What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Manipuri December 30th

Green

Veteran
Hey Thejact55,

I'm cool with you sharing my words UK42 but I got two conditions.
1. The narcissist in me would like You to add my fictional name "Green from 19N on Planet Arrakis" to my quotes
2. Give Nampka my kind regards and these words " Keep rocking these uber ultra long flowering lines and keep up the fine work"
Thanks

Green

Veteran
Aloha Thaibliss,

Good to have you here. I've been meaning to stop by your trip weed thread and make a few comments.

Green

Veteran

Planted Jan first of '17 and estimated harvest date jan '18
These are the offspring from my favorite Manipuri citric girl
Looks like these babies are gonna go a full year...
no signs of sex

Last edited:

Green

Veteran

Here is a clone from one of the females I took, last October of '16.
pollinated with a "short season Hawaiian male" of which delayed the flowering time.

Anyways this plant kept on throwing pistils so i kept it alive as an experiment. With no artificial light this plant is going back into the veg...

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Howzit Green

Those young ones are going to be huge, How do you deal with the bore beetle on old plants ? I'd say that the last one diff looks like she is starting to re-grow, my nice Thai died on me and she was starting to re-grow too. Loving this weather. Aloha DB

Green

Veteran
Hey Dirtboy808,

I'm well familiar with the bore beetles. But I've never had an issue with them. Maybe I didn't look close enough? Will keep an eye out for them.

I was dreaming of ordering 20 tons of soil lol. I've heard of some the oldtimers back in the 70s growing 20ft/6m Thai trees.

I saw photos of your Thai in the Thai thread. looking good... love to here more about her.

ngakpa

Veteran
Alright, here is the smoke report.

47 days Jar cured at around 65-68 relative humidity.

First things first, It is for sure a quality ganja cultivator... No hemp here, haha

Smell: Bright Citric orange/tangerine all the way. Followed by light hashy notes. Nothing eles...

Flavor: When smoked/Vaped it reminds me of the bergamot in earl grey tea.

High: Extremely uplifting with this very high frequency/vibration. Has a meditative quality to it, first your breath lightens from some unknown stress then the high slowly comes on and you reach a very high altitude of the upper atmosphere air balloon type. Not racy or jittery or fast. One can work all day on this.

Conclusion: Lets jar this shit up until the 6th month cure mark and open her up she needs to age............

@Green

great report

and great to see you made seeds and grew the ones from the best female...

will be really interesting to hear how things are after a 6 month cure

Green

Veteran
ngakpa, Ello lad good to see ya. Hope you stick around.

Yes, the 6 month mark will be curious indeed. I did sample some a few days ago... I don't want to say to much, but she is curing nicely. Couple notches up on potency of which I find quite normal on tropical narrow leaf kind with extended cure. I will for sure keep everyone updated on the 6 month.

weedtoker

Veteran
Did the stash survive the 6 months brother?

Also, forgot to tell ya, the first packs are running indoors (not the best I know) but I suspect they wouldn't finish here properly other than with depping or artificial sup lighting for the first gen, props on you for having a nice Lat and climate to make them justice!

cheers.

Green

Veteran
Aloha Everybody,

Official Smoke report, Manipuri RSC with a lovely 6-7month cure.
Here it is gentleman over a year from seed to smoke. Can you say long time?

*please note all other previous smoke reports are applicable, and this 6-7 month report is just an addition to all of them.

Mostly smoked a fat joint or two. You know "smoked two joints"

Aroma/flavor- Bright orange/tangerine citrus intro followed by slight notes of green hoppy earth. Highly exotic terp profile. This may not make sense but the closest thing i have seen to this flavor is the beer from New Belgium brewery called Citradelic. What a great name. ( the name Citradelic cannabis cultivator copyrighted and patented by Green, hahaha)

Potency-Lets talk about this for a moment, the potency of the previous smoke reports. I think I mentioned 5.5-6 on a scale of 1-10.
But I am very happy to announce that the Manipur girls increased in potency with a good couple of subjective points to a 7.8-8 with a 6 month cure. ( I strongly discourage anyone who likes lockcoucherlock plants, tropical ganja is in a different category)

Quality of high- I believe this is where these Manipuri traditional cultivator shines. Pure Narrow leaf high. Energizing yet relaxed A very smooth take off to very high altitude of high. But while your at this high altitude its not racey or rockety like some good thai's are.
Hints of psychedelia. If you can compare good Thai weed to hints LSD, electric,excitatory, linear, intense, lets party. Manipuri was more in the realm of hints of pysylocibin, organic, centered relaxed, happy, meditative, yet very much still energized and engaged.

Great way to start your Saturday morning.

Your results may vary...

Future planned F1 crosses for this Oct and Nov
RSC Manipuri X Zamaldelica
RSC Manipuri X (Mexicans)(greywolf) (liquid cool) (bohdi) Acapulco gold
RSC Manipuri X Old timer haze
RSC Manipuri X CBG Punto Rojo

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Excellent smoke report. Sounds comparable to the Vancouver Island Seed Company (VISC) Burmese. I am so glad I had added the Burmese genetics into my seed stock.

Green

Veteran
Weedtoker- After the 6month mark it was unsealed and only lasted a month, haha, I wish you the very best growing indoors. There is quite a few people on here doing a great job with extreme narrow leaf indoors. In regards to outside, why not? Pollinate with a super early male of a different and local variety and go through to the f2 and f3 stage? Ill tell you what you'll have something unique.

Californee- You ask if its smart weed? That is a trick question, all weed is smart. Haha. These are vey Subjective questions. But in regards to my experience. Yes you could use this herb while research and study or (smart activities. lol) No notes or hints of anxiety while on this herb, quite the opposite.

Green

Veteran
Thaibliss- From looking at a map, the Manipur district borders Burma/Myanmar. Definently an obscure corner of the globe. VISC Burmese looks nice.

weedtoker

Veteran
Thank you for taking the time on the matter and on the vibes, much appreciated. Think I'm getting your drift but, not all the Mediterranean has a long season, in the sense of having real sun intensity for late bloomers, altough everything I pop gets to see sun someday. If I find any males in the next batch we kindly received from TRSC :)woohoo:) I'll keep her pure first, otherwise the females, will be crossed to my best nld's males. The ultra fast thing might be on the line but first doing what needs to be done, then play along down the road with some modern hybrids/bld's to check how it goes...

Keep rockin it in the jungle (Specially the P2's) :tiphat:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great smoke report and glad I have some seeds of this. Wonder how the Ukhrul compares? They are supposed to be close relatives.

Green

Veteran
weedtoker- Sounds like you got it all figured out. Keep us posted...

Yesum- I grew out a pack of ukhrul last summer. I accidentally left the seedlings in a downpour of rain, doh. Anyways 2 seedlings survived. 2 males that went to flowering very quick compared to Manipuri. The stem rub on these 2 males possessed this bizarre burnt rubber smell. Regrettably I culled these two. I wished a had a female to smell and puff on. That is my extremely limited expierence with Ukhrul.

Right- I am absolutely in love with Punto Rojo, it's the real deal.