What's new

Malawi Feminised

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Boobman I grow outside i dig a grave size hole 500mm deep and line it with plastic sheet,punch half a dozen drain holes in it and sprinkle a half bucket of water reaining crystals on the bottom. I then put two bags of blended organic cow and chicken manure mixed in with the local sandy soil. A handfull of blood and bone and mix it all up.
You would need to plant end of Sept/October to get full vedge, but even now they would still get big enough, they would start flowering around end of Feb, ready to pick May/June but of course thats depending on your latitude. They will grow very big and best to stake them down, either way if watered well in the growth and early flowering stage you will easily get what you seek. Good Luck
Tangwena

boobman

Thank you Tangwena. Where can I get those water crystals in Australia? Bunnings maybe? Those pictures of yours makes me believe that they will be less airy and more solid looking buds. Is that true? Thank you for advising me on depth of the holes needed in order for a big plant! Have a good day!

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Boobman yes bunnings or masters any good gardening store some people dont like them but I have been useing them for years and they help when you cant get to the place regulaly to water them. I am useing things called blumats google them they run off a reserviour and drip feed the plants as the soil dries. The plants will grow bigger and faster if you drip feed them seasol or seaweed extract in the water.
The buds when dried are very dense, its hard to squeeze them sort of dense. They have been cureing for nearly a year now and are quite strong but in a narcotic sort of way not my cup of tea. The stuff I used to score in Malawi was scary energetic even manic and distorted your perception. Sometimes even paranoic but mostly just completly tripped out.
It is a problem I had even with the seeds I brought to Aussie myself, that when I grew them they lacked most of the desirable power and were just narcotic as well.
I am still trying to get some seeds I recently received from an old friend in Malawi to reach their full power, I should know by next May so far so good.
Since I first grew them I have learn't a lot about growing on sites such as this. You see I never had to grow it over there it was too easy to just buy it ready cured and grown by experts.
So fingers crossed I get a good result from this lot of seeds. I also feed the plants lots of manure, blood and bone ect. If you dont they will likely turn out airy. These plants are used to roughing it in Africa poor soils, but lots of rain in the growing period hardly any in the flowering period. All i can do is try to reproduce those conditions but encourage them to grow big and flower profusely by good nutes in the soil.
If you give them enough food and water and sun they will take care of the rest and blow your mind by how big and resinous they will get.
Make sure you post a pic when the beasts are flowering.
Tangwena

D

Dr. KJB

My Malawi
Day 52 (Day 35, 12/12)

2Mfz6I0.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I have been very impressed as I germinated ten malawi fem seeds. They have doubled in size in just 36 hours after putting the germed seeds in one of those seed propagator boxes with the plastic lid. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long these ace malawi fem plants will take to get to harvest? I'm interested in knowing how they'd do outdoors in a hot climate like New Zealand or Australia. Would I be correct in saying that they'd take 2 months of veg time and 3 months for flower when growing outdoors? Would a four foot long by four foot wide by one foot deep hole in the ground give me the proper sized hole for a multi pound plant? Thanks for your input. So far I am quite impressed with these seedlings!

Hi boobman,

New Zeland it's located in a similar latitude to Spain but in the other hemisphere.
Tangwena's advise is correct, tMalawi will start to flower there in late February, and will be ready for harvest in May.

Best wishes for the outdoor season!

boobman

Hey guys thanks for posting back your helpful education about malawi. I have been out prepping some holes. I went to buntings 4 or 5 times. I love that store! Except for the cheap ass made in china mini shovels. Now I look on ebay for military shovels and you can find world war 1 and 2 trench shovels. Made to last! Some are 100 years old and are still highly functional. A mini shovel and a mini mattock (like a pic) are very important. My first holes got so much goodness. rooster poo, cow poo, blood and bone, sea-sol mix, sugar cane mulch, local dirt at 6.8ph, dynamic lifter, peat moss, and rinsed coco. So hoping that my plants take off. I started from seed on the 15 of november but I would say my seedlings need another two weeks before planting out there. Right now they are getting four hours of direct sunlight from the morning sun and are off the ground. Right now they're in beer cups in seedling mix from dymco. If they do not get planted in their spots until the 15th of december, how big will they grow before harvest in may? Do the malawi stretch a lot during flowering? Thanks for your insights!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi boobman,

Good job, sounds like a great soil mix. Let the seedlings grow a bit (at least 30-40 cms) before plant them outside in soil.

The overall size of your plants at the end of the season would depend a lot of many growing variables, (light intensity, hours of light/day, quality of the soil, temps, fertilizers, etc ...), if you start planting now, then they can easily grow over 2 meters in flowering.

Hope it helps!

boobman

That does help Dubi. Thank you. Here I was panicking because the seedlings are only at their first set of leaves after the originals opened up and first day of summer is tomorrow in Aussie/NZ. I can see them needing at least three sets of leaves before I transplanted in the soil. They are now getting 4-5 hours of morning daylight before the sun goes over the outbuilding and shades them. Appreciate your advice and suggestions. Have a good day!

Texan

Nice job Tangwena and everyone else!

I really wanted to grow this strain for a long time. It's nice to know there is a feminized version available for space constrained growers as myself.

B

Baron Greenback

There's some absolutely lovely plants here, well done all. This strain is just lovely, really nice to grow, absolutely monumental yield (well, in my opinion and experience it has yielded the most I have ever managed) and it is just so potent. Some of the smaller flowers, not quite dry yet, are so moreish and strong, I cannot wait to try the higher flowers.
It's excellent work by Ace seeds really, I'm working my way through their feminised lines and it's just a pleasure. Excellent germination rates, strong plants and magical weed. Thanks people.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Baron Greenback for your feedback,

I'm glad you are enjoying with Malawi :)
Best wishes with the other fem lines too!

Kind regards, dubi

Tangwena

Veteran
Tangwenas Gt and Zamal grow

Tangwenas Gt and Zamal grow

I couldn't be bothered starting a new topic so I tacked this on my Malawi thread.
Well I have an Ace GT and Zamaldelica test grow I am near finishing to see if I can get a trippy high from these. I harvested my Malawi way to early she could have gone another 4 weeks I reckon but these are going the whole trip to yellow leaves.
So far really impressed, I had 4 malawi phenos in the Zamal which I didn't like but this bushy Zamal pheno looks the goods, the Gt looks awesome just like in the Ace picture. All up another Ace winner you guys sure know how to select plants I am very impressed.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi C420 thanks for the comment, yes I think so all the other seeds produced strong malawi type plants massive resin covered heads like Malawi.
This one seed produced a spindly branchy weedy looking plant I nearly culled it but I am glad I didn't now. The heads are compact and small but the SMELL Oh my god its special and promises something special. I dont like the narcotic type of stone I prefer trippy speedy type high's and I didn't find it in the malawi dominated Zamal I grew.
I am hoping this plant may be more Zamal because the smell is better and the structure is different from the others. I didn't mention in my post but the first 2 are zamaldelica and the last 3 are golden tigers
Tangwena

wow thats interesting to hear. i think ill be selection some of my ACE and/or CBG seeds in the next few weeks for popping the next round. its that time again

and those Golden Tigers are Phenomenal if i must mention. it had another friend of mine drooling over them today. i would love to grow some of that some time

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi C420 I dont think you will be unhappy with any seeds from Ace they have all been stella plants very strong. I just want to sample the highs if I like them I will grow one of the clones really big and feed her right so she produces a big crop. These have been on light feeds, EC1.6 at the moment I have reduced it to EC 0.5 to finish them off quicker. i scoped the Gt and it has 90% cloudy, 5% clear and 5% amber. I think another 10 days ans she comes down, the Zamal is 50% clear, 45% cloudy and 5% amber. I think 3 weeks to get all cloudy and 10% amber. Thats my favorite taste

Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Tex they are not as big as the Malawi but only because I kept them on low nutes on purpose. When I feed them heaps they get huge but need longer to flower out. If any of these come out good I will revegge and feed them up big and just wait it out until they finish in their own time. Just Love Aces genetics real sativas with huge potential.
Tangwena