What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maine's medical scene

mdanforth

the guy in gouldsboro was on federal probation, so no warrant would be needed for the feds to come see if he was following release conditions....one of which would be to not to be in possession of a federally illegal drug......like it or not the feds don't have to play by state rules......

TACOE

Came across a few new breeds in our travels
blueberry kush
money maker/mm
ak-47
Seems like everyones starting thier own stable :).Ill be back with more breeds from the road...E/C out

Wish I ran into those up here. Smokin on mersh till harvest or the fests.. 2 months :(

*anxiously awaiting festival season.

Has anyone managed to score LEGIT cuts at the fests?

E

emerald city

Wish I ran into those up here. Smokin on mersh till harvest or the fests.. 2 months :(

*anxiously awaiting festival season.

Has anyone managed to score LEGIT cuts at the fests?
Where yah from bud ?? It's REAL hard if your not from the area to get in with those who are...Basicly nobody talks with anyone if they aint known em since highschool...Even the newly emerging legal medical marijuana sceene is having a hard time making contact or agreements with the olde school underground folks who have sway over local breeds and distibution paths.....:ying:
If your a legit mmj patient, im sure someone in your local area would gladly help you find the resources you need to help you find your peace :).Good luck.........E/C

question! My wife goes to get her mmj next month! Do I have to pay caregiver fees to grow for her? Or can we both take care of the garden an not pay the fee! Was thinking of picking up a few paitents but having second thoughts!

mdanforth

well by law in order to work with her plants you'd hafta register. You can be her caregiver and not pay a fee if she is listed as growing her own.

TACOE

FINALLY sourced rice hulls, and calcined DE today (had to go up to bangor) and spent a good 6 hours mixing soil. It was a beautiful day after the rain let up. also got my sour bubble seeds.. took 1 week from the boo.

Question for my fellow organic heads up here: Who got pallets of peat moss (premiere, progro etc. - not that woody trash you see everywhere) delivered on the cheap? Viking has Premiere.. 20 bales on the pallet for about 180 before tax, but with free shipping.
Might as well buy em 1 at a time there @ 8.99 a pop.. no deal there.

Where yah from bud ?? It's REAL hard if your not from the area to get in with those who are...Basicly nobody talks with anyone if they aint known em since highschool...Even the newly emerging legal medical marijuana sceene is having a hard time making contact or agreements with the olde school underground folks who have sway over local breeds and distibution paths.....:ying:
If your a legit mmj patient, im sure someone in your local area would gladly help you find the resources you need to help you find your peace :).Good luck.........E/C

Midcoaster here. Been up here for bout 2 yrs. I dig the state, but your 100%... connections have been damn near impossible to make, 'specially since I'm not trynna attract unnecessary attention. Shit... only connect i got is for the mersh (once in a blue he gets some headies). I had never been forced to smoke brick weed till i came up here haha.
sucks, but only a month or so till harry's, then i can stock up on some fire to hold me off till the M#1 comes down :D

Anyway. Don't laugh..
Summer '10 - copped some strawberry diesel cuts - turned out decent.. but it certainly was nothing crazy.
-copped some C99 seeds that turned out TRASH

No more seeds/cuts from harry's for me - i'll just stick with the 50$ slices :(

well by law in order to work with her plants you'd hafta register. You can be her caregiver and not pay a fee if she is listed as growing her own.

well she plans to reg to grow her own.

tacoe I've only been here for 5 years but wife is from here an still had a hardtime! Lucky I had my own beans an a few connections here! Youll be happy with the sour bubbles! Just be patience!

Tatt2U

Hello all,

I just found this topic after being here for a while, thought Id introduce myself to everyone. :tiphat:

I'm in far southern Maine, been at growing on and off for 20 years or so. After the MMJ laws got expanded, like a lot of people I thought Id stay away from the system.

However the wife stepped in and demanded I become legal so Ive been in the process of trying to do just that for a little while.
I was going to be a patient of the doctor mentioned earlier (i wont post the name, most of us have heard by now), my appointment was the day after the doctors policy changed regarding MMJ referrals. So I will now be calling Dr. Sulak when he starts taking patients again next month.

Ive also been trying to find a patient over the last 2 months, I just found 1 and think I might have a second patient as well now. :dance013:

If thats the case I plan on staying with the 2 patients just to avoid having any possible DHS inspection and all that jazz. I like my privacy .

As soon as I get the card and am completely legal Im looking forward to be able to trade cuts w/ any other licensed caregivers......currently running Pure AK, Hashplant, Bubblegummer, Power Kush, Sour Diesel w/ a few more on deck

welcome aboard Tatt2u! How is the power kush? I just recevied some sour bubble x power kush, sour bubble x super silver haze! Want to fire some up but I kinda have enough goin at the moment!

mdanforth

being inspected by DHHS is a very remote possiblity, with only 2 people working for DHHS and there being 8 dispensaries and 500+ caregivers, the last thing I'd worry about is a call from DHHS.....

E

emerald city

hey EC, whats that maine red bud like?
Its an olde school cross thats found in local circles around western/central Maine...The building blocks were brought back from over sea's by vets after the war[indica],early 70ies,then that dna was mingled with some stateva-y red/orange stuff brought back via cali...Then that mess was played with for years...What ive come to know as 'Maine' Red bud was given to our circle almost 15 years ago as a clone only breed...
Hardy,disease/bug resistant,tollerant to cooler temps..Does finish up outdoors but shines as an indoor crop...Clones easy,x3 streach when put into flower,average yeilds,bud size resembles golf balls or 1 lrge top.[ distinctly ] Red colored,punjent smell.High is quite stong and doest platoue.The more you smoke the higher you get..No tollerance build up after YEARS of daily indulgence...Takes 9/10 weeks to finish to get buds rock hard/soild red nugs....
Usualy can only be found in VERY limited ammounts around the city[portland] occasionally some slips out :blowbubbles: to some of the bigger shows or fests :dance013:
By far,mostly smoked by old vets who got thier med cards now and only want to be left alone.

Long story for a short question,hope this helps..E/C out

Yggdrasil

aint it the truth :(

self

Hey, just wanted to check in here.
Gotta love maine, gotta love growing legal cannabis!
I've got my paperwork in for one patient already, and hope to send in a second patient's paperwork on monday. I've been growing outdoor guerilla style in swamps for some years, but now i've got a perpetuel set up indoors too. i grow all-organic, with recycled soil, fermented plant extracts, homemade EM, bokashi worm castings, and of course ACT. I'm all about being self sufficient and trying to create closed systems, or at least using the very least store bought stuff.
I'll be starting a grow journal soon, once things are a little more ironed out.
I'm running mandala #1, white widow, afghan kush, and a few versions of a short season sweet thai i've been working on. On deck I've got kandy kush, burmese kush, more mandala, purple widow, and more swamp orgy hyrids.
I joined MMCM a few months ago and they've been great about informing me on the issues and hooking me up with patients.
Here's to Maine and medical Cannabis!
~self

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
so are you guys able to "trade" scripts?? basically here in cali there is no database where patients scrips are, so one persons script can be placed in 100 gardens if need be.....did maine set up some database system where you the script has to be at a certain grow, etc....

Latest posts

Latest posts