What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magic Mushroom Grow Kit?

BudToaster

Veteran
@Loc Dog thank-you for that reference. the costa rican is for spouse to try. in my mind, anything to get her off meds. thanks for the info about light. this is a small LED from midwest grow - some gear i got several years ago when i started down this path.

i mentioned this strain to spouse and said i was going to wait for more about it to appear in my stream, and here it is. epic.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
i agree. i skipped ahead and he eventually gives a thumbs up review of costa rican strain being super duper for depression. i can't find that strain in my normal sources. my bins are busy for a while but may get his gear after that.

finally switched my two bins to fruiting - dome lid, more fresh air, LED above. waiting for pins.

I have leads on Costa Rican if you'd like...

BudToaster

Veteran
my two bins been slow-ish. put them into fruiting mode and ... nothing. switched back to colonizing mode and within 3 days there were pins up about 1/2" ... so back to fruiting mode.

hfm

Here's a few,
#1 Psilocybe allenii-sterile,naturalizing in missouri
#2 Gymnopilus sp.
#3 Psilocybe cubensis var.memphis
#4 Panaeolus cinctulus

How many of you know how to work with agar?
1000009034.jpg
1000009036.jpg
1000009038.jpg
1000009039.jpg

BudToaster

Veteran
and now, third day of picking fruit. each bin is giving 8 to 12 shrooms per day.

opening the bins 4+ times a day for fresh air exchange. spritzing the substrate surface with water spray if it looks dry.

physically, the amazon and nepal look the same.

getting my drying box set up - recharging the desiccant packs in the oven 30 minutes per side at 225°F

oldmaninbc

Years ago when I lived on the coast of British Columbia I picked liberty caps (Psilocybe semilanceata). That's when I learnt not to urinate on an electric fence. Barnston Island was my favorite place to pick.

hfm

my 2nd flush is going much better - I turned the cake upside down and soaked it for 24 hours in the fridge, then drained and turned it right side up again

View attachment 18989302
Nice mush! You dont need to flip the sub to rehydrate.If your surface conditions get dry and matted,Aerial myc that mats down and prevents knots and pins from forming.Or if the surface gets big chunks pulled during harvest,after putting substrate back you can flip and hydrate for a faster flush,but leave it flipped for the flush.Then the underside will grow back together and if the top gets beat up you can flip and the underside will knot up just fine when exposed to fruiting conditions again.Great job though ;)

BudToaster

Veteran
my first flush was pretty puny compared to my previous golden teacher. in any event, covered bins for recolonization with a lot of spraying. after several days pins appeared. covered for fruiting with fresh air exchange. spray the mycelium surface whenever the last spraying has been absorbed.

second flush started yesterday with 2 amazon and 1 nepal. several more today of each. i am keeping the surface moist/damp. opening the cover for several minutes 4x per day.

Latest posts

Latest posts