What's new

Making the Vietchunck

spicecowboy

Vietchunk Phenos

Vietchunk Phenos

Hello lc00p4!

Well, I guess that you can find a wide variety of different phenos in the Vietchunk.

Yours looks pretty similar to the one I just had to harvest because of the budrot emergency.

Like Alfred mentioned somewhere along the thread, some phenos of the Vietchunk tend to produce a very earthy smell.

I only had two female Vietchunks in this indoor batch, and both seem to lean to the Sativa side of the spectrum, but with a compact growth contributed by the Deep Chunk.

Your phenotype looks pretty Sativa dominant too, but also different than the two phenos I got in this grow.

Both phenos share a few characteristics, like the really eye catching calyxes, which have a very "wild" look, which I guess comes from the Vietnamese genetics.

I plan to post a detailed smoke report on the Vietchunk in the near future.

As I mentioned before, I didn´t take pics of the pheno I harvested on Saturday evening, but I will take some from the other girl, and from the buds.

Once again: Thank you so much Alfred for making this experience possible!

spice

kathmandu

cant wait to see your pics Cowboy, been anxiously wondering how the combination will turn out in resulting flowers in regards to high, aroma, yield, & bud structure.

spicecowboy

Update

Update

Hello Kathmandu!

Here is a little uptdate,- still without pictures, but as promised, I will post some soon.

Two days ago, I helped some friends moving into their new appartment, and unfortunately we worked the whole day, and I completely forgot about watering the Vietchunk.

As I came back, I noticed that the damage was allready done.

The fan leaves were pretty much dried out, but I knew that watering them now could lead to mold with the conditions we have right now.

So I decided to clip those fanleaves off, also to allow the bud to "breath" more during the very last days before harvest.

Gonna cut the plant tomorrow.

All I can say right now is: Interresting genetics, with some very wild properties in bud structure, and a really good trichome production.

My conclusion of the whole indoor grow is:

I will avoid to start my indoor grow in may next year, because that´s simply too late for longer flowering strains.

Humidity in Juli/August is simply too high, and even with the best ventilation, the fattest buds are likely to get moldy inside.

And drying during this time of the year is impossible without a dehumidifyer or additional heat source(which is a bad thing actually).

Summer is the season for Outdoor growing, indoors it´s far too complicated to control temperature and humidity during this time of the year.

In winter we have very low humidity, which allows much better climate control in the flower room, and the green plants help a lot getting over the winter depression anyway.

I have another Vietchunk just showing her first female flowers on the balcony.

She is very, very Sativa dominant.

Not really suited for Outdoor cultivation in my area, but we will see how the autumn will get this time..

spice

Last edited:

kathmandu

seems like this is one of the few deep chunk crosses in which the DC had less of an influence in the hybrid......in other crosses the chunk was pretty dominant, wasn't it?

ThaiPhoon

DC helps chunk up the buds and thicken the stems of landrace sativa's it seems. Also adds some width to the leaves! I had a bit of a mold issue with the Vietchunks. I'll try and snap some better pics of the Vietchunk X Thai's I have this weekend, if the sun's out!

spicecowboy

Sativa

Sativa

Hello Thaiphoon!

Yes, the Vietchunk has wider leaves due to the Deep Chunk Influence, and a more compact structure.
Nonetheless the Vietnam Sativa shines through, in the shape of the leaves, the bud structure and the effects.

Unfortunately it seems like one has to be extra careful with mold.

On the other hand my Vietchunks were growing in a real humid environment.

Gonna try them during winter next time.

In the meantime I´m curious how the Outdoor Vietchunk might turn out.

She´s a real beauty, but autumn wheater could again become problematic.

Maybe I´ll finish her indoors, we´ll see.

spice

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
the clone from my VC #2 stretched over 4x! it was easy to control stretch with topping, but the clone was not trained. really interesting to see the DC leaves in the beginning and how they get thinner towards the top.

amazing...can't wait to try it
right now im in holidays (just a few days left :badday: )far from home i had popped 3 vc about 15 days ago and they are quietly growin with all the care of my sweethearth :)
so next bloom i will have 3 beautifull Vc to show to you guys !
Thanks alfred

Hiyaaaaaaaaaaa

Wooowww wooowww woooowww i´m really really really happy to see vietchunks growing around the planet hehehehehe

Really thanks to you friends!!.

In this moment i have a new vietchunk pheno !!, this is very very sativa but the leaves are very dark green like the father, also i have other Vc pheno around 9 weeks, is fasta but no is like the first pheno... ¿ remember it?

This night i´ll upload some pics of my 2 VC.

¿ anyone will make the F2 ? in the F2 we can find all the phenos, in this moment i don´t have pollen of VC but i have some Vc seeds more around 15 seeds. We can work toghether to make the F2 and find " THE SUPREME VIETCHUNK " hehehe.

PEace and love brothers.

pebble

Veteran
hi Alfred and all :wave:
all Vietchunk that we plant, had been males... we couldnt do the f2 :violin:
big hug & big :muahaha: kiss hermano

pebble said:
hi Alfred and all :wave:
all Vietchunk that we plant, had been males... we couldnt do the f2 :violin:
big hug & big :muahaha: kiss hermano

oouu shiii**** no worries borther, i have new things to search the supreme heheeh.

Peace borther.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
hey alfred, do you know what pheno i have and if it is worth keeping. she is the only female i got out of 3 seeds and i still have more to do searching. all i know is this pheno needs to be trained to stay short.

Nice Koopa!!

here come the first pics of the 3 VC i germinated in the end of july...
they will be in the next bloom lineup !
it seems i have 3 different phenos but it's a bit early to be sure...

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vietchunk :D
057-2.jpg

058-2.jpg

080-2.jpg

070-2.jpg

Thx Alfred!! :wink:

pebble

Veteran
hi all :wave:
beautifull pics all.. Vietchunk rocks!!
Raco.. awesome!! :yoinks:
Alfred here ar the Ethiopes ;) so far, no hermies :D
the 3 Ethiopes

Ethiope 1

Ethiope 2, smell like deep and potent coffe ;) (is the only star to flowerin in winter/spring and did reveg, and now star to be cool)

Ethiope 3, she was the most wicked, now looks healthy :D

peace & love

Last edited:
woowww!!! i´m very happy to see Vc !!!!

raco!!! :jump: :jump: :jump: i´m very happy to see the VC in your hands :rasta: Thanks for grow it!!

Koopa !! Really interesting your report bro!!!.

pebble, what´s up brothaaaa?? a ver si te llamo un día de estos que fijo ando en las nubes :muahaha: Love this Ethiopian plants!!!

ras :muahaha: nice to see you bro

groovy, the first pic looks more indica.

In this moment i have two differents Vc, this one is a sativa female with a dark green colors like the father...

p8180396uc5.jpg

The little one is a clon of a Vc from a friend called Yapci, i´m interested in the yapci´s pheno because have some assimetric structure :rasta:

Peace and love !!!.