What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maine's medical scene

mdanforth

right now we have to register with the state, so yes there is a data base....however if LD 1296 becomes law as expected, registration will be voluntary.....

mdanforth

it came out of committee with a unanimous "ought to pass" recommendation......it has the governors support as well, reportedly......

E

emerald city

The state of Maines govenment has been run bass-ackwards for so long its who's quess as to how it will all sift out in the end.
Rumors/reports are saying the feds want input before final enactmentment of L/D 1296 even tho its a go on the state level,even the govenor is said to be on board.....Guess we wait and see what the feds have to say.
So far this week it looks like i might NOT have to renew or register with the states MMJ program,on the other side im 1 of the 30k Mainers who lose thier health insurance with the swipe of a pen.........Another beautiful day in paradise .
Boy do i feal a political rant coming on.......ooommmmmm:ying:

KONY

Veteran
Even with LD 1296 you will still have to register in order to be a caregiver for non-relatives. bah...

I was just reading the actual wording of the amendment, it says patients will be able to possess 10 oz instead of 2.5. That's awesome and definitely a step in right direction.

edit:

further reading... outside cultivation too aslong as the fence is locked? as of right now its definetly a grey area about outside cultivation....
Yah i dont really see anything wrong with this bill, its not perfect but damn good.

I was just reading the actual wording of the amendment, it says patients will be able to possess 10 oz instead of 2.5. That's awesome and definitely a step in right direction.

edit:

further reading... outside cultivation too aslong as the fence is locked? as of right now its definetly a grey area about outside cultivation....
Yah i dont really see anything wrong with this bill, its not perfect but damn good.

It's definitely a step in the right direction.

I read here: http://www.kjonline.com/news/proposal-would-end-registry-for-medical-marijuana-users_2011-05-13.html

"Caregivers who grow medical marijuana for members of their families or households would no longer be required to register, under the bill. But caregivers who grow marijuana for patients who are not related to them would still have to register and pay the existing $300-a-year fee."

But then when I read about it here:
http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/bills/bills_125th/billtexts/HP095101.asp

I cant find any mention of having to register if your patients are not related to you. Can someone else find it?

The bill is really cool overall. It would allow a husband wife caregiver team to sit on over 4 pounds at any given time! :greenstars:

E

emerald city

But then when I read about it here:
http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/bills/bills_125th/billtexts/HP095101.asp

I cant find any mention of having to register if your patients are not related to you. Can someone else find it?

The bill is really cool overall. It would allow a husband wife caregiver team to sit on over 4 pounds at any given time! :greenstars:
Looks like were heading in the right direction as long as the feds dont try to change the playing feild in the middle of the game...Im hopeing their JUST watching how Maine laws sift out compared to cali or colorado..If we do it right our mmj laws may be the model that all other states will adopt.As Maine goes -so goes the nation type slogan.
superm- Not positive about your question but i think for now, non related patients would still need to have a registered caregiver...
Anyone know when/if this bill becomes law???

KONY

Veteran
The state of Maines govenment has been run bass-ackwards for so long its who's quess as to how it will all sift out in the end.
Rumors/reports are saying the feds want input before final enactmentment of L/D 1296 even tho its a go on the state level,even the govenor is said to be on board.....Guess we wait and see what the feds have to say.
So far this week it looks like i might NOT have to renew or register with the states MMJ program,on the other side im 1 of the 30k Mainers who lose thier health insurance with the swipe of a pen.........Another beautiful day in paradise .
Boy do i feal a political rant coming on.......ooommmmmm
ying.gif

The feds got back to the committee, heres is some of what was said.... i posted link to the actual letter below:

According to Delahanty's letter, "while the department does not focus its limited resources on seriously ill individuals who use marijuana as part of a medically recommended treatment regimen in compliance with state law ... we will enforce the (Controlled Substances Act) vigorously against individuals and organizations that participate in unlawful manufacturing and distribution activity involving marijuana, even if such activities are permitted under state law."

http://www.kjonline.com/news/Maines-US-Attorney-voices-medical-marijuana-concerns-.html?

http://media.kjonline.com/documents/us_attorney_marijuana_letter.pdf

G

Guest3498

I've got a quick question, hoping someone could help me out. I know that RI does not approve cards for people with mental disorders (PDST, ADHD, ADD, etc.). Is this also the case in Maine? Thanks guys and gals.

:tiphat:

self

Got my card!
and the new legislation is pretty awesome, imho.
I especially like the little bit in which caregivers can sell excess product to dispensaries...anyone else catch that?
F-yeah.
have a good one.

C

chefro420

Got my card!
and the new legislation is pretty awesome, imho.
I especially like the little bit in which caregivers can sell excess product to dispensaries...anyone else catch that?
F-yeah.
have a good one.

DId that pass yet?

E

emerald city

DId that pass yet?
I use this site to get the latest up to date info"mainemedicalmarijuana.org/"
Info is usualy posted within the day of the story breaking..
sO Far i dont believe the ammended bill has been passed or signed into law......And we wait :dance013:

KONY

Veteran
next week there is a meeting to review the amended language, then it goes back to house n senate again before it goes to lepage.