and with the right ones you'd have tons of autonomy.

Or maybe build a kind of "holder" for the drill, with handles for both hands that will contain such batteries...
I have seeds from popcorn I picked from a forest grow I stumbled on that was still alive and happy after 2-3 hard frosts in November. We've been calling it "Forest" because I have no idea what it is. Might cross it with something this year. Probably Blue Dream. (Blue Forest or Forest Dream. lol)

I like that spot. Doesn't look like it, but it's fairly remote in the middle of 400 acres of corn/soy fields, and the creek is impassable because of fallen trees in the water along the way. This is the only open area on the creek. The soil is loose enough to dig by kicking it with your shoes, so as long as you don't hit a big root, you don't need handles. I walked out to the spot and dug the holes before the farmer plowed. Ever walk in a plowed field? It's fucking hard work. So the holes were dug a month+ ago and amended with the same stuff I used to make and cook my super soil. So essentially, I have super soil in every hole and I didn't have to carry it. :tiphat:

I used two batteries and had another one to spare. So battery power is good enough with the ones that came with the drill. I had a bigger modified ice fishing auger at first, but a small 3" garden auger is much lighter and works perfectly. I drill 4 24" holes in a tight box pattern and one hole in the middle. I can do a 12"x24" hole in 15 seconds flat if I work hard and fast, but I take my time at about 30-45 seconds each, ream them out nice and big, and drill underground on a sharp angle. So underground, the holes are about 32 inches wide. I bent the shaft a bit from digging sideways but I think it's good for another 1000 holes.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
The last 12 seedlings went out yesterday. They've been hanging around in the greenhouse constantly being pushed aside for full trays. They're at 6-7 nodes so it was time, and they're the last ones. I have Oil we made last year, and I usually take .5ml microdose because I don't like getting super high. But I wanted a bit of a buzz so I just squirted two full droppers (2ml) in my mouth on my way out. While I was out at the spot, an hour later, I started feeling it and I went up up up! Fuck I was so stoned! :ying: Those holes were re-dug full depth and 5 feet wide.

I was tripping hard for 6 hours, and another two coming down, when all I wanted was a buzz.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Tychomonolyth said:
I have seeds from popcorn I picked from a forest grow I stumbled on that was still alive and happy after 2-3 hard frosts in November. We've been calling it "Forest" because I have no idea what it is. Might cross it with something this year. Probably Blue Dream. (Blue Forest or Forest Dream. lol)

Wasn't it cropped? :bigeye: one thing is for sure, those are well adapted to the weather! :laughing:

Hear you on the plowed ground... glad to know the soil is that loose, plants will thrive!

If I were to dig that amount of holes that size doing guerrilla around, I'd need a jackhammer and hauling a pair of jerrycans... batteries will be fried after the first hole.

That DeWalt however packs serious power!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Tychomonolyth said:
The last 12 seedlings went out yesterday. They've been hanging around in the greenhouse constantly being pushed aside for full trays. They're at 6-7 nodes so it was time, and they're the last ones. I have Oil we made last year, and I usually take .5ml microdose because I don't like getting super high. But I wanted a bit of a buzz so I just squirted two full droppers (2ml) in my mouth on my way out. While I was out at the spot, an hour later, I started feeling it and I went up up up! Fuck I was so stoned! Those holes were re-dug full depth and 5 feet wide.

I was tripping hard for 6 hours, and another two coming down, when all I wanted was a buzz.

:laughing: cannot wait to have some stash!

There's something with gardening while being high! sunshine over flowers... I can clamp to a chore for hours!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Battery details:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=457449]View Image [/URL]

These are LiFePO4 38120S cells, 10Ah 3.2V, stand 100A surges for 10 sec, advised continuous duty of 30A. Cost like $9-13 and weights 330grams each, 3.2V per cell. measures 38x120mm. What's your DeWalt battery specs on Ah? any discharge ratings?

Given that we would be building something new, we could also fix the ergonomy issue while using the auger bit: it should be easy to design a kind of T-shaped rig with hollow bars to act as a handle for you, doubling its duty to contain the batteries... Six of these in series should provide 19.2V 10Ah autonomy.

I mean a kind of T-shape hollow handle, that will contain the batteries both in the handles and the en tube that joins the drill; to secure the drill to the bar you could adapt a drill handle clamp to the T-Bar.

I would dismantle an old battery and wire it to use as a "plug" for this handle/battery pack, this way you can use the drill either with its own batteries, or with your "bush digger" rig.

Everything could be dismantled into two (about 20" each) or three (smaller) tubes that should be easy to haul (overall battery weight less that 2kg/4.4pounds).

To make the T you could use clamps commonly used for scaffolds, or devise your own.

You could even use those tube/batteries for portable power while out: recharge your phone, power a small pump, flashlight...
fantastic idea! I could drill holes until the cows came home with that!!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Wasn't it cropped? :bigeye:
Yea it was. I stumbled on the grow while I was exploring on the ATV. I found them in September and they were in full glory.

When I went back in November, the grower simply clipped off all the colas and abandoned the bare plants. Mostly popcorn, but a few nice buds.

I'll go back this year and put up a sign with a Facebook Thumbs up on it with a thank you note for the popcorn and a nice GG#4 for them.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. " -- MLK.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Tychomonolyth said:
I'll go back this year and put up a sign with a Facebook Thumbs up on it with a thank you note for the popcorn and a nice GG#4 for them.

That's "bushtiquette" (didn't touch the plants colas when you could) with a touch of class! :yes: hahah they gonna freak out!

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Woah! What a find! That must have been a nice site to stumble onto.
The lad who goes back to that spot to find a sign and some beans will be in for a good surprise :laughing:

Enjoying the posts, happy growing.
No beans. A 24" seedling with 7 nodes. lol

I've had fun so far. Last week I dropped a NL Auto in with the tomatoes at the local garden center! :biglaugh:

redlaser

Veteran
Yea it was. I stumbled on the grow while I was exploring on the ATV. I found them in September and they were in full glory.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75404&pictureid=1807025&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75404&pictureid=1807026&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

When I went back in November, the grower simply clipped off all the colas and abandoned the bare plants. Mostly popcorn, but a few nice buds.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. " -- MLK.

Those plants were not abandoned, it’s a pretty common practice to take the larger buds and leave the rest to develop.

Also, it’s a way for guerrilla growers to ensure they get some sort of return, by taking the main weight and hoping to get the second lowers later after they are more developed.

As a guerrilla grower, you never know when your spot will be discovered , and after all your work you want some return.

Only thing worse than having your shit stolen is having it found by cops

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Those plants were not abandoned, it’s a pretty common practice to take the larger buds and leave the rest to develop.

Also, it’s a way for guerrilla growers to ensure they get some sort of return, by taking the main weight and hoping to get the second lowers later after they are more developed.

As a guerrilla grower, you never know when your spot will be discovered , and after all your work you want some return.

Only thing worse than having your shit stolen is having it found by cops
So you know they were not abandoned huh? How in the name of dying fuck do you know that? Did you see the bananas because they were way overripe and self pollinated?

With snow and everything freezing over, it's fair game. Larf won't mature at Lat45 end of November, sunset at 4:30pm and 0C or less overnight.

Trust me, I could have been a huge douche because it was on my land, so I'll take a "kind of a douche bag" label for only taking end of season popcorn.

This is the second time I address this today, so I'd better have another coffee before I snap.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
That's crazy someone who put together a nice garden like that didn't reap all the bounty from their plants. Obviously they had enough knowledge to grow like that in the first place. That's a pretty cool idea leaving them a clone with a thumbs up sign and a thank you note. I honestly don't think it was a d-bag move to take the remaining buds. If they had abandoned the grow than yeah, it was fair game.

Latest posts

Latest posts