What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MadMac's haze and haze hybrid's grow & show

GoatCheese

Veteran
... how the best hash looks i've smoked to date ...
View attachment 18722470
Nice.

The lighter colored one on the left looks very much like the lovely Tidghine Ketama i had from 1e Hulp Coffeeshop in Adam 2015. ..Minty, incensey sweet resin. It was fairly fresh and nicely soft. Just the right amount of pressing just like your piece. I want some. I'm drooling over here.

Stay away from the oily super soft kinds, i’d say.. These are the kinds of polens you want to try as many as you can while you’re there. The minty more traditional stuff.

JustGrowing420

Some dry buds and some macros

ohaze dry.JPG

ohaze.jpg

ohaze1.jpg
ohaze2.jpg
ohaze3.jpg

but again given the condition the plant "finished" I don't think this is proper maturation, smoke test will tell.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello hello,
back home...
here just a few shot's of the OHz repro...
all worked out very well... timing was good :)
removed all males now... and gave some light feeding...
more later ... be busy as hell this week...
IMG_2910.jpeg
IMG_2911.jpeg
IMG_2917.jpeg
IMG_2920.jpeg
IMG_2921.jpeg
IMG_2924.jpeg
IMG_2925.jpeg
IMG_2928.jpeg
IMG_2929.jpeg
IMG_2930.jpeg

the males are amazing... lot's of vigor and some have resin everywhere... just marked the best... still have cut's from all... and will keep them...
more later... and amazing plants @ all ... will comment later @ Nexus7 & Funky etc...
M.

Piff_cat

those resin red stems are just amazing. i read a paper about red xylem cad(cinnamic alcohol dehydrogenase) mutant genes. extreme increase in phenolpropanoids and infusion of aldehydes into lignin .

this outback x viet reminds me of the a5 x sams haze beautiful lady u have. your works incredible

1655817583058.png

1655817647718.png

funkyhorse

and about the OHz repro's ...
first... as documented... ;-)
Golli(8) + Seedsman(4) (JohnnyChicago) + his Metal(2) & Incense(1) selection
5 Golli males 1 Seedsman male

second...
Golli & Seedsman(JohnnyChicago)

third...
best Golli/Seedsman/Tom Hill Haze x best male (Golli) with resin and amazing vigor

selfed' first run
best Golli & Seedsman girl x best Golli & Seedsman + a few other testers

selfed' second run
S4 best 4 x best 4 (3 Golli & 1 Seedsman)

Fem’s 2020 reversed OHz 10, 15 & 16
1. Nepal Sativa
2. Crockets Haze
3. NL#5 x Oax ***
4. A5 Hz 2 x ***
5. Behound the brain
6. Satori
7. Mandala #1
8. Columbian Black ***
9. SMG x SMC ***
10. Tangie 2 x ***
11. Silver Bubble ***
12. Sk#1 triploid(SamS) 2 x ***
13. Bubba OHz
14. SMG x Ohz
15. OHz (best) ***

and a few more selfed experiments... male x male reversed ... but not tested yet..

to the OHz in general...
SamS said it before ICmag existed already...
OHz is breeding material and not for producing... it's highly inbreed and thus 2 from 10 are amazing if ...
Tom Hill said the same to his selection...
but the reversing show's that it's not all lost...
the results i'll saw so far are all amazing...
after seeing now i'll know now who makes what etc...
and for example bringing a Landrace in like ThaiStick or New Caledonia and than back cross to OHz male & also reversed...
gave me amazing results... with 99% haze feeling...
still have the Columbian Gold 72' ... so will do the same later with it...like staying pure columbian...
did also Punto Rojo x OHz ... but not the time to test yet...
to me there are lot's of possibilities to get the big bud's back... the power is still there
see the Doors/OHz x OHz or A5/OHz x OHzR4 (reversed best 4)
M:cool:
Hi there Mac
Things are or things are not, all the rest is illusion
And things are very difficult in the real world at third world countries where shipments of heirloom seed shared by very generous people get caught in customs again and again, making it very very difficult for me to source new seed.
The people who were helping me get the seeds, have been caught by the law, their growshop closed and they are facing trials. Times change very fast in the canna world
Without this family, I could have never gotten your seed, Wally seed, the THH repro from Spain and the collection of old seed I got
They are having a hard time for helping people in the third world get a few hyped up auto or fem seed from Europe

So because of this situation, basically I am forced to make seed myself if I want to grow something decent for next season. So I have built a library of strains for myself, I have some more crosses to add to the haze library...a lot of experimental crosses which I am testing and checking so now I can report what I see with the genetics generously shared by you

I can report in my environment same result as Nexus7 for THH. Same result with the THH repro from Spain
It is interesting, we are kind of latitude neighbours with Nexus7 growing in continents so far away and yet obtaining similar results at our part of the planet. I need in my environment much better landrace resistance than THH has to offer. The results of the trials are very clear. I dont need a wannabe tamed Thai but a real untamed thai which still carries plenty of landrace resistance and has not been diluted with indica or skunk genetics which are unsuitable to grow in my very humid environment

I can report than the Seedsman Hz x Ohz90 or the other side Ohz90 x Seedsman Hz I got which I have no clue which version it is, you probably might have a better tracking or traceability of it, crossed with pure race has given excellent vigorous results. I tried it with indicas like Deep Chunk, GG#4/DC or Fighting Buddha and results were outstanding vigour. You obtain indica buds growing like sativas. In my book this shit is a hashplant and it is only good to make hash. I cant believe all this bs about balanced high of indica x sativa. For me it is totally unbalanced high giving me a monster hashplant which is very good if you are looking into that stuff but it is clearly not my thing all these high munchies crosses with a down. And with sativas the same thing, only works crossed to a pure race bringing great vigour.

I show you a bit of my experiments from this 2022 season:
Lets start with Smoh BX 2 which is Seedsman Hz from my original pack july pheno x (Seedsman Hz x Ohz90)
I collected pollen for this cross from my original male from the pack without any resin on stems and all your resinous males from the pack
If I obtain a non resin on stem girl, it is obvious who the dad is.
This girl here has no resin at all on stems. Besides her is her sister showing the top shot on right. Another mutant triploid I got many from the F2s using these males
The most vigorous girl of the hazes this season is the non resin girl giving progeny as I would have expected
Smoh bx 2 (6).jpeg

This is from another angle and picture of the buds with resin and non resin on leaves and stems. It will be very interesting to test this because the trend and the consensus in the canna breeding world is for resin on stem girls for the best
This girl is also the best landrace resistent pure haze of the bunch
Smoh bx 2 (3).jpeg
Smoh bx 2 (4).jpeg
Smoh bx 2 (5).jpeg

This is Northern Thailand 2008 x (Seedsman Hz x Ohz90)
Excellent landrace resistance. You can see Mangobiche CBG in the back. There are no pure sativas untamed in the market. It is all tamed with indicas and designed only for the super fast flowering phenos who have the worst landrace resistance, all designed for indoor growing when sativas should be bred and grown outdoors preferably in tropical environment
N Thai x seedsman hz mm.jpeg

And in this picture you can see for comparison of sizes, all of these plants excellent resistance. Your Koh Chang/Thai Stick x Ohz90 in my environment acted like the bug attractor strain of the season. And it is excellent because after the grow I can wash the plant out of all pests and obtain good quality weed.
These plants dont have this problem: N thai 2008 x Seedsman Hz, Smoh BX 2 in the middle and Purple Oldtimer haze x Meao Thai on the right. In the back left is Mangobiche TLT and you can see my triploids between them.
N Thai, smoh bx 2 and PH x T 3.jpeg

This is another view of PH x T and Smoh BX 2 in the back with the triploids
PH x T 3 (7).jpeg

Continued in next post

Sub24ox7

Icmag haze(seedsman haze)
Got burnt in early mid flowering, recovering enough to finish maturation in some weeks.
Started seed February 1st.
Pollinated a few branches on each with thh f2 pollen and pink pan-o-haze x nl87 pollen. 🙏 @JohnnyChicago
One of the females is very peppery and reminds me of the cut I used to have and grow!! 🙏🙏🙏❤️
Icmag rocks!
Also I kept cuts of the 4 females and 6 males. Was going to do a repro with 30 seeds but I just don’t have time to pop more this season. So I grouped the 2 backups together into separate pots as they have been neglected in solo cups for months. Will flower and seed one group and keep the other to take new cuts eventually and then do a bigger pollination with 20 more plants next year.
Icmag rocks!

Attachments

• 4FC977C5-6E6D-4327-9901-51A7EACEBAAA.jpeg
    4FC977C5-6E6D-4327-9901-51A7EACEBAAA.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 70
  • F296C227-6077-4A39-B617-F9C98BC1FDE7.jpeg
    F296C227-6077-4A39-B617-F9C98BC1FDE7.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 57
  • 4A924EBC-F7E3-4CF4-92A1-AFAAA051D38C.jpeg
    4A924EBC-F7E3-4CF4-92A1-AFAAA051D38C.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 53
  • 2970D686-2C19-4637-81C2-E32198D07234.jpeg
    2970D686-2C19-4637-81C2-E32198D07234.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 55
  • FB27CC5A-63A5-4617-B38B-10D88EE91F20.jpeg
    FB27CC5A-63A5-4617-B38B-10D88EE91F20.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 69
  • A78F21C3-5566-4F53-BA51-92B6B3F96934.jpeg
    A78F21C3-5566-4F53-BA51-92B6B3F96934.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
  • ED953EBE-F02E-4F82-9BB5-D5F84A2A64B5.jpeg
    ED953EBE-F02E-4F82-9BB5-D5F84A2A64B5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
  • 182EF03A-8DF6-454A-9CD1-6103D5444402.jpeg
    182EF03A-8DF6-454A-9CD1-6103D5444402.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:

funkyhorse

You asked about CG72. I tried all crosses between hazes and CG72. The best by far is Seedsman Hz july pheno 1 from my pack x CG72. The only cross bringing vigour and meat to the table
I can show you some
This is Pachamama Hz x CG72 and Northern Thai 2008 x Cg72 in the back
Same male very different results
Pachamama haze x cg72 and n Thai x cg72.jpeg

Pachamama Hz x Cg72 is giving a slice of schinken. I love schinken Mac. The problem is in order to make 100 grs of schinken how many plants you need to grow??? This is grinspoonesque. This is mutated and lack of vigour. Same with all the crosses done both ways with CG 72 x (Seedsman Hz x Ohz90) or viceversa (Seedsman Hz x Ohz90) x Cg72, it is a beauty but just one slice of schiken. This is the top shot
Pachamama haze x cg72 top shot.jpeg

This is Northern Thailand 2008 x CG72. Amazing vigour, even more than the Seedsman Hz x Ohz90 cross. Similar to your Koh Chang/Thai Stick x Ohz90 with much much better landrace resistance which is something you cannot test or see in an indoor lab. Nature does all the job, it is easy selecting here
Lower bud
N Thai x cg72 lower bud.jpeg

It looks like real argentinian steak, mouthwatering
asado.jpeg

I show you CG72 F2 purple girl
Same problems shared by Oldtimer Haze, Ohz and CG72. They are affected by a little PM, and they have lack of vigour. I hope you have the original release from JGL. I am afraid from the repros you will find inbreeding depression. Mom gave such fat beautiful buds...
Cg72 purple f2 (4).jpeg
Cg72 purple f2 (5).jpeg

This is CG72 keeper from last year x (Seedsman Hz x Ohz90)
Lack of vigour and PM on leaves
Cg72 fem 3 x seedsman hz (4).jpeg
Cg72 fem 3 x seedsman hz (7).jpeg
Cg72 fem 3 x seedsman hz (5).jpeg

I believe pure race x pure race is the way to bring vigour back, at least is what I am seeing in my environment, it doesnt matter if it is pure sativa or pure indica.
What is clear is out of the Seedsman Hz x Ohz90 and viceversa crosses, when inbred or crossed with the other californian strains like CG72 or Oldtimer Haze, the lack of vigour is very clear and bring up a lot of mutations, which are very interesting to see and learn from
Have a nice day everyone