What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MAKING MARIJUANA GREAT AGAIN

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath... You know, sometimes it's a good idea just to take the day off. I had 4 bags left to go through and break up the soil. Two 35's and two 45's, about did me in! With a half hour break between bags. I started talking to God, hey big guy? If I don't have enough strength to grow cannabis for the people we help, I'm not much good to you.
There is 24 hours in a day, take another break,,,dumb ass!!! So I took another break and called it a day. I will sweep and vacuum tomorrow. I still haven't pulled the seeds out of the refrigerator yet, I'm hoping to get to it yet tonight. The wife got all kinds of energy to do spring cleaning, and somehow the poor misguided soul thinks I got it too.

Honey, I already did a lot of work in one of our houses(greenhouse) lol You can't expect that much out of me, I'll make all the other men look bad, we can't have that now can we?!
20220522_182649.jpg

All the bags are done now, cleaning tomorrow and making the holes for the potting mix. I prefer to have the seedlings 🌱 come up into a very neutral Ph substrate. By the time they grow out of the keg cup sized hole of seedling mix, they are ready to get a little more nutrients in the regular soils.

The only things I use are Leonardite and Sea-90, both are 100% organic natural amendments. Well it's time to start getting seeds ready. I hope you all have a beautiful week.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
A beautiful morning to you all.
I better get this in soon. I just ate 2 fresh Purple Mystic mushrooms 🍄 😋 I still haven't swept in the greenhouse yet, I'll see if I can still operate a broom in an hour???
While watering bags and the single Ogers Kush plant, I noticed something interesting . The 5 nodes of growth under LED's had reached 9 leaf bracts. Nodes 6&7 have reverted back to 7 leaf bracts. The 8th node is just forming, it'll be interesting to see which way it goes. The last two nodes are definitely spread further apart than the first 5 nodes were.

The aroma from this plant is already stating it's Royalty and presence to the world. Here is a few pictures of this stately plant.
20220526_115115.jpg
20220526_115133.jpg
20220526_115904.jpg
20220526_115356.jpg

The third is the seed trays that I'm germinating into and the little sheet that comes with each. I left out 3 strains for now. I placed an extra seed or two in each strain to ensure the number I have planned.

So with this quality of genetics I can't justify intentionally wasting a seed. I have and do cull weaker plants, having an extra one or two to choose from is a benefit. The bottom picture is the Purple Mystics . I will take down the last of them tomorrow. I have two small tubs ready to be integrated into the grow bags as repositories.

I will probably start 4 more all in one grow bags in the morning. I think I will do the Thai strain Pink Buffalo Cubensis. Have a great day my friends and a safe Memorial holiday.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

Memorial day is a time we remember those we have lost. Family members, friends, service men and women that have served our countries. For many of us we also take time to remember wonderful pets that we have been blessed with throughout our lives.
Memorial weekend is a great longer weekend to get out and camp with our children creating new memories and sharing older ones together. This memory renews itself each day. I call it farmerlion 3:16 aka John 3:16

For God so loved farmerlion that he gave his only son, that farmerlion would believe in him and not perish, but have everlasting life.

Everyday I get to look down at the grave I put my wayward ways into be it ( lusts of the flesh, immorality, anger, violence, dishonesty or greed). The man I was is dead and the Holy Spirit of Jesus now lives through me.

I wish you all a beautiful day, take nothing for granted.
Peace farmerlion
20220530_111142.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends, well some changes in genetic plans. Some genetics that I was really looking forward to working with just aren't working out.
The 15 seeds of Mother of Pearl germinated, about half had a very small tap root that detached for whatever reason?
None of the 4 Skunk Dawgs did anything, sadly. Thankfully Nannymouse had 4 Chocolopes and 1 Thai x White Widow. I brought in a White Charas Highland Nepalese x Purpura Regina and a Gdubb x Purpura Regina that I had outside.

Since I was planning on using the Mother of Pearl for the mycelium integration tests. I decided to use some Auto Zamaldelica f1's I made a few years ago.

They should work out very well for this project time wise. They finished up very early the first time I ran them. Seeing how temperature changes affects phenotypic expressions will be interesting to see.
Everything is just seedlings right now, really nothing to show yet. I did bury two 3 lbd bricks of mycelium substrate in my two test bags.

Before I place the germinated seeds into the soil I will make a secondary repository that is vertical. I have two smaller 2 lbd bags of substrate mycelium for them. I will still be able to re inoculate later into the vertical repositories.
I haven't tested any of the Auto Zamaldelica f1's yet so seeing how they express will be exciting.
Peace farmerlion

Nannymouse

We had a poor time starting our veggies indoors, this year. Even the houseplants were looking odd. So, i checked the ph of the city water that we've been hauling in for EVERYTHING, and it was off the chart high ph. Probably close to 10, so out comes the white vinegar to add to water jugs. The wind has taken out most of the first round of maters that were transplanted. We need a sturdy glass 'greenhouse'...of gargantuan size (three gardens). It's just been a rough start for this area, although the rain has been appreciated, after the years of severe drought.

Looking forward to seeing how the FL greenhouse does this year!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Nannymouse, yes you do need a huge greenhouse!!! The nice people at Farmtek will put it up for you and I have a brand new heater from mine sitting in my garage, that I never installed. You can have it for yours and save $?,???get it ordered and have it put up yet this year!!! You go girl....

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A beautiful morning to you all.
I better get this in soon. I just ate 2 fresh Purple Mystic mushrooms 🍄 😋 I still haven't swept in the greenhouse yet, I'll see if I can still operate a broom in an hour???
While watering bags and the single Ogers Kush plant, I noticed something interesting . The 5 nodes of growth under LED's had reached 9 leaf bracts. Nodes 6&7 have reverted back to 7 leaf bracts. The 8th node is just forming, it'll be interesting to see which way it goes. The last two nodes are definitely spread further apart than the first 5 nodes were.

The aroma from this plant is already stating it's Royalty and presence to the world. Here is a few pictures of this stately plant.
View attachment 18715443 View attachment 18715444 View attachment 18715446 View attachment 18715447
The third is the seed trays that I'm germinating into and the little sheet that comes with each. I left out 3 strains for now. I placed an extra seed or two in each strain to ensure the number I have planned.

So with this quality of genetics I can't justify intentionally wasting a seed. I have and do cull weaker plants, having an extra one or two to choose from is a benefit. The bottom picture is the Purple Mystics . I will take down the last of them tomorrow. I have two small tubs ready to be integrated into the grow bags as repositories.

I will probably start 4 more all in one grow bags in the morning. I think I will do the Thai strain Pink Buffalo Cubensis. Have a great day my friends and a safe Memorial holiday.
Peace farmerlion
I’ve seen gnomes like that scurrying about on the ground after ingesting some DMT

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
@Nannymouse , after reading your post on the water Ph I decided to check out the Ph of the water close to my place. It came back at a 6, very happy about that. I have about 25 gallons on hand now that is sitting with the lids off so some chlorine can evaporate off???
I really need to study chlorine, I might be believing stoner logic that it actually evaporates off of open containers? 🤔 I don't know but I will check it out...peace

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
@Nannymouse , after reading your post on the water Ph I decided to check out the Ph of the water close to my place. It came back at a 6, very happy about that. I have about 25 gallons on hand now that is sitting with the lids off so some chlorine can evaporate off???
I really need to study chlorine, I might be believing stoner logic that it actually evaporates off of open containers? 🤔 I don't know but I will check it out...peace
Personally, I fill 50 gallon garbage cans and let them sit in the sun uncovered for 24 hours. Seems to take care of the chlorine or at least you can't smell it like when you are filling the can. Hopefully it works as I am going to be focusing more on the soil microbes this year to start getting as active a soil as I can. Good luck :rasta:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Personally, I fill 50 gallon garbage cans and let them sit in the sun uncovered for 24 hours. Seems to take care of the chlorine or at least you can't smell it like when you are filling the can. Hopefully it works as I am going to be focusing more on the soil microbes this year to start getting as active a soil as I can. Good luck :rasta:
Brother so happy to hear that, you won't be disappointed or even consider growing any other way again.
Blessed growing 🙏
farmerlion

Nannymouse

Chlorine will dissipate just from exposure to the air, but chloramine will not. It needs something organic to 'chew on' until it has used itself up. ....or so i've read. No, this isn't so much a chlorine thing, as it is just a ph thing. (I think) After using city water for a while, i got lax on testing, it was pretty level for such a long time, that i figured that the water people were on the ball.

Could be something else, i sprayed captain jack's dead bug on most everything in the house. Now, i just keep an eye on things, for a while. The stuff outside will have to tough it, had rain forecast, but not much happening in that area.

Nannymouse

Farmerlion, i just don't think a 'normal' greenhouse would handle the wind, here. We saved seven replaced windows, plus, there's a patio door that i've been saving that just has a little crack in corner of one of the two panes. I would like to have something more 'solid' than the normal gh. Maybe even with a foundation. Don't know how wood frame would work...but, if it would last for ten years, that's probably all we have in us for living out here in the boonies...dang, i get so tired of the wind, up here on the hill, with no protection. Yes, there was more tornado activity when i lived farther south, but this place has more of those steady winds with huge gusts, than i've experienced elsewhere. Worse, as the years have gone by, that's the part about climate change that might most affect us, in this area. Don't have to worry about floods, never feel an earthquake, no forests. Hail is a thing, tho...and winter outages. We're about at the age that fighting the elements for our outdoor gardens is getting difficult.

A friend of ours thought that putting a gh up against their house, sheltered in a corner, would work. A month later, it was a tangled mess in a pond, hundreds of feet away from said house.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends, tomorrow should be a productive day. There is 7 of 8 Auto Zamaldelica f1's regs ready to plant in the morning. I'm guessing the 8th could go if needed. One of the CherryBomb seedlings is walking the mile, get strong or get gone... Don't waste your time coaxing weak genetics to a regrettable harvest.

Until you have a full room of strong seedlings, have 5 backup plans ready to implement on a moments notice. Which genetics are going to perform best in the new environmental conditions 🤔 What expressions might I see from a later started auto flowering strain that sees late September to early October?

Originally an early onset of flowering Thai hybrid was planned. Now an early onset of flowering African sativa will be considered with the Ogers Kush, Blueberry x Blue Thai and Blue Thai. The China Yunnan and the Lebanese will be culled if any are males.

I'm now hoping for a high quality Blueberry x Blue Thai male for a donor, but a stellar Chocolope would be just fine.

I did a second round of inoculations into the substrate for the mycelium integration tests. After a couple hours of studying last night, this concept is getting very exciting for me. Time will tell?

Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I am enjoying this thread.
Xet, thank you and @spongegirlz for stopping by.
I'm getting close to where I have something to take pictures of and share observations.
Please stay tuned the trees are coming. The Lebanese genetics of Ace are very impressive with their massive buds. While the Auto Zamaldelica were released as feminized seeds and as beautiful as they were.

I made f1's so I could use them as males in my own breeding projects. I will have 7 or 8 f1's this season. I look forward to seeing how they express themselves.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Good morning my friends!

I completed seeding the grow bags this morning. 8 Auto Zamaldelica were placed in mycelium substrate repositories. 2 of the 8 seeds have large 6"w x 9"l x 3" deep horizontal repositories with larger vertical repositories above 12" deep into the grow bag.

The other 6 bags had my regular feeding diameter repository holes. The true benefit of the Auto Zamaldelica is that dubi has extensive testing results already for this strain. I will only have to test this seasons plants to get accurate results to compare samples.
20220607_081916.jpg
20220607_081905.jpg

Here is pictures of the two larger repositories going through the horizontal repositories. The mycelium used is from Purple Mystics 💜 Psilocybin Cubensis. I happen to like them very much... I have multiple bags of spawn, spawning right now. I will use some of the fruits from each in my regular repositories. Tat Smurf, Amanita Mascaras, Albino Pink Buffalo and Red Spore hybrid.

Here is a newer picture of the Ogers Kush. The leaf bracts are staying at 7 leaves at main nodes and 5 leaves from branch nodes. This plant smells like Led Zeppelin 1 sounds. So old school you just had to be there to get it.

Peace farmerlion
20220607_084431.jpg

Wuachuma

This is a good one.
I cant count how many multi-million dollar farms/companies insist on doing what 3 Little Birds posted on the forums almost two decades ago and then was rewritten into the book 3LBs a light. So many new farms in the Emerald triangle will defoliate on days 1 and 21 of flower while laying down bags of bat guano.
The most successful farms, and best final products, never trimmed, topped, lollipopped, or defoliated.

I personally like to stop feeding around week 4 and then let the plant cannibalize its own leaves for food/resources in the 2nd half of flowering.

Great thread, Im looking forward to catching up on all the pages

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
This is a good one.
I cant count how many multi-million dollar farms/companies insist on doing what 3 Little Birds posted on the forums almost two decades ago and then was rewritten into the book 3LBs a light. So many new farms in the Emerald triangle will defoliate on days 1 and 21 of flower while laying down bags of bat guano.
The most successful farms, and best final products, never trimmed, topped, lollipopped, or defoliated.

I personally like to stop feeding around week 4 and then let the plant cannibalize its own leaves for food/resources in the 2nd half of flowering.

Great thread, Im looking forward to catching up on all the pages
Hey my friend thank you for stopping by. The plant in post 77 up two from yours is proof of my theory, a plant won't grow more leaves than it needs for it's environmental conditions. I'll explain???

When I got this plant from a friend who grows indoors with LED lighting. At the 5th node it had 9 leaf bracts of leaf growth. I brought the plant out to my greenhouse and it got natural sunlight and it reverted back to 7 leaf bracts with secondary nodes on branches that have 5 leaf bracts. This proves that a plant will only grow the amount of leaves it needs for its environmental conditions.

Yes there can be the stray exception, last season I had a Grape Highland Nepalese from Vermontman of Green Mountain Seeds that threw one bract with 21 leaves on it.
20220101_120645.jpg
like Nannymouse says if you don't have photos it didn't happen. When I pressed the l pressed the leaves they became brittle so I laminated them, but didn't have a quality laminate. The balance of the leaf bracts on this plant were 11 and 13 leaf bracts. In the tests I have done with defoliating plants there was never more than a 3 gram difference on the entire plant. Not to mention the stunted growth and the extra fiber producing hormones that produce less cannabinoids than normal unhindered growth does. Plants know more about growing than we ever will.
Peace farmerlion
20220101_120719.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts