What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Manipuri December 30th

ngakpa

Veteran
Green - great review, really good on the subjective effects. I've used on the site for the freebies, hope you don't mind. Great to hear how nicely the flavour and aroma are coming along

@Thai Bliss - tbh, I really don't think that kind of hybrid has any relation to a pure Manipuri plant, which is what we are talking about here

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Green - great review, really good on the subjective effects. I've used on the site for the freebies, hope you don't mind. Great to hear how nicely the flavour and aroma are coming along

@Thai Bliss - tbh, I really don't think that kind of hybrid has any relation to a pure Manipuri plant, which is what we are talking about here

Not a hybrid. It is different though, from a bordering area.

Green

Veteran
ngakpa- No problem amigo, I'm stoked! You are more then welcome to use my words. More then happy to smoke exotic ganja and write a review.

ngakpa

Veteran
Not a hybrid. It is different though, from a bordering area.

I'm sure VISC Burmese is really nice and all

but in all fairness, I've looked at shots and videos of this 'Burmese'

e.g.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yblzlm6teUE

and I strongly doubt that is even what modern growers would call a 'pure sativa' - i.e. it's a hybrid

it most definitely is not a traditional ganja cultivar

like I say, I'm sure it's lovely smoke

but let's not muddy the waters by mixing up those types of modern plants with traditional strains

I've been to the border regions on both sides of Burma, and met numerous growers in both areas

the Manipuri and the Highland Thai are representative strains from these regions - west and east of Burma, respectively

they are traditional ganja cultivars - i.e. very different types of plant from modern strains like this 'Burmese' you mention

a simple illustration of this:

ask yourself how that 'Burmese' strain would do being planted in July, then growing through the SE Asian monsoon, and flowering through the end of it (tails off around late October)

meizzwang

I was lucky enough to snag a pack of some RSC manipuri, although it turns out I got the old batch. Seeds were tiny and very unique looking! 50% sprouted, which I'm actually pretty excited about since others didn't have such good luck with this batch. I believe the new batch being offered today has much better germination rates.

These aren't expected to finish outdoors here in the Pacific NW, but you never know. Nice thing is, even if they don't finish, you can definitely produce mature seeds from them.

Apologies for the hijacking, figured others wouldn't mind seeing some more pics of this strain! Surprisingly, the first few set of leaves are quite fat, but from past experience growing pure sativas, malawi gold did the same thing during the "seedling stage". Once they get bigger and you start going into flowering mode, the leaf blades become more NLD:
35901061700_1c23c245c3_c.jpg

36295585825_254ac426ef_c.jpg

thejact55

My mani's were short with fat leaves in the beginning. They dont stay like that. I am also in the pnw, 48 degrees N, and there is no way theyd finish in my garden. Sadly, my lone female just wouldnt go into heavy flower for me. I had her down to 10 hours of light and hit her often with flowering teas, and 10 weeks in or so, she looked the same as 4 weeks. I recently chopped her, although i did get around 100 seeds from her (lightly seeded early on). I needed the room, as i have too many plants outdoors and i dont need the smell going a mile away, so alot are coming indoors.

thejact55

my last pic of her. could never get her past this point

Attachments

• 20170627_191250.jpg
    20170627_191250.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 18

meizzwang

beautiful looking plant, thanks for sharing thejact55! So I take it your manipuri was indoors? Seems like at 48 degrees north, you wouldn't be able to get the plant that far in flowering outdoors. Where I am, depending on the weather, if you have a strain that will finish by Nov. 30th outdoors, you have a chance. Malawi gold just takes too damn long, so that one won't finish, and based on the descriptions, manipuri isn't expected to finish either. My hope is to be able to at least get a few mature bracts to sample the terps. and see if I luck out on getting any citrus phenos. Maybe I can cross it with a select punto rojo and select for individuals that finish earlier, that's my ultimate pipe....errr, vape dream, haha!