What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Been smoking cobs I made a couple years ago and am pleased
with the quality vs buds that aren't that old.

Stored in glass in the fridge, take out a few grams, bring up to room temp.

Tolerance build up after a few days, but I can switch to buds and
go back to cobs for a go to easy smoke, so smooth.

I'll have good yield later this year to make more cobs.

Great thread!

shizoman

If you need any help just ask my friend once your hooked nothing else cuts it ha ha.

Thanks a lot Tangwena. Have small amount of NL buds cutted yesterday, from last micro growing. Vacuum sealer and dehydrator arriving today, planning to put it for sweating tonight or tomorrow. So excited.
Waiting for the seeds from ACE for a next cobs batch.
Life is beautiful.

Tangwena

Veteran
Thanks a lot Tangwena. Have small amount of NL buds cutted yesterday, from last micro growing. Vacuum sealer and dehydrator arriving today, planning to put it for sweating tonight or tomorrow. So excited.
Waiting for the seeds from ACE for a next cobs batch.
Life is beautiful.
Give up smoking my friend start chewing aged cob cured sativa buds you have no idea how beautiful this world can be until you do.
I smoked for 35 years and have never had such powerful head trips until I gave it away and started chewing the aged cobs.
Smoking creates a very high tolerance IMO, based purely on experience nothing scientific you understand.
The highs I get from chewing the cobs last 5 to 10 hours depending on the strain and I can get as high as I can handle any time I want just by increasing the dose or changing strains.
Not smoking has huge health benefits as well being able to breath for one ha ha.
Cobs are used primarily for smoking in Africa as it is a lot milder on the lungs.

Mostly only the medicine men eat it. Now I know why, you feel like your in touch with nature in a way I have never had before.

shizoman

Give up smoking my friend start chewing aged cob cured sativa buds you have no idea how beautiful this world can be until you do.
I smoked for 35 years and have never had such powerful head trips until I gave it away and started chewing the aged cobs.
Smoking creates a very high tolerance IMO, based purely on experience nothing scientific you understand.
The highs I get from chewing the cobs last 5 to 10 hours depending on the strain and I can get as high as I can handle any time I want just by increasing the dose or changing strains.
Not smoking has huge health benefits as well being able to breath for one ha ha.
Cobs are used primarily for smoking in Africa as it is a lot milder on the lungs.

Mostly only the medicine men eat it. Now I know why, you feel like your in touch with nature in a way I have never had before.

Yes, heading in this direction. Planning to quit smoking when i will have some cobs to consume. This thread is great inspiration, thanks to your posts.

shizoman

Started the journey

picture.php

picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Looking good my friend try one at 40c for 6 hours, 12 hours, 18 hours if you like and see what the difference is after 5 days.
Unfortunately Northern Lights is not a very psychoactive strain so it will not do much more than make it very smooth smoking.
But its good to get the technique right for when you have something stronger and more trippy.
This technique especially if you intend chewing the result really starts to show its power when used on strong sativas as it is in Africa. But lets see if you can experience the joys of the sweet fermented aroma so when you have something trippy to cure you will know what to look for.
Looking good so far the dehydrator looks like its a good one.

shizoman

Looking good my friend try one at 40c for 6 hours, 12 hours, 18 hours if you like and see what the difference is after 5 days.
Unfortunately Northern Lights is not a very psychoactive strain so it will not do much more than make it very smooth smoking.
But its good to get the technique right for when you have something stronger and more trippy.
This technique especially if you intend chewing the result really starts to show its power when used on strong sativas as it is in Africa. But lets see if you can experience the joys of the sweet fermented aroma so when you have something trippy to cure you will know what to look for.
Looking good so far the dehydrator looks like its a good one.

My man, thanks for your time and attention. Already found list of your favourite strains, ordered all of them. Found your reply little late, so took one at 22hr and other at 24. Drying them currently and sealing for 5 days.
It's fun to try with any strain to cure faster, as I got from reading this thread.

shizoman

After sweating pics.

picture.php

picture.php

Sealed them after drying. But the darkest one got some moist inside, reopened, dried and sealed again.

Here the future cobs.
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
After sweating pics.

View Image

View Image

Sealed them after drying. But the darkest one got some moist inside, reopened, dried and sealed again.

Here the future cobs.
View Image
That looks perfect so far my friend dry any excess moisture from the sweat and seal up to cure.
Inspect in 5 days or so please post post pics again in 5 days to compare.
Killer strains you have for the next run they should be the ticket for the trippy cobs thats for sure my friend.

shizoman

That looks perfect so far my friend dry any excess moisture from the sweat and seal up to cure.
Inspect in 5 days or so please post post pics again in 5 days to compare.
Killer strains you have for the next run they should be the ticket for the trippy cobs thats for sure my friend.

Thank you, my friend. Will update when ready.
The moisture was not from sweating. I dried it after till dry surface and sealed. After this some dark brown juice come out inside sealed pack. Looks like it was too wet.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
If you haven't tried a Wake & Bake with a spliff of shaved 3 1/2 month old Malawi cob . . . well . . . you are missing one of life's pleasures. It will put a rosy glow on a dismal day - even in the middle of a pandemic!

Thank you once again, Tangwena. :headbange

Tangwena

Veteran
Thank you, my friend. Will update when ready.
The moisture was not from sweating. I dried it after till dry surface and sealed. After this some dark brown juice come out inside sealed pack. Looks like it was too wet.
The juice will not hurt its just that juice it doesn't get you high I have tried it ha ha.
Feel free to re open one and dry a little more just to compare the end result from a drier cob to a moister cob.
They will both be different.

Tangwena

Veteran
If you haven't tried a Wake & Bake with a spliff of shaved 3 1/2 month old Malawi cob . . . well . . . you are missing one of life's pleasures. It will put a rosy glow on a dismal day - even in the middle of a pandemic!

Thank you once again, Tangwena. :headbange
Oh I remember that feeling very well from when I still used to smoke brother.
Nothing gets you going like a nice smoke of aged cob first thing.
I used to just like sucking on the unlit joined if it was from a nice terpy cob pure bliss.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
This thread is so inspiring. I’ll need to re-read another dozen times but I’m hopefully getting waist deep into cobbling this fall. Think I’ve got a few strains that might excite you Tangwena.

Purple Haze x Malawi

picture.php

Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze

picture.php

New Killer Malawi S1

picture.php

Oaxaca 79 x Panama Goddess.

picture.php

F-13

picture.php

Thank you Tangwena and everyone else for this amazing thread!

shizoman

They all showed heads yesterday. Happy to see babies.
Panama, Honduras x Panama and Thai x Panama.

Waiting for a Golden Tiger seeds this week. 4 plants are my maximum.

Do you think I can try to chew it after 5 days of fermentation?

ElDuderCabre

Based on lurking and reading all 400+ pages I believe you can. However, it will get much better with age.

Tangwena

Veteran

You can if you want but it gets less stony and a lot more cerebral after its aged.
But if your wanting to try it out sure but its nothing like the finished aged high. I once gave most of a GT cob harvest away after testing it when the cobs were only a month old.
The stuff I kept for 6 months was dynamite and it taught me to be patient there was no comparison the aged stuff was pure magic.

Latest posts

Latest posts