What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Manipuri

zaprjaques

Last one of two Manipuris that i'm trying to flower out in my micro setup.
Gave me about 80 seeds after i cut off the top.
The remaining lower branches were left to flower...
Screenshot_20210609-083415.png
Screenshot_20210609-083434.png
Screenshot_20210609-083455.png

Popey

Veteran
Hi. In 2019 I grew Manipuri. The high was good but not good enough to grow this strain at home for 7 months. During that grow of male Manipuri I pollinated C'99 from FS. I wanted to shorten the flowering time and enlarge the buds.
This year I sowed this cross. The whole cultivation took "only" 5 months (of which flowering 14 weeks) - 2 months shorter than pure Manipuri. The plant was also easy to control - with training it was very small. The smell was a mix of Manipuri and C'99 - very mild.

Here are photos of different stages of growth C'99 x Manipuri:

4th week of flowering:

Click image for larger version  Name:	c'man after 4w.jpg Views:	1 Size:	55.8 KB ID:	17929749

8th week of flowering:

Click image for larger version  Name:	c'man after 8w.jpg Views:	1 Size:	49.6 KB ID:	17929750

11th week of flowering:

Click image for larger version  Name:	c'man after 11w.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.4 KB ID:	17929751

14th week of flowering:

Click image for larger version  Name:	c'man after 14w.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.5 KB ID:	17929752

Last edited:

zaprjaques

Fantastic Popey !
I was just reading about it some days ago in another thread and was curious about the outcome.

Did you sample it yet?

May i also ask about your container size and light schedule?

Big thanks in advance!

ZJ

Popey

Veteran
Did you sample it yet?

May i also ask about your container size and light schedule?

Hi.
I haven't tested it yet, so far it is drying in a safe place :)

Growing pure Manipuri was very difficult, the bushes continued to stretch even at 10.5 / 13.5.
Therefore, the C'99 x Manipuri cross, although it was easier to cultivate, I treated it very brutally anyway. Until the second week of flowering, the plants were grown in 200ml cups. Later I transplanted the plants into 770ml pots. I also trimmed off the main stem above the first sucker floor to reduce growth. In the vegetative phase it was 16/8 and during flowering 11/13 was enough for the plant to bloom well.
The yield isn't big but if the high is very good I will sow more seeds, I still have a lot of seeds of this cross.
Regards.

zaprjaques

Very nice, thanks for the reply Popey !

I crossed my Manipuri to a Lebanese from Ace seeds.
But i was lucky to find an early sexing Manipuri that was also very stable.
I went straight 9/15 from seed, later 10/14.
First weeks 200 or maybe 250 ml cups then 500 ml with blumats.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I have 3 TRSC Manipuri sharing a pot that have been under 11/13 since birth and now on their 14th set of leaves and still no sign of sex? Pretty sure they are over 2 months old and wondering when they might show sex? I keep bending branches down super cropping style and they keep popping back up. Almost cleanly snapped a couple of tops, no problem the Manipuri just springs back no matter what you do.
I reduced their light to 10.75/13.25 a week ago. Any other tips to get them to flower? I've grown long flowering sativa's indoors before but might have met my match with these.:clock watch:
:watchplant:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Been there Chi. They take their time. I hope you don't get the 80 days without sex "marriage pheno"'.

Give them a couple more weeks and lower the light hours if necessary. It goes down to 10:30 hours in Manipur (if I recall) but I went all the way down to 10/14. Maybe eliminate all blue light in favor of red wavelenghts if possible. They are still on the young side for Manipuri so it's all normal at this point.

Good luck and patience

djonkoman

Veteran
light color, intensity or temperature might matter too, I've noticed I can't get my manipuri to flower from sunlight in winter (windowsill), despite the short days, and in summer I can only get a few flowers on them if I put them in the dark for part of the day (since days are too long for flowering in summer).
but I can get them to flower more easily under led-lights. (not a serious grow room or tent, just some ledlights I also use to start off chili seedlings early each year so that I can grow habanero's in our short outdoor season)
these are already clones though, originating from seeds germed 1,5-2 years ago I think, so that already makes them flower more easily then when they were still young (from seed). I've found because they don't flower easily, it's convenient to just keep them around as bonsai-clones instead of germing new seeds every time I want to use it for a breeding project.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Thanks for the replies. I think I just needed to know that others were having the same issues with this variety. I will reduce the light hours in a few weeks, whether or not they flower. I do have patience and luckily other varieties flowering so it's not like I will be waiting for pot forever.
Some quick snaps of the canopy. Lower left on the first pic you can see a haze that was put into flower after the Manipuri (not very good shots, sorry). Will post more picks once they flower (if they do lol)
Click image for larger version  Name:	Man1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	100.6 KB ID:	17987829

Click image for larger version  Name:	Man2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	80.9 KB ID:	17987831

Attachments

• Man1.JPG
    Man1.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of my RSC Manipur took over a month to show sex if I recall. It was later than any other variety for sure. I use 9/15 so not gonna drop it further. I will be curious how the RSC version smokes compared to the ILE.

zaprjaques

Did a microgrow with RSC Manipuris, 9/15 lights from seed in 100ml 'pots' (at first). The earliest sexed like 4 maybe 5 weeks from sprouting. Special smoke for sure.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It was a boy hehe.I do have 2 female RSC Manipur going now and one ILE Manipur. 11 males and 5 females in this grow. Gotta be a record and not one I am happy with.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
It was a boy hehe.I do have 2 female RSC Manipur going now and one ILE Manipur. 11 males and 5 females in this grow. Gotta be a record and not one I am happy with.

Chuck that Manipur pollen far and wide on every elite plant you have going. Just a suggestion. ;):biglaugh: There's no telling what kind of dynamite these already potent landraces can produce in crosses.

meizzwang

had completely opposite results, 10 female, and 2 males. It's not a good sign when you have this many females though, this suggests some hermi action. both males produced pistils late in flowering.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Thanks for the replies. I think I just needed to know that others were having the same issues with this variety. I will reduce the light hours in a few weeks, whether or not they flower. I do have patience and luckily other varieties flowering so it's not like I will be waiting for pot forever.
Some quick snaps of the canopy. Lower left on the first pic you can see a haze that was put into flower after the Manipuri (not very good shots, sorry). Will post more picks once they flower (if they do lol)
filedata/fetch?id=17987829&d=1636669863

filedata/fetch?id=17987831&d=1636669945

I don't usually quote myself, but 2 weeks later and these still haven't started to flower. :watchplant:

During that time I reduced the times down to 10:45, about 10 days ago. I am going to further reduce the time in the next couple of days, but may also cut them back as they are getting quite tall. At this point I don't care about yield, just want to see what they do. I was hoping to get at least 1 male and female for seeds, but we will see.
My other option is to take clones and start again, but I will give it a bit more time. I've waited this long. No photo update, they look the same just bigger and stretchier.

funkyhorse

It took between 90 and 100 days for Ukhrul and Manipuri freebie to show sex indoors
I put into flower plants 30 cms high and they showed sex a little more than 3 months later at over 2 meters height
I think these are clearly outdoor varieties
From what I have seen with other very long flowering outdoor strains, if you want it to be a faster indoor grow I would let them show sex and take plenty cuts flower induced, once rooted put those cuts straight into 11/13 and grow just top shots at 0,4 lt pots

harvestreaper

Veteran
It took between 90 and 100 days for Ukhrul and Manipuri freebie to show sex indoors
I put into flower plants 30 cms high and they showed sex a little more than 3 months later at over 2 meters height
From what I have seen with other very long flowering outdoor strains, if you want it to be a faster indoor grow I would let them show sex and take plenty cuts flower induced, once rooted put those cuts straight into 11/13 and grow just top shots at 0,4 lt pots

good advice the ukhrul up there with longest flowering lines ive seen

Chi13

ICMag Donor

Thanks funkyhorse. I wish I'd taken note of when I put these in but I think it's about 3 months. I started them at 11/13 right from germination thinking they'd take a month or so.
I will likely follow your advice and take cuts. I think they are indeed an outdoor variety, but that never stops me trying.
I'm in a perfect environment for outdoors but haven't got a safe place to put them. Might consider a small guerilla grow but there are issues with that as well, my age for starters. Bush walking has become very popular here too which makes life difficult, as everywhere you go there could be people.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
100_0034.JPG
Left is unknown sativa, very sativa in effect and look. I forgot to label it. hehe Right is a RSC Manipur. It took forever to flower and them turned hermie. I just noticed it and removed it from the tent. I took a small bud off of it and smoked it. My God! I was not expecting the euphoric and clean effect and as good as any other stuff I have. 63 days of flower so not close to ready as it was not flowering normally as it was. Shame I had to cut it but have a little top grade smoke now. I was worried the RSC version was inferior to the ILE Manipur. I no longer worry.

The Mystery plant is no slouch either.

Latest posts

Latest posts