What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Purple Haze Flipped 1 week

Dr Bombay

Ace seeds super Malawi haze. The plants are growing in promix veg and herb(1st time experiment). 5 gallon pots. 140 watts.

The plants are actually about 3 weeks apart from youngest to oldest.

They were flipped about 6 days ago. Very branchy and vigorous. The first pic is pre flip.💥😺
P_20230707_141343.jpg
P_20230717_070720.jpg
P_20230717_113241.jpg
P_20230717_113311.jpg

Dr Bombay

Looking good!

Is it Purple Haze (Oldtimer's Haze) x Malawi or Super Malawi Haze (Neville's Haze x Malawi)? They are two different crosses... Same Malawi pollen donor so half-sisters, different mom.
Hello goingrey!

Thank you for taking a look. Your question prompted me to go and look at the seed packet. It is Purple Haze x Malawi not the Super Malawi Haze. I was looking at that SMH prior to posting and got confused. Now l know the difference between the two so thank you! 🐱 It's P_20230717_195720.jpg quite different from the other Ace varieties l have grown.

MNGrow

Hi! These look beautiful Im using Promix All Purpose with Dr Earth Dr Amendments. Just wondering what your feeding (Dry/Liquid) and When you are feeding?

Dr Bombay

Hey MNGrow,

The herb and veg promix has nutrients. So that is what they are mostly running off of. However l did add some gai green all purpose dry fertilizer and also some fishmeal to the largest plant. Small amounts of calcium every other feed. Half of what's recommended for a gallon. Water every two days. 6.5 ph well. About a litre of water. Hope that helps. I will amend soil again shortly and go heavier on fishmeal vs nitrogen. I hope this is clear 😺💥

Good luck with your grow also!

MNGrow

Hey MNGrow,

The herb and veg promix has nutrients. So that is what they are mostly running off of. However l did add some gai green all purpose dry fertilizer and also some fishmeal to the largest plant. Small amounts of calcium every other feed. Half of what's recommended for a gallon. Water every two days. 6.5 ph well. About a litre of water. Hope that helps. I will amend soil again shortly and go heavier on fishmeal vs nitrogen. I hope this is clear 😺💥

Good luck with your grow also!
TY for your reply. The All purpose also has Nutrient but I added 6 tbsp of the Dr Earth Tomato and Veg (3-6-4) initially. Since Promix AP doesnt state how much NPK is in it. This I believe caused a Cal/Mag issue to show up eventhough the Dr earth Tomato has Cal at 7.5% in it. My next run I think I will just run them off just off Promix for 30days then when I flip amend with the Dr Earth Bloom. I would use the HP but I cant find it except online lol

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
TY for your reply. The All purpose also has Nutrient but I added 6 tbsp of the Dr Earth Tomato and Veg (3-6-4) initially. Since Promix AP doesnt state how much NPK is in it. This I believe caused a Cal/Mag issue to show up eventhough the Dr earth Tomato has Cal at 7.5% in it. My next run I think I will just run them off just off Promix for 30days then when I flip amend with the Dr Earth Bloom. I would use the HP but I cant find it except online lol
Promix has a 300 ppm nutrient charge in every bale. It's suitable for about a week or two.

MNGrow

I think you mean the HP and BX. The All purpose and Organic garden ones have much more food but not a ton. The AP says it has 90 days worth of food in canada. The American one just says "heavy feeder such as annuals my require fertilizer during the season" If someone wants to start with a near clean slate and build their own AP is not the way to go. I did burn my plants adding Dry Amends to the AP. Ive never used the AP for weed before just veggies flowers so its a learning curve. Next run im not going to pre amend, just use ph water and see how many days I can go before deficiencies show, then just amend at the recommended 2tbs per gallon of medium and some worm castings.

Dr Bombay

Well here's a super surprise for me. One of the plants is male and started to drop pollen on the leaves. Never saw this before. Can l do anything with this pollen or male?

I accidentally got some on a flower of the other plant. Does that mean it won't continue to flower? I really loved the look of this plant and the way it grew and the thin leaves.

Hopefully the other 2 will be good!
P_20230807_141238.jpg
P_20230807_141218.jpg

Dr Bombay

You will have seeds, probably a lot of them.
Remove the male carefully, don't drop any pollen if possible.
Avoid air movement when removing the male plant, maybe use a fine water sprayer or mister to keep the dropped pollen in place.
Good luck
Thank you Koondense! Some seeds would be welcome. Kinda cool and hopefully the seeds would work. 😺I was hoping to try some of this smoke! I never have. Do l leave them growing for the same time period to get seeds as I would for flower?

Koondense

Veteran
Cool, it's nice you want to make seeds :)
So since the male already threw some pollen, you can do different things depending on what you want in the end.
At this point I think you'll have many seeds already, but if you want to have totally seeded buds you leave the male in the tent for a week and move some air. Keep in mind you'll have to clean the tent for next runs to avoid involontary pollination. Control is key.
If you're ok with some seeds, remove the male carefully, spray with water the plants and room walls/floor, wipe it. Spread the females in the space and finish the grow. They'll mature earlier so keep an eye on bud and seed ripeness.
You'll still need to clean the space after the grow.
No need for the male to be there after dropping the desired amount of pollen.

Cheers

Dr Bombay

Thank you Koondense! I was able to move the male out and he is in the yard. I have not yet researched how to get pollen but will. I loved the thinness of those leaves.

They seem to have stopped stretching. I have never had a plant stretch like that. Light is still at 120 watts.

Attachments

• P_20230825_110325.jpg
    P_20230825_110325.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
  • P_20230820_173200.jpg
    P_20230820_173200.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 63

Dr Bombay

It continues to mature. I don't know what the buds will look like. I've amended soil a couple of times and they seem generally happy. The light is still at 120. I've done 240 for short day long bursts from time to time.

Attachments

• P_20230911_085609.jpg
    P_20230911_085609.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 75
  • P_20230911_085739.jpg
    P_20230911_085739.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59

Latest posts

Latest posts