What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MAKING MARIJUANA GREAT AGAIN

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey Farmerlion, I figured I would drop by and check out your thread like you said. I only skimmed through this page and I am very impressed! I will definitely be following this thread. Have a good one!
Thank you brother for your kind words and time. There is multiple ways to grow some beautiful plants, I'm not going to throw any of them under the bus with malice. I do try and change people's minds about using synthetic chemicals/fertilizers, especially if it's being distributed to the public in any way.

Fungal Repositories will out produce in Quality and Quantity any and all synthetic fertilizers, PERIOD ! I'm doing this thread to back up my claims. Please open up and study my posts of notes in the first pages. Understanding how plants truly grow makes all the difference. Welcome to my thread Hippie Stink.
Peace farmerlion

Cactus Squatter

That’s awesome. So far the only things fruiting in my soil bags are ink caps and Leucocoprinus birnbaumii. I had some Almond Agaricus start to fruit but the humidity swung dry real quick and they dudded out on me.

Cactus Squatter

I may have missed it above in the thread, but when you’re adding smoothie mix to your pots while the plants are growing, are you re-using the same holes every time or pushing new holes into the dirt every time?

I did all of mine pre season and again around the outside circle when I planted things. I’m about to have a bunch of water melons and other fruit scraps and wanted to do another batch for them.

Mattbho

Any time i added Cubensis spawn to my soil bags. The worms chowed down , then tricoderma took over. It never really grew . Way too many bacteria and fungus in the soil . The Cubensis mycelium cannot compete .

I would get the odd mushroom that fruited from a clump of spawn .

Now if you add spikes of mycorrhizae I believe that is the relationship you are after

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I may have missed it above in the thread, but when you’re adding smoothie mix to your pots while the plants are growing, are you re-using the same holes every time or pushing new holes into the dirt every time?

I did all of mine pre season and again around the outside circle when I planted things. I’m about to have a bunch of water melons and other fruit scraps and wanted to do another batch for them.
Cactus Squatter, hey brother I reopen and use the same holes. Around the holes is where the colonies of microbes are most concentrated, so I don't want to interrupt their networks.

@Mattbho my repositories are on average 16" deep each. I have at least 3 per bag and up to 5 in two of the 45 gallon grow bags. I'm not looking for any fruits in the bags as much as I'm trying to prove communications between the dark septate endophytes and the exudates in the Rhizosphere.

Once I prove or disprove communications I can search different types of repositories, depths and concentrations of the spawn. I am running this test on two bags that have about 2lbs of spawn buried. I just did a fruit harvest from a single monotub of a penis envy hybrid of mushrooms . I have about a full qt jar of fruited mushrooms to eat or run in the blender with lake water.

My two mycelium substrate repositories have an Orient Express femmed plant from Ace seeds in each bag. That way I can compare my tested material with the results that Ace has posted on their forums.
Peace farmerlion

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Ok now for some pictures.
The 2nd of July I fed the repositories watermelons and pineapples in the fungal repositories. Two days later I want to show the differences in the same three plants. I will post them in the same order.
1. China Yunnan 2. CherryBomb 3. Blue Thai compared to my three control plants that aren't getting repository feedings the difference is night and day, but I'm looking in person and not online.
20220704_142249.jpg
20220704_142308.jpg
20220704_142328.jpg

The next pictures will be 1. Lebanese 2. Lebanese 3. Destroyer 4. Chocolope
20220704_142415.jpg
20220704_142427.jpg
20220704_142528.jpg
20220704_142612.jpg

I hope you all are having a great 4th of July weekend. Thank you for stopping by and checking out this thread.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Welcome to the 5th of July WOOWEED WOOHOO AND A WHOOP WHOOP...

I have some other plants to show today. It's supposed to be overcast all week, it was overcast all holidays too. I don't have the woven Vapor barriers around the bags this season. I couldn't find the right size bags to use. My water consumption is higher again without them. The slightly cooler temperatures has slowed the transpiration of the plants a little, I'm not using 25 gallons per day yet.
This first picture has a White Widow x Thai on the right and a Chocolope on the left of this 45 gallon bag.
20220705_115041.jpg

This is just the White Widow x Thai in the picture. The second picture is a Chocolope this plant really has my interests peaked. She is in a 45 gallon grow bag by herself. The third picture is one of three Blueberry male x Blue Thai female plants.
20220705_115115.jpg

20220705_115132.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Some more pictures
20220705_115148.jpg
20220705_115201.jpg

The first picture is the Gdubb x Purpura Regina hybrid cross f1's that I made last season. Both parental donors were very good producers of dense buds and had nice trichome heads.
The second picture is a f1 Auto Zamaldelica I made in 2020. I have a couple of these going, they are a week behind the other plants. The last two pictures are the mycelium treated soil in 35 gallon grow bags. They have an Orient Express in each bag. These two plants are about 3 weeks behind most everything else. I have one Orient Express in a 35 gallon bag by itself. That bag doesn't have any mycelium in it. Then I can see what differences are in the growth rates of treated and untreated soils.
20220705_115216.jpg
20220705_115224.jpg

The other foliage in these bags is Tomatillo Tomatoes. When they start producing fruits I will blend in with all the other bags. This will reinforce localized microbes into each soil bag. Helping to acclimate genetics to my geographical region and environmental conditions/triggers. This subtle influence speeds up and strengthens homogenization in sequential filial selections and generations.

Nannymouse

Are you sure those are tomatillos? Sort of look like sunflowers, to us. But then, i've never seen a tomatillo...

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Are you sure those are tomatillos? Sort of look like sunflowers, to us. But then, i've never seen a tomatillo...
16570618063115027282613602124684.jpg

This is the seed pack I took the seeds out of. I was sold on the color first. I hope to see if the ( Corotenoids and Anthocyanins) of the dark purple Tomatillo is pulled up through the roots and has a phenotypic expressions variation in the cannabis? The flora can express itself in so many ways. This also provides a second plant that could uptake the mycelium into its own fruit. Does this fruited sugar transfer cannabinoids itself? Two reasons I chose the Tomatillo and I really enjoy a good salsa.
Peace farmerlion

Nannymouse

I was looking at ordering some of those, this year, but didn't! They have a husk like a big gooseberry, or ground cherries, if you are familiar with those. They also can have a long grow period, compared to tomatoes. But since my favorite 'sauce' for mex food is the verde sauce, which is usually made with the green version of the tomatilla, i'll sure be following...hehe and hoping to try some salsa from it!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello my friends,
Today we're focusing on four plants of the same strain.
The Chocolope of DNA Genetics. These were gifted to me by the lovely Mrs Nannymouse ❤ This strain was originally called D-line, it's a Chocolate Thai crossed with a Cannalope Haze. This was in the heyday of DNA Genetics and they continually had strains placing in cups around the world. In my opinion after 2011 the Cups had completely lost their integrity and character of what made the fun and competitive to start with.

The Cups now are politically corrupt as the United States elections are, which is so sad. We chase after names for recognition by association than they truly seek quality. Enough of that rant... Chocolope has stood up to the test of time. It has cemented a place in a generation's minds as the best of it's time and is that generation's Old School Classic. And deservedly so!!!

I did another light feeding of pineapple in the fungal repositories today. It's a beautiful sunny 78deg day today. These four Chocalopes are really coming into their own in a hurry. With many multiple leaf bracts(9, 10, and 11) they're settling into their own phenotypic expressions. None have started pre flowering yet, I don't remember if these were feminized or regular seeds. Nannymouse do you recall?
Thank you for stopping by and checking out this thread
Peace farmerlion

20220706_104744.jpg
20220706_120349.jpg
20220706_120358.jpg
20220706_120411.jpg
20220706_120426.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
That's an awesome strain, both its broad spicey flavour and uplifting positive high are outstanding.
Really curious how they later look with your method.
Your journal rocks Farmerlion, thumbs up
Thank you my friend.
Momma left for town to visit her niece before her and the great nieces go back home.

This was my cue to take her last 3 bananas 🍌 and run them through the blender in the greenhouse. This idea became even better after a handful of mushrooms 🍄. So an update here and I'm going down to hang out along the shoreline the next couple of hours.
I hope you all have a fantastic day.
Peace farmerlion

Latest posts

Latest posts