What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MAKING MARIJUANA GREAT AGAIN

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello ICMAG family,
I will do a couple of posts to break up many pictures I took this morning of some of the girls. I tried to clean my hands between stem rubs to give you the most accurate aromas of individual plants. I will explain those now before the pictures as my cursor often doesn't work after a few pictures of the post.

The two remaining Chocolope plants are very consistent with each other. Both have a bright chemy glue smell. There isn't any other underlying aromas that I am picking up. Certainly not any chocolate or nut aromas.

The CherryBomb of Mr.Greenjeans is still the most exciting in my opinion. A little bit of sweet fruit is creeping in. It is still heavier on the gunpowder side with a secondary milkshake (strawberry fruity) side.

The China Yunnan is fresh cut fruits all day long.

The Lebanese from Ace is a light melon and the musky background is, and I tried to find another analogy but there's only one way of describing this scent accurately is moist panties.

The Destroyer has a single aroma at this time and its carrots. All my other Destroyer plants have been a spicy pepper, but not this one.

I didn't do the Blueberry x Blue Thai, Orient Express or the Beldia Moroccan because I couldn't get my fingers scent free any longer. The China Yunnan and the Blueberry x Blue Thai female plants both have different expressions of color. One Yunnan is all purple and one is purple on green.

The one Blueberry x Blue Thai is mostly purple while the second plant is all green with no other colors at all being expressed.
I will start with the Beldia Moroccan, two Chocalopes, White Widow x Thai,
CherryBomb and the Ogers Kush for this post.
20220726_121732.jpg
20220726_121823.jpg
20220726_121915.jpg
20220726_122025.jpg
20220726_122041.jpg
20220726_122055.jpg

Peace farmerlion

Nannymouse

Yup, i've read that the chocolope has no chocolate taste/odor, at least in many instances. I was rather surprised to hear of so many hermies in that particular line. But, if you have two stable gals to sample, that's cool.

The OGers looks so neat, probably because it was so ahead of the rest, in part. Hope that there's a chance of 'no fuel' flavor on that one. What a nice line up!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Good day all,
I have 4 pictures today. The first is just a peek in the door. The second is the purple phenotype of the China Yunnan. The third is the Blueberry x Blue Thai and the last picture is of the mycelium treated soil.

I have another monotub of mycelium substrate ready to place in the fungal repositories. Since the roots have fully filled the 35 and 45 gallon grow bags. I'm going to influence this cycle of treatment in the form of a tea. Now I have covered how tea's work in earlier posts. I don't have the roon in any bags to accommodate any more substrate.

I will move the monotub to the greenhouse and fill it with rain and lake waters. Stirring it and letting it sit until morning when I will do a pineapple 🍍 feeding of the repositories with the mycelium treated water. I have four more spawn bags that are being prepared for later feedings. I will use them in the first week of September. That will be the last mycelium influence before harvest.

As you can see the Tomatillo tomato 🍅 plants are challenging the Orient Express plants for sunlight. The Orient Express plants are holding their own so far. They have been forced to get taller versus the plants in the single 35 gallon grow bags. The leaf bracts are almost identical between the treated and untreated bags.

I wasn't sure if this would influence a more sativa phenotype? Since these Orient Express were in a very competitive environment, this was one aspect of the grow I was watching/anticipating. Plant height is the only observable difference at this point. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
peace farmerlion
20220727_085042.jpg
20220727_085106.jpg
20220727_085120.jpg
20220727_085143.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends,
Today all the plants got a banana, strawberry, pineapple and tomato smoothie made with the mycelium substrate that had been soaked in lake water for about 24 hours or so. While I do have two bags with the mycelium treated soil in large repositories, today all bags were given mycelium treated water.

Be sure to glean information from your yellowing leaves. Don't just pull them off and discard them without reading what they are telling you. If they are plain yellow the chlorophyll is degrading being replenished in the upper foliage/new growth. When this is in your lower leaves this isn't a deficiency. When upper leaves are yellowing this can be a deficiency of calcium or magnesium. One or the other, it is rarely both.

Anthocyanins, blue, violet, red/orange are flavonoidsin plants. Anthocyanins possess antidiabetic, anticancer, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and anti-obesity effects, as well as prevention of cardiovascular diseases (CVD's). If your yellowing leaves are fading to a red orange your plants Ph is acidic. If your plants are yellowing to a burgundy, bluish purple your plants Ph is alkaline. There is no need to add any buffering agents into the substrate or water to ride the 7.0 Ph

Very slight adjustments example 6.9- will express red orange 7.1+ will express blueish purple. Plants with very dark green leaves tend to be acidic, plants with light green leaves tend to be alkaline. Here is a couple pictures of my Ogers Kush, the very lowest leaves are fading/yellowing. Noticed the light green lime color and the alkaline Anthocyanins expressing burgundy purple fade.
Peace farmerlion

The top 3 pictures are the mycelium treated lake water, the fruits being made into the smoothies for the fungal repositories.
20220729_114235.jpg
20220729_114241.jpg
20220729_114250.jpg

20220729_114925.jpg
20220729_114854.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends,
A couple of plants are just beginning to form buds now. The Lebanese are far and away ahead of everything in the greenhouse. The Beldia Moroccan is starting outside as well. I let the bag moisture transpire yesterday until leaves started drooping.

This way I knew for sure of actual bag moisture levels. A light watering at three different intervals will ensure even moisture throughout the grow bags. Like seedlings the transition growth between vegetative and flowering is difficult to see any change other that height. The 1"x 6" board along the right side of the greenhouse is at 6'. The upper support bars on each side are at 8' of height. The roof center height is 10'6". The grow bags I believe are 18" tall each. To give a general height reference.

Have a wonderful day, I hope your grows are going well this season.
peace farmerlion
20220802_154338.jpg
20220802_154330.jpg
20220802_154324.jpg
20220802_154406.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends, yesterday was smoothie day. A whole seedless? Watermelon was pureed and poured in the repositories.
Today is a beautiful full sunshine day. I just gave the plants their second watering of the day. I will go fill water jugs after this post. Here are two Chocolopes the Blue Thai, my Blueberry x Blue Thai the CherryBomb then Destroyer and finishing up is the 3rd Chocolope female.
20220809_170654.jpg
20220809_170727.jpg
20220809_170816.jpg

The Hawaiian CherryBomb, Destroyer, Chocolope and the two Lebanese plants.
20220809_170849.jpg
20220809_170917.jpg
20220809_170940.jpg
20220809_171251.jpg

Thank you for stopping by. All the plants are doing very well. I had collected pollen from the male Auto Zamaldelica then culled him. I have a late male flowering Blueberry x Blue Thai male that is a green phenotype. Before I make any decisions regarding his future. I'm going to observe every visible and aeromattic expression in the morning.

I have been sick as a dog for several days now, I'm hoping to feel better soon, and get a good morning with coffee in the greenhouse. This could be a very interesting male, I hope to see clearly tomorrow.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
The middle of the roof is 10'6 and the side metal support bar is at 8' the center of the extraction fan is also 8'. Thank you for your kind words.

The Blueberry x Blue Thai 💙 male has a spicy acrid slightly unpleasant smell. That said it smells potent as all get out...

I will go over him in the morning with my loupe and dissect all nodes and make sure this isn't a hermaphrodite issue, that is all to common with some Thai's. If he checks out the upside could be very high.

I would prefer the aesthetics of the purple meristem, but some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers...so I will keep that in mind.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends,
I had two more males that were culled this evening. The White Widow x Thai and a Blueberry x Auto Zamaldelica male just got whacked. Yesterday I culled a Blueberry x Blue Thai male. So the only male being used this season will be the phenotype #3 f1 Auto Zamaldelica male I collected pollen from and culled four days ago.
These are two different plants, both are Blueberry x Blue Thai females.
20220811_175429.jpg
20220811_175614.jpg

These last four are labeled as I figured out how to do that.
Peace farmerlion
20220811_180022.jpg
20220811_180706.jpg
20220811_180426.jpg
20220811_180207.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Get better Mr Lion!
Thank you for your well wishes MallardDuck 🙏 I get some different meds tomorrow. I will be able to read your threads without now without having to start over multiple times.
Thank you in advance for sharing this information, I'm looking forward to learning more.
Peace brother 🙏 farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello my friends,
Today the girls got another watermelon smoothie. I added 3 teaspoons of Sea-90 to 5 gallons of lake water and a heaping teaspoon of powdered Leonardite to each blender full. This will make for a higher dose of Humic and Fulvic Acids for each bag. This will boost chelation and cut the soil Ph temporarily just slightly while everything is transitioning into flowering.

Did this need to be done because of a Ph issue? Absolutely not! It's such a small change. Approximately 7.1 to a 6.8 at best, more of a balance check than anything 😉. I encorperate about 3 cups into each bag during spring preparation.
20220813_160448.jpg
20220813_160611.jpg

I hope you all have a great upcoming week and a great night watching preseason football, if you're into the NFL? Go Steelers!!!
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends,
I have to give a shout out to my wonderful wife that carried out my greenhouse duties as I was physically unable to do so today.
Having acute reactions to covid and some of the vaccines. Since December I've been unable to work and my body has been on a steady decline. I won't go into particulars right now.

I have decided to step away from growing for a time after this harvest. I'll be set up for a long time after this harvest with top of the line buds. If I can't muster the strength to operate my greenhouse, , I better focus on consuming the plants I've grown. .

I will try and finish this thread through harvest the best I can. Mobility is my biggest challenge right now, to growing. I certainly hope to be better by next spring, but I didn't think I'd be sick for 7 months + the way it is now.

My apologies, this wasn't in my plans.
Peace farmerlion