What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Male flower pics thread...

TheBudFather

god damn males... they are still beautiful plants.... almost identical to flowering stinging nettles... i think its its closest cousin...! gutting tho if youve veged the plant for a while... then finally find out shes a he!...

ganesh

????? ???
Veteran
Reservoir Seeds - Strawberry Diesel Male

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dyr

ICMag Donor
Nepal x Hindu kush:

picture.php

HTC Deep chunk/E-rocket Danish passion x B3N7Erdpurt/Royal dane:

picture.php

picture.php

Balance

Hi Owl,

Pollen is very easy to harvest. Collected the pollen in this jar today, just usually don't bother as it goes bad after a few months.
If I had brushed the sacs everyday for five weeks, there'd be more.
picture.php

I flower male pollen donors out fully to make sure they do not reverse, not to get more pollen. If you want fewer seed with only one grow room,
JLP's male isolation chamber is the ticket.
However, if you leave your males and open pollinate like i do, be prepared for a lot of seed.
picture.php

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
awesome! heres a nice male from the mighty mitef12 x b3n7erdpurt\royal dane hybrid
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Hi Owl,

Pollen is very easy to harvest. Collected the pollen in this jar today, just usually don't bother as it goes bad after a few months.
If I had brushed the sacs everyday for five weeks, there'd be more.

Just so I understand, while the male is growing and producing sacks. I should have a paint brush and stroke the open sacks so the pollen drops in to a jar such as you show?
I was wondering how best to accomplish that task. I had heard of shaking the plant over a piece of glass or putting buds in a bag and shaking.

I have a male that just began showing a few days ago, a Nepali.
I really want to collect as much as possible and apply it to my females during the next 6 months.
I know it's not the best practice for true breeding but, I need seeds and I like to experiment.

Thanks for the info !

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
if you get the pollen indoor just put a newspaper under it and the pollen will fall on it. outdoor you can pick pollen in many ways, best to do it in quite weather

heres one of my cheese hybrids
picture.php

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Thanks espe, beautiful plant you have. I wish I could grow outdoors as your picture shows.

Yes, my plants are indoors.
I can just place something (newspaper) and just collect what falls each day?
I'll have to adjust the fan now that I have this boy ;>}

Since I'm not familiar with growing male plants, having been told to "kill'em before they grow".
Do they grow just as long as a female ? Should I expect this male to grow for the next 8-10 weeks, producing pollen each day ? Do I feed it the same as I would a female in flower?

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
anx!

@Owl Mirror, you can keep your male in veg or reveg him. if he is flowering full now he will throw a lot of pollen the next many weeks, depending on his size naturelly. dry the pollen in paper envolos for 4-5 hours and put them carefully in the fridge before use

amnesia haze hybrid male to the right
picture.php

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Thanks espe, should I remove the pollen from the envelope before putting in the freezer?
Yes, the male just began showing beautiful tassels of sacks a few days ago.

I know my pic isn't anywhere near as beautiful as the pics in this thread but, here is my plant as he is today. I put it in my flower room about 7 days ago. My light cycle is set on 10/14 because I'm trying to finish a very long flowering Sativa. Today is it's 12th week and the trich are still clear. I was told lowering the cycle to 10/14 would help her finish.

FirstNepaliMALE-1.jpg

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
lovely!

@Owl Mirror, if you are going to use the pollen soon just put it in the fridge, not freezer. if you are going to use it later the freezer is fine. you can just put the envolo in there to in an air tight box
b3n7erdpurtxrd160808jpgob8.jpg

b3n7erdpurtxrd160808jpgpg3.jpg

b3n7xerdpurt240808hv5.jpg

Last edited: