What's new

Malawi Feminised

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Maxi I lean my plants over actualy re pot them and lay them down then all the branches become colas they will stretch a lot more come flowering. African genetics mate they are trees in Malawi when grown properly outside.
Tangwena

I have always grown all my Sativa's by tying the main shoot and all the rest of the shoots to the pot rim from as soon as they were tall enough to lean over. Drill holes in the pot rim. Like Tangwena says all shoots become colas,when all kept to the same height. I've had some that were one solid mass of buds.
This is a picture of a highland Mexican x blueberry. Once I see the stretching is over I undo the ties and open the plant up so the buds have room to fill out.

Attachments

• P1000853.jpg
    P1000853.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 12

Tangwena

Veteran
Well said Quinn use the stretch to your advantage, as Quinn says just try to keep them all roughly the same height by tyeing, weighing down ect they all become main colas
Tangwena

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Hello,
well this year i have Malawi & Golden Tiger.
Want to to Scrog with it.
One question pop's up:
Do i need topping the plants to get a nice Scrog?
thank you.

maxibiogreen

Veteran

Hi guies, folded!
But didn't work as expected, it was a first to fold within one internode only and now I know it s a mistake.
Always fold out of at least from two internodes, i ll develop if it picks anyone's interest.

Anyways no real harm done, i ve lost my tallest Malawi girl apex. Seeing how wide she is i m pretty sure it 's a good thing in the end.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Hi Mad yes continuously tip and tie till you flip her.
Tangwena

Hey Tangwena,
what do you mean with tip & tie?
Do i not need to cut off the top of the plant?
sry for the question but i'm not really sure and don't want to make a mistake...
thank you!

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hi all...I love this strain! A couple of questions regarding Malawi fem. I grew it out a few years back and there were some issues perhaps with the pack - so I ended up going with the standard. At this point, if there were issues, have they been resolved? Certainly looks that way from several photos I have lingered longingly over - just wanted to check. Also, are the genetics different from the standard, at this point - and, if so, how? Thanks so much!! Malawi consumers of the world, UNITE!!

maxibiogreen

Veteran
Malawi and holy grail kush

Malawi and holy grail kush

The Malawi next to the HGK (80cm) is one week older. That'll help those who wonder about Malawi development.

Tangwena

Veteran
Wheres the Kush? Shit that thing is pumping iron Maxi, kind of scares you a bit hey?
Cant wait to see the colas start pumping.
Tangwena

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Thanks for the thread! I love the shower stall.

I've got some regular Ace Malawis to start next.

I had the Golden Tiger and it definitely is much improved with a good aging so I'm looking forward to your final tests!

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Claude the Malawi I took 4 weeks too early I have grown GT and Zamaldelica both fems and left them till yellow, both are amazingly powerful so the Malawi will have to be grown again and left till yellow to have a fair comparison with the other two. But the GT fem and Zamaldelica fem I grew are the best I have ever grown hands down.
I need look no further than Aces sativas for insparation IMO.
Tangwena

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I need look no further than Aces sativas for insparation IMO.
Tangwena

I've got a lot to learn about these long growing sativas indoors and the Ace forum is a great place with all the experience. After trying the Bangi Haze and GT I can scarcely wait to plant my Malawi, Panama and Panama Haze seeds.

pabulum

I wish to grow Malawi at some point, I have never ever tried a landrace sativa!
I am just waiting until i have the spare time for the long flowering period.

boobman

Hi Tangwena, I've come back from a long journey to report my summer experience growing malawi fem outdoors in Australia. I screwed up so much is why i did not post any pictures. The insects kept cutting and eating the leaves I did something about that and tried to give the plants home made bug washes using dish soap, vegetable oil, and a hot indian spice I can't remember the name of at the moment. Anyway, I made it to the end but only had about 8 small nuggets on 2 plants in one location (I had a couple). It was a treat for me not to have to pay for weed for about 2-3 months.

When I broke up the dried bud/leafy it went into my tin and boy, did it have a unique smell. I used a pipe to smoke it as joints are a waste of weed when it comes to personal use and not sharing it around but that's my personal view. I'll still share a joint for the social sake.

I also managed to grow panama and it was good. Plant never got above 2 feet but there was buds that were quite small. I grew taskenti and that also never got above 2 feet tall due to my washes. So many lessons. I did get to see a lya bird walk by me as I observed it. Dam thing looked like a wild thin chicken. Also a wallaby came jumping by.

I tried iranian autoflower and it was forming some nice small buds too. It was done the soonest because it has mostly indica in it.

But it was also gratifying to be out in the australian woods under those big gum trees which are widow makers with their heavy branches.

Thanks Australia!

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Boobman sorry you had a bad run, I used to grow outdoors and got sick of roos,goats and locusts having a free lunch. Thats without the humans stealing it as well. It was a lottery and all the effort I put in was not worth it. There are no easy access good areas near me.
Now I grow indoors and have complete control over everything, as i no longer smoke it I dont notice the taste so much as I would if I smoked it.
Better luck next time mate.
Tangwena

boobman

Thanks Tangwena. Next time I will try to use natural plants around my outdoor grow I think. Peppermint plant and marigolds. NO more washing the leaves. I'm going to also try and grow in a muck bog too.

In case you guys didn't hear the word from Canada, the supreme court of Canada just made a ruling that stunned the federal government. Before a person with a medical permit for weed could only smoke it. It was illegal to do anything else with it. Then a guy in Victoria, BC, got caught with cookies that he was taking to a dispensary or a compassion club...can't remember which one but he got charged and the federal cout took him all the way to th supreme court and lost! Now if you have a permit for weed in Canada you can possess, smoke and/or make it into any form you want.

In September we will hear about a patients right to grow. They took it away and implemented a new program and said no more personal growing. Some guys challenged that and now they're at the first level of the federal courts. Could be going on for another 2-3 years in federal court.

Huge amount of business opportunities will now happen in Canda. I hope it also happens in Australia too! Apologies if I offended anyone for putting that in Tangwena's thread.

I also have told a lot of people back home about how good some of these sativa strains are! I enjoyed what I did harvest from the malawi plants!