What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maine's medical scene

H

highsteppa

Hey friends, hearing that people who sent in their note right before the deadline are already getting their cards in the mail.....much faster than I anticipated. Enjoy they snow everyone, I hope to do a little skiing out on the snowmachine trail; smoke some sativa, get out of the house and get the heart pumpin! :)

E

emerald city

Hey friends, hearing that people who sent in their note right before the deadline are already getting their cards in the mail.....much faster than I anticipated. Enjoy they snow everyone, I hope to do a little skiing out on the snowmachine trail; smoke some sativa, get out of the house and get the heart pumpin! :)
I read something the other day saying,at this point in time DHHS has registered aprox 400 folks and had a back log of about 1000 more to get to..Yes they are preceading much faster then when the program started...It takes about 10 days from when they recieve the application to verify infomation.....Interesting note,tho 2-3 doctors have written the highest % of the recommendations,there were 60 differant doctors who had signed the nessecerary paperwork for thier patients....So far aprox half of the folks signed up have choosen to grow thier own...
As for the snow,just got back from a supply run..Can you say white out conditions....I gots a nice jeep with new snows on her and still had some problems when hitting those unseen drifts..Cant see a teliphone pole ahead,less at times...Good day to stay home and get baked :dance013: drive safe kids.
E/C out

Last edited:
Just qualified with three conditions, only one of which I will say was Acid reflux disease (stomach) Hospitalized for ten days with bad ulcers may have qualified that one.

Cameltom

so i have been reading this for a couple days now and i know i can be elligable for a MMC... im 26 and i hurt my back at work a couple years ago and when to physical therapy and stopped because workmans comp... and i like my boss (long story)
any way my back wakes me up like 3 times a night
so i was wondering if someone here could help me out a bit
do i have to get a referral from my doc. to go see Dr.S?
or do i call his office right up and make an appointment
i dont really want to ask my normal doc but if i have to i will
thanks guys

Bluebud

I thought I was the only one in Maine that grew the Shnazzleberry. Thats so awesome to see other people with it. I actually just ordered another pack of Shnazz and some Mental Floss.

Does anybody know the genetics for MOB? I love that strain.

My girlfriend has had arthritis for 11 years now and also has Chrones disease. She cant find a doctor that is willing to write a script because they all fear the federal government and dont want to lose their jobs or practices.

If you choose to grow your own can you purchase clones from the dispenceries?

E

emerald city

so i was wondering if someone here could help me out a bit
do i have to get a referral from my doc. to go see Dr.S?
or do i call his office right up and make an appointment
i dont really want to ask my normal doc but if i have to i will
thanks guys
You can approach the situation either way.
My primary care doc is cool with the idea of MMJ but wouldnt/couldnt sign off on the paperwork so I went the referral route....You can call Dr S's office personally to get an appointment if you so choose..He isnt the only doc willing to make the recommedation but certainly is geting to be the most well known..The waiting list is usualy quite long fyi..
Hope this helps..E/C :tiphat:

E

emerald city

My girlfriend has had arthritis for 11 years now and also has Chrones disease. She cant find a doctor that is willing to write a script because they all fear the federal government and dont want to lose their jobs or practices.

If you choose to grow your own can you purchase clones from the dispenceries?
I hate to be the one to drop names,so,if you do a seach of pro mmj doctors in the state of Maine a couple will sift to the top....Or..try useing a doctor who has a private practice and not atached to a large federally funded medical group...ie;mercy hospital,cmmc etc...There are many doctors who are willing to help its just a matter finding one..Shame they dont advertize...do a litle search,you will find 1..good luck..
For your 2nd question...far as i know dispensaries wont be selling clones...But...patients can trade amongst themselfs...E/C

E

emerald city

Anyone entering the asa medical cup???:ying:
Still cant decide if i want to come out in the lite of day or not....I enjoy my privacy,on the other hand, i got a Z saved of some fine "ecsd" that i wouldnt be ashamed of being seen with...My ole lady is one of the people who helped with the seed money to get that show up a rolling ,so we might just attend...:ying: I do hope lots of folks show up and have a grand time.

H

HenriettaHippo

yOOO... wow a thread about Maine and such. I do not see myself going to said event this spring, I just see it as a place where the PO-PO can take names and plate #'s.

I hear a rumor that the MDEA is harassing caregivers and letting the courts sort it out. A lot of good that does after they tear you down.

Like EmeraldCity said, something about the light of say that scares me. I have also been told that dispensaries (or some of them) will ion fact be selling clones to self cultivating registered patients as well as various equipment and supplies. There will be an area in said dispensary that will accomodate other classes of patients: This is now a big money business, groups like NPG will be out to maximize their non-profit profits.

E

emerald city

yOOO... wow a thread about Maine and such. I do not see myself going to said event this spring, I just see it as a place where the PO-PO can take names and plate #'s.

I hear a rumor that the MDEA is harassing caregivers and letting the courts sort it out. A lot of good that does after they tear you down.

Like EmeraldCity said, something about the light of say that scares me. I have also been told that dispensaries (or some of them) will ion fact be selling clones to self cultivating registered patients as well as various equipment and supplies. There will be an area in said dispensary that will accomodate other classes of patients: This is now a big money business, groups like NPG will be out to maximize their non-profit profits.
G-morning HH;
Glad to see you found us.....
The is the first ive heard of dispensaries being able to sell cutting to patients.....I would be very pleased if someone/company etc came up with a legal way for us patients to have access to a variety of cutings on a regular basis.:ying:
Thanks for the info....E/C out

H

HenriettaHippo

I do not know this for a fact, it is just the scuttlebutt going around the campfire this week.

Yeah we were looking forward to this event until our attorney recommended against it at this time. He's always been right, besides I know one individual of which is attending and he's pretty friendly with the popo so......not going.

E

emerald city

Heads up

Heads up

Just read of case[bangor daily news 1/18/2011] where a medical MJ patient was raided[last march] because of pictures he posted on the social forum facebook.The pictures were of his doctors recommedation and a few marijuana plants....,friend of a friend saw the pix it says]A [??]florida police officer noticed the illegal plants and contacted the local Maine police with the damming evidense.....
Lesson learned,I guess pictures on facebook are enough proof to get a search warrent??This cant be true...With photo shop,how can one tell whats real from whats not....
I hope this is not a sign of things to come...Dont think ill be buying that camera any time soon.....
A vwery dejected peace/out :petting:

M

Mr.Howie

Just read of case[bangor daily news 1/18/2011] where a medical MJ patient was raided[last march] because of pictures he posted on the social forum facebook.The pictures were of his doctors recommedation and a few marijuana plants....,friend of a friend saw the pix it says]A [??]florida police officer noticed the illegal plants and contacted the local Maine police with the damming evidense.....
Lesson learned,I guess pictures on facebook are enough proof to get a search warrent??This cant be true...With photo shop,how can one tell whats real from whats not....
I hope this is not a sign of things to come...Dont think ill be buying that camera any time soon.....
A vwery dejected peace/out :petting:

Did you hear about the outcome of this raid? Did his medical defense stand up in court? Anyone no what became of this?

H

HenriettaHippo

M

Mr.Howie

Yeah I saw those videos too...thanks for posting the links. I thought there was a Jan 18 court date but can't seem to find out what happened that day.

I'm thinking there is no doubt he will have the charges dropped, I'm actually hoping that he pursues pressing charges for his lost equipment/plants. This case has so much publicity that if he knocks them dead and sues for damages that could set the stage for what will happen to the LEO's that raid paitients/caregivers. I'm glad he is legit and has proper paper work, and that he isn't a pussy. Meaning he is willing to fight these fuckers!

H

HenriettaHippo

I am not 100% sure what month it is, I am sure we will hear about it

The story mentions he was one plant over the legal limit. Perhaps this will be thew case that helps define what a "marijuana plant" actually is and how the law will be translated. If you read the below section of Maine State law it is pretty clear what exactly what a Marijuana Plant is. If I translated this law literally I would only have one actual "marijuana plant" in my possession as a "self cultivating" patient
[FONT=&quot]1.17 Marijuana plant.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Marijuana plant means a harvestable female marijuana plant that is flowering and is greater than twelve inches in height and twelve inches in diameter[/FONT]

I think the Honorable Judge Nivison is aware of the importance of his translation of the law. it could potentially be a benchmark for future translations.
The arguments heard Tuesday centered on whether the court would grant Fowler a hearing on the validity of the search warrant, which Davis asked the court to deny. Superior Court Justice John Nivison, who presided over Thursday’s arguments, said he would present his findings in writing but didn’t indicate a timeline.

Amber Trich

I feel like that guy is an outspoken activist and was pretty much trying to get caught to make a point. Good for him, I wouldnt worry about it. Hope all goes well in court.. I doubt he'd get in much trouble anyway.

Heres the flyer for the med expo..
picture.php