What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x PCK & Killer A5 Haze Feminized

MedBelgUsr

Week 6 of flo is starting today ! 🤗

Let's be happy : all is going well for the plants ( at least it seems like such ).

Nothing special ... except .... ah yes ... except this weird thing : the Malawi x PCK smells like normal cannabis flowers .... the Malawi x A5 Haze has zero smells ... yes, ZERO !!!

Unbelievable, no ? with such a genetic lineage I was expecting a tsunami of flavors but nope : nothing !

I can imagine that they will develop later on ... hopefuly ... 🙂

MPK - Flo 6.jpg
MA5 - Flo 6.jpg

MedBelgUsr

Week 7 of flo is starting .... TODAYYYYYYY ! 😇

I hope you can feel how impatient I am ... the pressure is building up inside like the flowers sprouting all over the branches ...

Otherwise ... hmmm ... I think they are doing well 😎 ( but still zero smell for the A5 ...

First the Malawi x PCK ...

MPK - Flo 6 - 1.jpg

MPK - Flo 6 - 2.jpg

Second, the Malawi x A5 Haze ... ( 3 plants on the left side, 2 on the right one ... )

MA5 - Flo 6 - 1.jpg

Below few pictures of flowers located on the front left ...

MA5 - Flo 6 - 2.jpg

MA5 - Flo 6 - 3.jpg

MedBelgUsr

Week 8 of flo is starting ... 🧐

Everything is going fine and it seems like we're slowly reaching the harvest for the Malawi x PCK ... thus I have slightly reduced the feeding to add some Top Shooter ... not sure if it will help, but I'm sure it wont hurt ( from previous growths ).
According to the note on the Top Shooter bag, it should be used for 3 weeks. Zoooo ... 8 + 3 = 11 ... seems like perfect for the plants.

Still, I will probably skip buying that product again : indeed, dont you think that if you have doubts about the effectiveness of a product, it's time to try another one ?
And I wonder if it works ....

MPK - Flo 8.jpg

Fields of joy 😎

MA5 - Flo 8.jpg

cheers
MBU

Attachments

• MPK - Flo 8.jpg
    MPK - Flo 8.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 24

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Still, I will probably skip buying that product again : indeed, dont you think that if you have doubts about the effectiveness of a product, it's time to try another one ?
And I wonder if it works ....

Be patient :good:
Paddi :)

MedBelgUsr

Oh Paddi !? what are you telling me here and now ? 😋

So you have experience with the Top Shooter ? 😎 and you think it's worth ?

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Oh Paddi !? what are you telling me here and now ? 😋

So you have experience with the Top Shooter ? 😎 and you think it's worth ?

Sorry mate. The comment was a mistake - I dont know the product.

I was under heavy influence from Malawi x Panama :woohoo:
Guess I meant, that your patience will be rewarded :good:

P :smoker:

MedBelgUsr

Week 9 of flo is on me ... *ouch* ! 😁

Obviously, the Malawi x PCK is reaching its end : the smell is everywhere, it's extremely sticky and technically, as I have given the 2nd dose of Top Shooter today, the plant should be harvested on the 5th of June : so in 3 weeks.

For the Malawi Killer A5, I would definitely like to have all the opinions possible regarding its current state ... from the picture, I think we're still quite a lot of weeks away from the harvest ... I feel something like 5 or even 6 weeks.

dubi, could you please give your opinion : what's your take on the current Malawi A5 ripeness level ? are we looking for more than 4 weeks remaining, or less ?

The Malawi x PCK

Click image for larger version  Name:	MPK - Flo 9 - 1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	17857912

The Malawi Killer A5 :

Click image for larger version  Name:	MPK - Flo 9 - 1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	17857912

Last edited:

Consolidated

Hi MBU, killer A5 does not appear
in detail, due to the remote photo, but the M × PCK is definitely on the right track (2-3 more weeks), and it looks killer too ...
Be safe friend.
Cheers Conso

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Greetings MedBelgUsr,

Things look Amazing!! Great job. The Malawi x PCK is just stunning. Finished/finishing a round of the same strain. I've always been a "Garden Watcher", you know just sit there at the edge of the room or tent and just stare at the plants growing. This variety had me fixated on watching them in glorious bloom. One to grow again and again for sure.

Your Killer A5 is on point too. Harvest window by my estimate is 3-6 more weeks depending on speed of finish and most importantly, how ripe you prefer your finished Sativas. You can also drop your light cycle to 11 hours on, 13 hours off to help signal the end and hurry things along.

Cheers

MedBelgUsr

Hi Fletch.Fletch,

Thanks for your comment 😊

Technically, I do have time to let the Killer A5 reach its full potential, including the time to trigger multiple flowering if it's possible.
I just want to be sure that the Killer A5 is indeed worth the time and effort to let it grow for few more weeks ....

( and if I'm not mistaken, the light cycle is already on 11h30 for the Killer )

Btw, I'm already thinking about the 2 next strains that will come after the Malawi x PCK ( the tent will grow 2 strains ) .... but I'm hesitating ... could you ( and all the others reading this too ) help me choose what you would like to see first ?

3 Zamaldelica growing along 3 Golden Tiger x Panama
or
3 Honduras x Panama growing along 3 Panama x Bangi Haze ....
or
3 Zamaldelica growing along 3 Panama x Bangi Haze ....
or
3 Honduras x Panama growing along 3 Golden Tiger x Panama ....

For the tent currently "hosting" the Killer A5, it will be replaced by some Super Malawi Haze growing along ... I'm not sure yet ....

Cheers

Last edited:

MedBelgUsr

So Dubi made it official : the Malawi x PCK is indeed nearly ready ... while the Killer A5 is barely at mid flowering ....

Mid flowering at week 9 .... even if we just add 6 or 7 weeks, that will be my longest flowering plant EVER.

Let's hope the finished product is great.

MedBelgUsr

Week 10 updates have been skipped ( there werent really many differences ) and now we are at week 11 of flowering !!

Zo, for the Malawi x PCK, we have started to give water to flush it, and in 1 week it will be harvested : indeed, a microscope checks of 2 plants showed a high percentage of milky trichomes. I would say it looks to be around 80 % milky.
And strangely, not a lot of hair are red ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	MPK - Flo 11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.0 KB ID:	17868082

I tested 2 Malawi x PCK under the miscroscope and they look nearly ready .... what do you think ?

The first one :

Click image for larger version  Name:	MPK - Micro 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.3 KB ID:	17868083

Click image for larger version  Name:	MPK - Micro 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.3 KB ID:	17868084

Click image for larger version  Name:	MPK - Micro 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.8 KB ID:	17868085

The second one, another Malawi x PCK .... imho, looking like they can be harvested in 1 week ....

Click image for larger version  Name:	MPK2 - Micro 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.5 KB ID:	17868086

Click image for larger version  Name:	MPK2 - Micro 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.7 KB ID:	17868087

Click image for larger version  Name:	MPK2 - Micro 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.0 KB ID:	17868088

Then I checked the Malawi x A5 Haze ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	MA5 - Flo 11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.9 KB ID:	17868089

Yum, yum ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	MA5 - Flo 11 - Closeup.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.0 KB ID:	17868090

And out of curiosity, I checked the Malawi A5 under the microscope .... and ... oooh ... it looks like it's actually not that far from being ready too ... what do you think ? Normally, it still has another 4 weeks to go ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	MA5 - Micro 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.7 KB ID:	17868092

Click image for larger version  Name:	MA5 - Micro 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.7 KB ID:	17868092

Click image for larger version  Name:	MA5 - Micro 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.2 KB ID:	17868093

So, am I right ?

Consolidated

Hi MBU, your mal×pck looks dangerous....stellar .
You can not judge if a plant is ready only under the microscope, without seeing its all appearance ...
And the appearance of ka5 shows that 2-3 more weeks, and you will be rewarded for your patience..

MedBelgUsr

Hi Consolidated !

Thanks for your comments 😎 we tried to give the plants all the love we could ....

Regarding your idea that we need to see the whole plant appearance to judge if it's ready ... I'm wondering : what would you do if 100 % of all the trichomes are milky when you check under a microscope ?

I mean : what more could you get from the plants if under the microscope you see that all the trichomes are milky/brownish and it produced all the terpenes ?

This is an open and candid question, please do not take it badly 😉

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MedBelgUsr,

Looking great there ;) I would harvest the colorful Malawi x PCK in the upcoming days. The Killer A5 Haze still needs a few weeks more.
I agree with Conso, beside trichomes check also ripeness of latest reflowerings, latest resin production, peaks of terpene production, overall health of the plant, upcoming weather conditions (if you are growing outdoors), etc ...

MedBelgUsr

Looking great there ;) I would harvest the colorful Malawi x PCK in the upcoming days.
Ok perfect, that's what I was hoping to read. 😁

Below that's what I was also hoping to read, but I'll need some clarifications : 😉
check also ripeness of latest reflowerings
is the Malawi x PCK genetics prone to reflowering ? if yes, what needs to be checked exactly : if the brand new white pistils will be also covered in milky trichomes ?

latest resin production, peaks of terpene production, overall health of the plant, upcoming weather conditions (if you are growing outdoors)
How do you check the peaks of terpene production ? do you mean when the ratio of milky trichomes will start to be replaced by amber ones ? wouldnt it be also a microscope check ?

Latest posts

Latest posts