What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi feminized

Texicwaste666

Great job man looks like a jungle not sure how effective with Malawi it would be but defoliation can stop stretch hit with superthrive day b4 to minimize stress maybe lil molasses even pinch tops maybe Dubi or some one else with more experience can say either way congrats looks like your killing it
Hey Shadowsfall, thanks for dropping by.I have been defoliating ( but good idea with the superthrive), but I stopped because I was thinking it might not be a good thing at this stage of flowering, maybe someone knows better but I don't want to take chances until I know it is safe at this point. I'ma thinkin' they are near the end of stretch. dubi said just let em go, that this is how they do. Also, i will take some close ups over the next days to see if maybe I have some seeded tops. They may have caught some pollen from the males when I yanked them. They are real weird with some round balls at the y's. i will wait and see maybe a light trick.

Texicwaste666

sacks or seeds?

sacks or seeds?

hope someone can help me out with this, these sure look like sacks to me or she got pollinated when I pulled those males. This is the only one like this

don't those look like male sacks?
hmmmm.jpg

seeds growing or sacks?
sacks or seeds.jpg

these look like sacks
sacks.jpg

there is something going on here
something is going on here.jpg

what is that?
what is that.jpg

Mohadib

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]don't those look like male sacks?[/FONT]
They don't. These are just calyxes. With many strains, these tend to to swell up earlier than the calyxes growing inside the actual buds.

If you want to know whether or not there's seeds forming in there, just slightly sqeez them - you'll feel if there's anyting hard in there.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
hope someone can help me out with this, these sure look like sacks to me or she got pollinated when I pulled those males. This is the only one like this

don't those look like male sacks?

what is that?

They are female pre flowers Texicwaste666

Texicwaste666

They don't. These are just calyxes. With many strains, these tend to to swell up earlier than the calyxes growing inside the actual buds.

If you want to know whether or not there's seeds forming in there, just slightly sqeez them - you'll feel if there's anyting hard in there.
Mohadib, they are forming all over them like little hard balls. The other ones don't show this trait, so I guess just part of the experience. Thanks for the help, cheers.

" the worm is the spice"

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Texicwaste666, I moved my males outside last year I thought early enough. I had them down wind (most days). I had some sporadic seeds in some buds. I had a male Snow moon and a male Zamaldelica x Hawaiian. No way of knowing who the daddy was so I discarded the seeds in flower gardens around town. It's fun to me anyway. I did intentionally pollinate a Zamal Hash Plant bud with the Snow moon. I have no plans to germinate any of those seeds though. I do love the color of the Snow moon plants.Beautiful deep burgundy. Your plants look great! Flowering is a great time as a grower. Mine are over a month away yet. Peace

Texicwaste666

Texicwaste666, I moved my males outside last year I thought early enough. I had them down wind (most days). I had some sporadic seeds in some buds. I had a male Snow moon and a male Zamaldelica x Hawaiian. No way of knowing who the daddy was so I discarded the seeds in flower gardens around town. It's fun to me anyway. I did intentionally pollinate a Zamal Hash Plant bud with the Snow moon. I have no plans to germinate any of those seeds though. I do love the color of the Snow moon plants.Beautiful deep burgundy. Your plants look great! Flowering is a great time as a grower. Mine are over a month away yet. Peace
thanks for dropping by farmer, I have another two months on my Malawi and 3 weeks or so on the Chem. Fun times. Those are strange looking calyxes growing at the ys.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
No hermi worry. Those are flowers that were probably pollinated. As Dubi pointed out, those were the preflowers. Looks like only those very early flowers were possibly pollinated . If they are hard, break it open and it will have an immature seed. Nothing to worry about. not at all.

Texicwaste666

No hermi worry. Those are flowers that were probably pollinated. As Dubi pointed out, those were the preflowers. Looks like only those very early flowers were possibly pollinated . If they are hard, break it open and it will have an immature seed. Nothing to worry about. not at all.
hey Claude, I wasn't worried more than curious. That's why I asked if anyone had seen this kind of thing before. I've never seen this kind of preflowering at this stage of the light change before ( week six), but then again I have never grown this strain. Rock on...

Last edited:

Texicwaste666

some more boring pics

some more boring pics

I'm going to bore you guys with some more pics. The Malawi is really starting to get expressive. All four plants are different, but interesting. The Chem is ok, but needed more light. No matter it will still be kick ass. it's coated in sugar.

chem left, Malawi right.jpg

chem on the left, branchy Mawai right.jpg

different Malawi expressions.jpg

day 39 light change.jpg

chem sugar.jpg

Attachments

• chembud.jpg
    chembud.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 10
  • lights just came on.jpg
    lights just came on.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 13
  • everything on the Malawi is turning to buds.jpg
    everything on the Malawi is turning to buds.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 14
  • lota resin on the chem.jpg
    lota resin on the chem.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 13

Texicwaste666

more boring yellow light pics, week six, day 39

more boring yellow light pics, week six, day 39

the ones in the front are not blocking anything anymore so I'm just gonna let em go
weeek six, day 39.jpg

the Malawi are so cool with the different expressions next to each other
two expressions of Malawi.jpg

again, different expressions, striking
malawi and Malawi.jpg

nice Malawi bud, there are many like this. I'm gonna be like a leprechaun with his gold when this comes in
Malawi buds, yellow light.jpg

Last edited:

Texicwaste666

problems, of course

problems, of course

well it was going too good I suppose. Is this rust? I just started adding Liquid Kool Bloom to the mix, maybe a nute lockout? Or, something really bad. This is not on the Chem at all.

20170709_092501.jpg

20170709_092905.jpg

20170709_092912.jpg

Texicwaste666

a better look at my problem

a better look at my problem

what is this, burn? Pests? Thrips? Rust? Gotta get rid of this shit. Gonna flush tonight when lights come on. If it is pests, I will do a bomb, then drench with Capt jack, if rust I need a solution. RH 56%, normal temps at around 79f, I did add some Liquid Kool Bloom to the nute mix, maybe they don't like it. Leaf feel sandpapery on top, normal on bottom, this is just on the Malawi. Chem has no problems like this. This just started showing up to.

20170709_100603.jpg

20170709_101917.jpg

20170709_102048.jpg

Last edited:

Texicwaste666

more pics

more pics

could this be thrips?

this is the bottom of the leaf
20170709_110128.jpg

looks like?
20170709_110138.jpg