What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Manipuri

baduy

A few closer shots of both girls.
Manipuri is the best of all RSC strains I've had the pleasure to grow, if only I lived a little closer from the equator
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

baduy

TY Squatty, yes those are light-deped outdoor, they are mother plants, originals were harvested for new year outdoor under natural photoperiod and were very good but skinny buds because of the cold I assume, then they were grown indoor was better but could have been much better without spider mites issues, this third grow with last weeks strong sun is the one where they shine most, more oily, more pugent, more productive.

Im'One

I have always wondered about light deprived, just how dark do you have to get the green house? I have a grow space i could move these or others into, with four solid walls and a polycab clear panel roof. Could i just start covering the roof with a tarp every evening about five?

baduy

I used a blackout fabric that I had, the kind you use to hide the hardware on stage, that's not what it's made for but it was close to be complete darkness inside when covered so I can't tell you about the results if partial shading, my main concern would be a location without direct sunlight at the time you put the cover on or it would turn the thing into a solar oven. Was an experiment but I'm sold, the light intensity doesn't compare with what you get in October, less pests as they were mostly in the larvae stage, drier conditions in late flowering.

baduy

But yeah basically my setup was like your description, a very cheap version of your description, just a less than ideal skeleton I made out of scrap wood with heavy fabric stappled on the sides and the back

Im'One

I used a blackout fabric that I had, the kind you use to hide the hardware on stage, that's not what it's made for but it was close to be complete darkness inside when covered so I can't tell you about the results if partial shading, my main concern would be a location without direct sunlight at the time you put the cover on or it would turn the thing into a solar oven. Was an experiment but I'm sold, the light intensity doesn't compare with what you get in October, less pests as they were mostly in the larvae stage, drier conditions in late flowering.

Thank you, my set up actually is on the north wall of another building, the roof faces north. Sounds like a would need a good tarp, not a cheapo.

very interesting, nice leaf shape on that manipuri, I am working with a indian hybrid with Manipuri and Kerala and it throws out some interesting smells, some mango cream like and others a gross smell that i cant place, but it really makes your nose turn up, very acrid.

regseeds

A few closer shots of both girls.
Manipuri is the best of all RSC strains I've had the pleasure to grow

That is high praise, but I understand why. Is this your assessment on the final product i.e. Resin quality? What are you judging on

Smoke report would be great here, this was my highlight strain of 2019 by a country mile x100 better than anything else i smoked

baduy

Hello regseeds. First I don't have extensive knowledge of rsc strains, so far all I've grown is Malana cream, chitrali, Kumaoni,Lebanese, Nanda Devi and of course Manipuri, so in fact Manipuri is the only rsc ganja plant I know, kinda lowers my praise :)
What I enjoy with Manipuri is consistency in potency (all plants I have grown have been approved by my commercial hybrid smokers friends) Great quality of high, maybe not as clean as a good Haze but no sedation no pot hangover the morning after (the citrus smelling ones are more electric though and also very potent) you are instantely aware you are high but you can be productive if needed. Good diversity of chemical profiles while consistent growth pattern. And most important it doesn't get boring over time and I don't seem to experience a tolerance buildup. My previous stash of Manipuri has gone to ashes and I'm looking forward for this one to be cured.
It has already been said but the biggest flaw of this strain is how long it takes to reach sexual maturity which is a put off for indoor growers, but once you have clones it's a joy to grow. Wait for Augustus for a smoke test

regseeds

Hello regseeds. First I don't have extensive knowledge of rsc strains, so far all I've grown is Malana cream, chitrali, Kumaoni,Lebanese, Nanda Devi and of course Manipuri, so in fact Manipuri is the only rsc ganja plant I know, kinda lowers my praise :)
What I enjoy with Manipuri is consistency in potency (all plants I have grown have been approved by my commercial hybrid smokers friends) Great quality of high, maybe not as clean as a good Haze but no sedation no pot hangover the morning after (the citrus smelling ones are more electric though and also very potent) you are instantely aware you are high but you can be productive if needed. Good diversity of chemical profiles while consistent growth pattern. And most important it doesn't get boring over time and I don't seem to experience a tolerance buildup. My previous stash of Manipuri has gone to ashes and I'm looking forward for this one to be cured.
It has already been said but the biggest flaw of this strain is how long it takes to reach sexual maturity which is a put off for indoor growers, but once you have clones it's a joy to grow. Wait for Augustus for a smoke test

Hello, my friend, Your previous stash of Manipuri turning to ashes made me laugh, isn't that the truth. I agree on most points, I found it highly sensory, great potency and tuned in

I would describe the ones I had as little to no flavour, but when the resin quality is 9.25 out of 10 I can handle that. Everybody else reported decent flavour on theirs so likely I screwed something. Did Coco will try with soil next

Looking forward to running it back and making some improvements. I'll keep an eye out in august for the "smoke test", have a great summer brother ;-)

Hit me up with anything on par with the Manipuri resin quality or greater, I'm always looking

Plantguy

What's the indoor grow time from clones? How's the smell, I mean how close or far would it be from being stealthy? Thanks

Plantguy

Mine flowered 10-weeks on 11/13

Ok thanks! I started a pack at around summer solstice time and now they're getting up to 5ft in 7gal, have been topped and later bent, and can barely positively sex them. They cloned easily and all the trimmings are now plants. Too many of them. It's been easy to grow outside in containers in veg

regseeds

What's the indoor grow time from clones? How's the smell, I mean how close or far would it be from being stealthy? Thanks

As i mentioned above. The one's i had virtually no flavour - maybe slightly pine. I did a lot of things wrong during my grow nevertheless hands down one of the most stand out strains I've ever smoked. I've been buying and growing seed since the first year of secondary school using my brothers visa electron card. So i have gone through a lot of strains - also having seedbank was useful

My Preference > 1. Duration 2. High/Effect 3. Taste 4. Aroma

When i hear things like "bag appeal" I cringe and think what has the world come too.
Back on topic, Too think i can add Taste/Aroma next time round is frightening. Maybe i got lucky with the particular accession (no idea)

When you smoke it the light goes off in your head "ahhh........ this is why i fell in love with marijuana"

Enjoy ;-)

Plantguy

That sounds great! I prefer low odor stealth strains. It's awkward to have strong odors with people coming to the door or into the house. Too stressful. I popped the "freebie" pack.

Plantguy

I've identified 2 females, 2 males and the other 6 are too immature to positively ID. Strange thing that I've never seen before is one plant has a branch with pollen sacks and a few other branches have pistils. I don't quite believe it myself. They're all outdoors at 47°N in 7gal pots

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran

Which post was this? :D That is certainly a possibility. Almost all Mexican strains (Central American too) on Phylos score very high in the skunk component. Either they all got heavily skunked in the past 40 years or it seems that way because skunk is mostly Mexican. If they're doing things properly they should be able to differentiate between the two scenarios..

Latest posts

Latest posts