What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mackerel and Dolphins

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Early bird catches the early worm so to speak, weather looking good so just off to hopefully start to fill the freezer more will post the outcome here once i return for anyone looking in stay safe you ladies and gentleman and of course the rest of us..

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Hit up a buddy I haven't talked to in a while and got a little fishing trip planned soon. Now your thread's got me all excited thinking about it lol. Some of my favorite night-fishing lures for largemouth...

picture.php

Bottom (left to right): Scum frog, the exact one the owl attacked lol. Jitterbug, my personal favorite it's one of a kind and brings out the beasts. Hula popper, another top-water bass slayer.

The top 2 are Bitsy bug bass jigs. Totally deadly when the bite grinds to a halt and it's freezing cold out. Caught a fat pig just chilling on the bottom (belly covered in mud) back in March when there was still ice on the water.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some nice looking jigs you have there JustSumTomatoe.. Hope you enjoy your trip one day maybes i will try jigging for the bass you mention maybes in the future i hope,... Well returned from fishing back now today was a good day and could of stayed longer as tide was coming back in when i left. and when arrived. very low water see in photos but payed off i must of thrown 40 back into the water today young mackerel to small for my liking but the majority was good size boats also close in today dropping crab pots and lobster pots anyhow heres a few to many photos from todays expedition 20 photos all in all and in no order .
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Hard work uploading 20 photos 5 at a time but done now last but not least think thats about it for the day time for a shower or bath and my take home tally today was 87 so getting better and today the mackerel were jumping out of the water chasing sprat but fishing and trying to get photos is not the easiest way to fish next year i will be buying my own boat as the coble in the first set of photos must of been about 40 foot away from the pier well enough said take care you all .

superx

Veteran
Very nice... Such a fine haul you have there.

I use to enjoy making mackerel soup back in the day, I would boil a load of them up in a pot
With diced onion and carrot and a sprig of fennel, season at the end then simply strain the stock
Into a bowl, then flake some of that amazing fish into it. Butterd toasted soda bread on the side, it was delicious. The islanders here on the west coast of Ireland make a hearty bowl, such fine dining.
Fising is so relaxing, though I have only ever done it when very stoned...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- Jolly good show - and loads of fish for the freezer - should last you quite some time -

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for looking in guys always welcomed and appreciated .

Superex. that recipe sounds tasty a lot, maybes i will give it a go in time .:tiphat:

Ratchy. im 95 percent sold on the warrior just doing a lot more homework and your advice is always appreciated cheers m8.:tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana. Plenty more fish photos and updates to come, I will be out again tomorrow,, Today im giving this old back of mine a rest, and anytime you want, theres always a box with your name on it. Im sure it can be arranged,,:tiphat: Here is dinner from yesterdays catch ingredients in the munchie mansion :good:

picture.php

superx

Veteran
5 star dining man, looks incredible...

There is a touch of Asian style to it.... mackerel are so good for you as well, packed with healthy oils
It's hard to eat better....

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
picture.php

Gypsy Nirvana. Plenty more fish photos and updates to come, I will be out again tomorrow,, Today im giving this old back of mine a rest, and anytime you want, theres always a box with your name on it. Im sure it can be arranged,,:tiphat:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time for the daily catch report and to be honest not a lot to report fish wise . Well thought to myself arrive early get the best spot so arrived as the tide was going back about 4 hours down usually a good time for the mackerel, drop of the tide but today someone beat me to it, as i approached where i wanted a torch light came on yes someone had the same idea as me ha ha better luck next time i thought to myself. Well today was actually slow caught 4 alltogether lost 2 and kept 3 to fetch home so not the best of trips but hey you cannot catch all the time at least i did not blank ..Well here is todays photos of the catch and will update my TopDawg StarDawg Manny diary in the V.I.P. Section later take care guys..

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last but not least take notice of the coal still on the sand from our pits 20 plus years ago still gets washed ashore to this day,, anyhow thats it for today more to follow .

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

PS cheers for looking in guys its appreciated as always.

Last edited:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I like how you grill'em and just leave the head on. I've had them like that before in another country (delicious, you can eat the eyes too!) People here in the states would have a freaking heart attack if you served it to them like that lol. Ever see "A Christmas Story" when they were at the Chinese restaurant and brought the roast duck out? Just like that lol.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for dropping in guys will be back out in the morning weather permitting and did someone mention asian style food :biggrin: This was on my to do list for a long time and even alough it looks not so appetising it really was tasty the scorpion was a little tough though but still went down the hatch.. JustSumTomatoes never seen that film before so just googled it quite funny i can see it would shock a few if never seen before and yes , i will eat all on the plate eyes included all protein.. Well time to get the fishing gear ready for an early morning start gotta be up around 4 in morning so for now heres some fresh food for you to ponder on compliments of soi ?. :biggrin:

picture.php
picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well todays fishing trip was a decent few hours arrived at the spot at 4.30 and no one to be seen, still a little dark but good enough to see. On my way to where i wanted to be saw loads of gulls diving so knew it was going to be a good was back in the house for 9.30 so a good 5 hours fishing and taking lots of photos shame i could not get the seal in the photos as everytime i picked the phone up he was back under water now if you look close enough at the photos with the gulls diving look close enough and you can see the sprats getting attacked from above and below as in one or two of the photos you can actually see the mackerel attacking the sprat didnt see it until uploaded onto computer so thats a bonus these photos are in no particular order so for those who dont see much mackerel and sea heres a few photos even the small sprat which the mackerel eat.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts