What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x PCK and Killer A5 Haze are joining the grow

StickyBandit

Potted the C99's in a little bit bigger pots with some organic potting mix and some peat
4 of them look fairly happy
20220921_165454.jpg

StickyBandit

@MAHA KALA I have set up the 2 Mindblowers on an auto-water regime of 5 seconds every 2 hours. I'll see how fast the water in the bucket goes down and check the weight of the pots. There is just rainwater and microbes in the bucket.
The roots were already at the bottom of the 2L pots they were in

The soil mix I used is:
10L Daltons organic seed mix (fine and low in nutrients)
10L Yates Organic vegetable mix (seaweed, fishmeal, blood & bone etc)
4L Worm castings
4L Oat hulls
2L Coco perlite mix
A sprinkle of Mycorrhizal Fungi

These are basically the best things I could source locally without the mix being too rich or too dense but not too fluffy
20220703_032903.jpg
20220703_032911.jpg

StickyBandit

All grows will be 100% organic for a while

One last round of the KA5H. I would like to grow out some different seeds but couldn't bring myself to bin these :p
Up-potted to 30L and changed to the 11/13 cycle 2 days ago
KA5H.JPG

The C99's will hopefully lift their game now that they're also in 30L containers. I pulled the ones with deformed leaves
C99.JPG

MxPCK's were also up-potted to 30L and switched to 12/12 2 days ago. A little stretching and they will be ready for the scrog
MxPCK.JPG
MxPCKShort.JPG

In the main area are the 2 small Mindblowers and 3 tall MxPCK's which are still on the veg cycle
MainArea.JPG

One of the Mindblowers is going well but I upset the dirt transplanting on the other and it suffered a bit. Looks the the oats aren't all husks :p
MindBlower.JPG
Oats.JPG

Thanks for looking in :wave:

StickyBandit

Just a little weekly update

This will be the last batch of KA5H for a while. I'll put them in with the Mindblowers when I flip the main area
P1010064.JPG

The Cinderella99's are picking up since repotting
P1010063.JPG

Looks like the Malawi x PCK's will fill out the 4x4
P1010062.JPG

And the little Mindblowers are going ok but the near one needs something, but I don't know what. Any help appreciated. Currently getting straight rainwater
P1010060.JPG

Attachments

• P1010061.JPG
    P1010061.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 44

blondie

Hi Sticky. I’m assuming your front plant yellowing of lower leaves is what you mean. my leaves have looked exactly like that before. I never figured for certain what it was, but I thought PH and/or over watering. Even my outdoor ka5h had that some recently. I thought it was over watering in this case. I assume you check ph also. Maybe add cal. Or better post in the sick plants section. Wish I had the answer. If you post in sick plants can you tag me. I’m interested in what it is.

StickyBandit

The bushy Malawi x PCK Plants are looking great, will add them to my list. :thank you: :biggrin:

How big and old are they exactly?
Hard to say exactly how old they would be under normal circumstances. I kinda had them on hold because I had no space, but you can follow their progress from here
Up-potting to 30L and topping and tying the branches down to the edge of the pots is what got them on track. They are big eaters :)

Hi Sticky. I’m assuming your front plant yellowing of lower leaves is what you mean. my leaves have looked exactly like that before. I never figured for certain what it was, but I thought PH and/or over watering. Even my outdoor ka5h had that some recently. I thought it was over watering in this case. I assume you check ph also. Maybe add cal. Or better post in the sick plants section. Wish I had the answer. If you post in sick plants can you tag me. I’m interested in what it is.
Hey @blondie thanks for the reply. I did have full saturation at one point with the auto-water system. Maybe I'll let it dry out and see if it comes right.
Cheers (y)

StickyBandit

The 2 shorter phenos of Malawi x PCK are getting into high gear now. There is a fat brown pheno and a short purple one. I started feeding them a few days back on some Bio Canna
P1010070.JPG
P1010071.JPG
P1010074.JPG

The reg C99's from TRSC are also growing ok. Pretty big leaves. I'll flip them this weekend
P1010069.JPG

The MxPCK tall, purple pheno are growing fairly average but I didn't give them proper dirt or anything. I just couldn't bring myself to biff 'em
P1010075.JPG

These will be the last Killer A5 Haze for a while too
P1010077.JPG

Last but def not least are the 2 Mindblowers. I'll take clones and flip these tomorrow and wait and see what sex they are
P1010079.JPG

P1010078.JPG

Thanks for lookin' in :wave:

StickyBandit

Dear diary
On closer inspection it looks like the 2 mindblowers are male so I'll grow them a little more to be sure.
Popped a couple more seeds today
1x Kali China
2x Rainbow Cake
6x Mindblowers

Edit: Mindblowers might still be female. A couple of tiny white hairs have emerged and there are no balls yet :)

Last edited:

StickyBandit

I've had a little re-shuffle, trying to fit more in :p

All grows are in organic medium for a while

*Hover over the images for a description

The Mindblowers in the 800x800 (maybe female now) are growing well and seem to be over whatever was bothering them, although I'm going to give them a foliar spray of calcium nitrate, which I managed to buy at last :)
P1010087.JPG

The 4x Malawi x PCK short phenos in the 1200x1200 are doing very well in organic. These things are bullet proof!
MxPCK1.JPG

Here is the main area with different height plants. Left to right...2x C99, 3x MxPCK tall pheno, 4x KA5H which seem to be liking the new soil mix they're in with the larger 30L pots. All the budding plants are getting some bird guano now while the rest are getting Canna Bio
Main.JPG

C99.JPG

MxPCKTall.JPG

KA5H.JPG

Kali China, Rainbow Cake and 6 more Mindblowers have all sprouted and are doing well
P1010086.JPG

Last edited:

StickyBandit

Dear diary
Popped a couple of Chocolate Funk seeds tonight (choc thai hybrid x haze, super strong high)
Tiny little things but have 100% germ on Maha's stuff so far :)