What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MadMac's haze and haze hybrid's grow & show

@funkyhorse congratulations harvesting that thin one. Should be something you enjoy.

I was wondering what you meant when you said that you can wash a plant out after harvest and clean off the bugs. How do you do that? I did something like that once and I basically poisoned myself when I smoked it. I ruined a whole plant at the very end. Live and learn.

Also was curious what schiken is?

Take care.

funkyhorse

Hi there DT
i think food is a special experience, same as smoking weed
Some things sound better or more delicious in other languages, at least for me
800px-Schinken-gekocht.jpg
I meant exactly and literally that
I pick a high pressure hose and splash the fuck out of the plants. If a trichome or two get lost in the way, I dont really bother running after it. But all bugs get out of my weed.
I tried another method which involves buckets, lemon, sodium bicarbonate and peroxide water. Man, I am lazy. I have the same results with the high pressure hose without so much work. All outdoor weed here get bugs, it is Bugland here
Depending on how bad the plant is attacked, it depends on how many times the splashing is needed. Usually twice is enough for the worst plants. Twice means two consecutive days. After first splashing and 24 hour hanging outdoors I check the next day and after second time usually everything is gone and they go in for drying

Montuno

...como el Son...
A few may yield both quality and quantity....Seems like the Honduras Hazes

And the King Congo Montuno grows has it....monster sativa plants

Its in the grower and little bit selected genetics bring out the best

There's a thread around here about the Honduras Hazes :tree:

That purple haze/honduras thread blew my mind!

Please allow me some comment regarding King Congo, so there is no possible confusion: it is not a "monster sativa" at all; on the contrary, it is an attempt to adapt another more "extremely sativa" variety to indoor cultivation, such as Old Congo (Congo Point Noire x OldTimer's Haze green light cut). I know that the "pheno CPN" that I showed last year could look like the Kraken as the Patrón baptized it, but even so, the "domestication" with respect to the her "larger half-sister" Old Congo can be observed, seeing the Old Congo monsters that our friend @jmlt1989 in Uruguay brings out :
"
Aparte de atarlas y doblarlas hago super cropping prácticamente todo el tiempo según las ramas que quiera tener y a donde quiera dirigirlas, hasta el estirón de flora.

Siempre utilice la misma manera de atar y quebrar tallos con sativas en interior y exterior.

Congo PN x OTH (Old Congo) año 2015-2016 en mismo spot.

850F8054-B39D-4AAF-B790-CDEA79B5C50C.jpeg

View attachment 17851463

DA12FE00-CC07-4B09-8A8F-51AE0B504178.jpeg

View attachment 17851461 "

In addition, from my experience, the "CPN" pheno is a minority compared to those that tend more to the South African Ciskei (which for me are the ones with the highest psychoactive quality, even euphoric, although less powerful). The fact, in addition to being a cross with a subtropical South African high altitude sativa and much worked on by breeders such as Ciskei, makes it unfair to compare the great production of King Congo with MadMac's O.Haze x CG'72, where the two parents do they are "extreme" tropical/equatorial sativas.

I don't like to sidetrack other people's threads like this, and if my experience hadn't been discussed, I wouldn't have done it...but I had a very unpleasant surprise with funkyhorse in another thread, and I don't like anyone calling me out or accusing me (besides much more impertinent and daring things) of being responsible for the varieties that someone else chooses to grow, based on my messages in ICMAG. And so that no one can accuse me again that the judgments I make about my plants are self-serving lies where I pass off shitty seeds and plants for good sativas in exchange for companies giving me more of these shitty seeds to continue with. growing and smoking more crap plants all my life, I allow myself to counteract my excellent opinion about this variety, with that of funkyhorse, which is the one that I have exposed somewhat less rudely above. Likewise, the photos of Old Congo that funky publishes have nothing to do with the Old Congo of jmlt1989... not even with the "Ciskey's more tame phenos" of my King Congo. All of you have been warned about it.

I also warn you: my possible future positive opinions (I have already said a present one: great vigor as a seedling) about MadMac's plants may be contaminated by the promise of bring me as a gift from one of his trips to Morocco, a beautiful dedicated photo of Mohamed VI...(don't even think about it, MadMac...)

And to conclude with a musical interlude to liven up the atmosphere, and link it with the North African adventures of MadMac (thank you very much for the beautiful photos of Moroccan popular architecture, in many cases heir to and based on the one that surrounds me, other times it is backwards), here I leave you this happy melody whose video is set in the Spanish North African autonomous cities, and in neighboring Morocco...

Last edited:

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
I love watching what you guys do don’t get me wrong and we’re different because you are growing for your head and I am going for profit and I hope nobody hates me for that but it’s a business that I’ve been in for 25 years more or less for better or worse
My whole smoking attitude changed a bunch when I retired. No more trying to do what you'd really like to smoke on the side in a closet stash grow while every square inch you got otherwise is keeping you going. I have a lot less energy these days but I put it all into my stash. I hope you reach retirement and can appreciate that headspace at some point FP, it's been great for me, like being a kid again.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My whole smoking attitude changed a bunch when I retired. No more trying to do what you'd really like to smoke on the side in a closet stash grow while every square inch you got otherwise is keeping you going. I have a lot less energy these days but I put it all into my stash. I hope you reach retirement and can appreciate that headspace at some point FP, it's been great for me, like being a kid again.
Wow it’s a matter fact I’m 61 and already kind of burnt out about it …from a commercial standpoint I really missed the boat all those years when I was knocked out of the game …those years were some of the most profitable years for many people …and now with legalization here there are growers all over the place & licensed growers that are gonna be able to mass produce sell it for less on the market…Truly believe my days are numbered doing what I do because prices will only go down and I’m already at the break even point .. I think for me to get legally licensed is a pipe dream by the time they make it available …Right now the state only offered conditional license to the pre-existing hemp farmers and it was considerable amount of them.. probably another year before they lay out the legislation for everybody else by then I don’t think I have the wherewithal to get into it .. The good news is I do have a farm which has all the potential in the world but I can’t do it alone and I can’t do it illegally

Montuno

...como el Son...
By the way, and in line with the trips to Morocco, warn all of you who are going there these days by land vehicle and not by plane, to inform yourself beforehand about the state of the land border between the North African Spanish cities and Morocco. Like these past years, both because of the Covid itself and to pressure/protest against the transfer and attention of the highest military authority of the Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic (occupied in more than 2/3 by Morocco) in Spain as if he were a high Spanish military command, Morocco closed the land borders with Spain, all Moroccans and part of Western Algerians have not been able to return to their country to spend their vacations for several years, and now that they can, the crowds are massive; not for lack of infrastructure, but because Morocco is very demanding with the documentation related to Covid.

The passage from Melilla to eastern Morocco and western Algeria is clearer; but from Ceuta to central and western Morocco, the average waits have reached more than 7 hours (up to 10). Add 5 hours more of waiting time to cross from Algeciras (Europe) to Ceuta (Africa), before.
Under the Sun, it is a torture:

Last edited:

olday

Veteran
As far as yield goes, here is a Bandaid Haze #7, huge vigor, huge yield, excellent smoke, great buzz, too strong for a lot of people. I love it, but it's a high quality commercial weed.
View attachment 18729641 View attachment 18729645
This is the lowly HolyHanh, a stringy low production, longer flowering, floofer, that ain't easy to grow. I yearn for more of this like I do the first Thai Stick I smoked. Very much the same kind of smoke, a level above the best commercial. Skinny little strings of bud that could only be sellable tied to a stick or bricked up.
View attachment 18729649 View attachment 18729659
View attachment 18729651
I smoke it in the skinniest pinners, stems leaves and all and love every hit.
My mom was a cook and used to say a lot of people eat with their eyes. I believe it, that's why theres so much mediocre bud around.
Bandaid and HolyHanh both great sativa/NLD's both strong and long flowering, but one is to me way more desirable and worth it.
I agree about the BH7 cut, I’ll be pulling down my third run of it soon (it may be a stretch to get it to 16 weeks as I let her get too dry a couple of times) and I really like it as do my local tribe. That said it can be a little lacking in the super up/soaring department. Where did you come by the HolyHanh if you don’t mind me asking, I’m intrigued given your experience with the BH7 etc…

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Where did you come by the HolyHanh if you don’t mind me asking, I’m intrigued given your experience with the BH7 etc…
A local guy/fwend/buddy got a cut from Shantibaba said it was his "grail", it was a pain in the ass to grow and took forever, also was totally bug/disease prone I tried growing it a couple of times indoor and out. I never could get that finicky plant to finish right, but it had a special feeling in the high. I gpt some LieuHanh pollen in the mail from MadMac and made the cross. It's a low producing, all over the place cross, lots of phenos, a little herm here and there but I found one that was really nice.
IMG_2259.jpeg
IMG_2390.jpeg

elchischas

Veteran
A local guy/fwend/buddy got a cut from Shantibaba said it was his "grail", it was a pain in the ass to grow and took forever, also was totally bug/disease prone I tried growing it a couple of times indoor and out. I never could get that finicky plant to finish right, but it had a special feeling in the high. I gpt some LieuHanh pollen in the mail from MadMac and made the cross. It's a low producing, all over the place cross, lots of phenos, a little herm here and there but I found one that was really nice.
View attachment 18730308 View attachment 18730309
IMG_20210920_092802.jpg

I really like the HollyHanh hermano!
Really good cross!

Piff_cat

View attachment 18730308 View attachment 18730309
These are really nice! Some good stock there git some viet 69 haze lots of diversity what more could ya ask for

unnamedmike

Don't have any cuttings of the HH but the seeds finish in 10-12 weeks flowering for the columnar types to 14-16 for the in between and 16-20 for the octopus type phenos.
Here one on the left is octopus and right is columnar.
View attachment 18730690
thanks randy ! and sorry for my poor english haha i mean the ohaze in the pic, how many days flowering? are the ohaze in the pic from cutting or seeds? thanks again :thank you:

Goodherb

Purple haze v2 from @JohnnyChicago 🙏❤️
These smell as good as anything I have going. I am keeping the cuts I got from all three phenos.
Can you state again what’s in this release,
Just awesome calyx size too and good resin! This is my kind of weed end stop 🛑
View attachment 18730833 View attachment 18730834 View attachment 18730835 View attachment 18730836 View attachment 18730837 View attachment 18730838 View attachment 18730839 View attachment 18730840

View attachment 18730841
Sub24ox7: if my memory is still serve me right, I think Johnny Chicago stated it's , Gollis 90s OH x THH x OT1 x seedman OH. Grow on, grow strong.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
thanks randy ! and sorry for my poor english haha i mean the ohaze in the pic, how many days flowering? are the ohaze in the pic from cutting or seeds? thanks again :thank you:
Hey Mike, it's not you it was me, I was really high. haha
The Haze were started from MadMac seeds R4S015-16 on 2/26/22 flipped 3-18-22 flowering for 16 weeks. The one with the flat stems R4SO-15 is the greasiest.
I kept them in 2 gallon pots till they showed resin and then transplanted to 5 gallon, it controlled the height, I also topped them while they were at the second node.
IMG_2626.jpeg