What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magic Mushroom Grow Kit?

oldfogey8

I'm still looking for mushrooms. Just needed an 1/8 th. Going on few years. 👀
Edit: they just announced on the news there's going to be a psychedelic mushroom question on the ballot here in Massachusetts
It took 2+ years after we approved weed here for the CCC to finally let dispensaries open. I imagine it will take at least that long and that is if it gets the votes. Bureaucracy is the enemy of democracy…

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
It took 2+ years after we approved weed here for the CCC to finally let dispensaries open. I imagine it will take at least that long and that is if it gets the votes. Bureaucracy is the enemy of democracy…
Why they should allow growing, instead of only corporate growers. A lot of places they are not legalizing because it is the right thing to do, but rich gobshites wanting to monopolize and get richer. In NJ they only had a handful of licenses to grow which cost hundreds of thousands, and most likely given to those with the biggest bribes of politicians.

oldfogey8

Why they should allow growing, instead of only corporate growers. A lot of places they are not legalizing because it is the right thing to do, but rich gobshites wanting to monopolize and get richer. In NJ they only had a handful of licenses to grow which cost hundreds of thousands, and most likely given to those with the biggest bribes of politicians.
Yep. Looked into getting in on the green wave. I was priced out by fees and regulations. I can grow 12 plants for my household. Better than it was before since I won’t get thrown in jail now but big $ investors/corps swooped in. Fkrs…

sajesak

thanks for the reference about midwestgrowkits!!! have started a study of mycology - just to look at the spores with a microscope, of course. lol.

good Tim Ferris interviews on YouTube with Michael Pollen and another with Paul Stamets, both in 2018.

buying spores in 10cc syringe (uh, i mean "t-shirts") felt kind of sketchy, but showed up and appear to be potent. rye berry jars and manure substrate from Prime. looking to "study" Golden Teacher, B+, Z, and Blue Meanie stains (sounds like the random names of herb at the local dispensary).

so far no contamination, which appears to be the biggest concern until the mycelium is developed and can resist it. i don't know about the Uncle Ben's riceand buy magic mushrooms canada ... how do you sterilize it?

a new adventure in my early 70s.
i am just wondering who has ordered them and do they come discretely packed...and what are good sites to look at getting one.

BudToaster

Veteran
i have ordered several times. time before last the 2 syringes were seized by customs. last time they made it through with a label on the syringe that said for "microscopy use". probably coincidental.

however, the last 3 times i have tried syringes they just have not worked. same rye berry jars, same technique, no mycelium.

i found the site, which i don't particularly recommend, via google search. one can order shrooms from california.

Loc Dog

Veteran
A lot are selling illegally on instagram and discord. No problem getting legally in USA. Sporeworks or spores101 have been in business for decades, are cheap, clean syringes, but older strains. Others in legal states are selling liquid cultures of the newest, and isolated (like buying elite clones) that are massive producers.

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
Sounds like Illinois. They got a big Grow site near where i lived. its all closed off with Barb wire fences.Looks like a small prison

Loc Dog

Veteran
Sounds like Illinois. They got a big Grow site near where i lived. its all closed off with Barb wire fences.Looks like a small prison
Country has gone straight down since I was born. Rich gobshites buying off politicians to screw the people. Cannabis is the new cure all, opium is in every pain killer, mushrooms, dmt, and lsd are the cure for depression, anxiety, and other mental issues. Schedule one was a lie, and those that ruined millions lives deserve to rot in hell.

shithawk420

Veteran
Country has gone straight down since I was born. Rich gobshites buying off politicians to screw the people. Cannabis is the new cure all, opium is in every pain killer, mushrooms, dmt, and lsd are the cure for depression, anxiety, and other mental issues. Schedule one was a lie, and those that ruined millions lives deserve to rot in hell.
Cant deny all that. I wont do DMT though. Thats a door i dont wanna open. I did Salvia once and it scared the shit out of me.I swear i was in another realm.scary stuff

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Cant deny all that. I wont do DMT though. Thats a door i dont wanna open. I did Salvia once and it scared the shit out of me.I swear i was in another realm.scary stuff
Salvia, as interesting as it is, is not very enjoyable. Kinda like getting your head whacked by a psychedelic shovel.

DmT on the other hand is very enjoyable. Still not something to use lightly. But it is very welcoming and has a feeling of this place has been here forever/computer simulation type feel.

shithawk420

Veteran
Salvia, as interesting as it is, is not very enjoyable. Kinda like getting your head whacked by a psychedelic shovel.

DmT on the other hand is very enjoyable. Still not something to use lightly. But it is very welcoming and has a feeling of this place has been here forever/computer simulation type feel.
And thats exactly why i dont want to do it. Did you know all living things produce DMT? Even grass

SubGirl

420club
i have ordered several times. time before last the 2 syringes were seized by customs. last time they made it through with a label on the syringe that said for "microscopy use". probably coincidental.

however, the last 3 times i have tried syringes they just have not worked. same rye berry jars, same technique, no mycelium.

i found the site, which i don't particularly recommend, via google search. one can order shrooms from california.
I found really good luck with thickspores.com. I put them in these ryeberry bags. These are about ready for substrate
IMG_9346.jpeg

BudToaster

Veteran
@SubGirl - great reference. learned about liquid culture with mycelium instead of spores. there was one sentence in the description that may explain my last several failures: "spores are fragile". me, thinking they were so small they could not be damaged by shaking the syringe, i think was wrong think.

anyway, new syringes arrived and i am waiting for some more rye berry jars.

thank-you.

SubGirl

420club
@SubGirl thank-you again for that reference. i am finally having success with surprising amount of mycelium in the jars after only 7 days.
Congratulations. I’m not having as good of luck this round. My tank just started pinning I was so excited to see it and is now infected with Trichoderma mould (not good after waiting so long…). I have little shrooms coming up but also this green ugly stuff which grows very fast. I sprayed the areas with alcohol and dug it out but it must be in the whole tank as it continues to grow. I will be lucky to get anything out of it but I’m gonna order more LC and start again. I think it either has to do with using a heat mat under the tank with about an inch of space between that and the tank when I was trying to get my temps up a bit for them Or maybe moving the tank too close to the smoke area where it is a little warmer than the rest of the house.
‘anyway…we learn as we grow right?” I’m so glad tho that yours are growing well so far. Do you plan to put them in a container? i have had good luck with the BODs easy AF tek
some ugly pics of my tank…
IMG_9400.jpeg

IMG_9401.jpeg

IMG_9402.jpeg

IMG_9403.jpeg