What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x PCK & Killer A5 Haze Feminized

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
All cannabis strains reflower through their flowering process. Indica and shorter flowering strains do lesser reflowerings while long flowering tropical sativas usually produce more reflowerings and in a much more evident way.

There must be a balance in the ripeness of the different reflowerings of the plant, that's why Conso remarked to pay attention to the whole plant and not to just some trichomes on a part of the plant. If you wait until the very last reflowering is showing amber trichomes then the rest of the plant is probably already overripe and losing quality.

The best moment to harvest is not something mathematical, it's an art and requires lots of empathy and knowledge of your plants, it's also very subjective, depends on the strain/genetics, environment, grower's taste, etc ... someone can give you some overall tips to choose your harvest time, but at the end is the grower who must choose based on his/her own taste, that's why it is important that you experiment a bit, harvesting parts of the plant at different moments of ripeness so later you can decide by yourself how you prefer to do it next times.

During flowering (and in every reflowering) you will notice that some days the scents become stronger and more appealing (that's what i mean as a peak of strong terpene production), while after a few days after this peak the aromas fade or degrade a bit.

So take all these things in consideration (checking of trichomes too), but my best advice is to experiment yourself after reading this, it's a just a matter of experience, to know well the cultivars you grow and of course your own taste.

MedBelgUsr

Zo week 12 of flowering for the Malawi x PCK ... and this is the end, my friend.

Please say good-bye to the 6 plants ...

MPK - Last Moments.jpg

Drying until Monday ... and then : cobs !

MPK - Harvest.jpg

And meanwhile, the Malawi Killer x A5 is enjoying its end of life ... and its 12 weeks of flowering ...

MA5 - Flo 12.jpg

Probably another 2-3 weeks to go ....

MedBelgUsr

So as a last chapter in the Malawi x PCK coverage, I am going to show you my very first perfectly round cob ... it weighs 57 gr ...

I hope it wil be good because ALL the Malawi x PCK plants showed hermaphrodisms ... so let's hope the cobs are powerful still.

In order to increase the effect depth and strength, I will sweat the plants for 36 hours instead of 24, and ferment for at least 8 days ... fingers crossed !

Click image for larger version  Name:	MPK - Round Cob.jpg Views:	19 Size:	71.5 KB ID:	17874236

With the seeds/hermaphrodism trait, should I expect the same potency than with a non herma plants ?

PS : the ball on the picture is roughly 6 cm in diameter ...

Last edited:

MedBelgUsr

Months back, when I was at the very start of trying to cob my harvest for the first time, I noticed a lot of people telling me :

"you need to create a cob with a penis size",

"you need to create a cob with a penis size",

"you need to create a cob with a penis size" etc etc etc

You have all been heard :woohoo:

MalawiPCK-DickSize.jpg

MedBelgUsr

Week 13 of flowering for the Malawi A5 Haze ... and from their looks, I have decided it's time to flush ... :groupwave:

So water until next Saturday :headbange

MA5 - 1Week-1.jpg

One of the colas ... its height : 50 cm :friends: ( it's located in the back left on the previous picture )
MA5 - 1Week-2.jpg

Looks good ....

MA5 - 1Week-Closup.jpg

Closeups ...

MA5 - 1Week-3.jpg

Cheers !

MedBelgUsr

Today I have removed half the cobs from the fermenting phase and box, which means :

- I have unsealed them,
- unwrapped them and
- they are drying for few hours, until they are dry, and a bit sticky to touch.

They werent showing signs of sweating for the last 3 days anymore, but they were quite moist inside when I unwrapped them ( and so flexible that 2 broke, as you can see on the pictures ).

For the rest, the smell is not suspicious so it's good to go for the last phase : curing.

Hopefully for minimum 3 months ... ( and maximum ? YEARS !!!:yay: )

Click image for larger version  Name:	MPK - Cobs 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.3 KB ID:	17880821

Click image for larger version  Name:	MPK - Cobs 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.3 KB ID:	17880821

As we can see from inside the broken bits, the colours didnt change yet to that light brown/hashish style ...
On Sunday, I'll do the rest of the cobs because on the following day, there will be the Malawi A5 Haze cobs that will be created :bigeye: