What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mackerel and Dolphins

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Back from another session and a good one it was, must of caught over 60 today my back is aching but all in all was worth the effort but I did not like the carry back to the car killed me, not as fit as I thought I was :biggrin:
Anyhow back home now and into bath as stinking of mackerel few photos of todays session.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

ratchy

looks like you had a good couple of weeks and with good results mate good going, the boats out the water at the moment getting ready for the winter but will be ready soon enough will ring up when done:)

Badfishy1

Th-th-this guy thinking people are spotlighting mackerel for cast net fishing... wew what a clown world... palin, I have NEVER been able to hookset a porpoise nor have I seen anybody else. I’ve seen porpoise run bait hundreds to thousands of times. I typically use 12/0 hooks for shark/ tarpon/ or jewfish with live lady fish or Mack.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for looking in guys:tiphat: Hey ratchy nice to hear its getting ready m8 look forward to getting some cod again and a few haddock wouldn't go a miss too :biggrin:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for stopping by guys appreciated well the mackerel have moved on now but before they went I bought the wife a little six foot rod and reel and she caught 2 mackerel and a sand eel I was buzzing for her considering she never used a rod and reel until now so hopefully next year we will be catching a lot more, I even bought another freezer the day before they moved on looks like that's going to gather dust for a year One of them things..:biggrin:

944s2.. you know it makes sense tasty mackerel :biggrin:

JustSumTomatoes.. yeah its like a jig.. i have a lure and feathers on in some photos works a charm.:tiphat:

Glad I stocked up on mackerel now have another year to wait for them coming back again.:)

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you feed the extra parts (head tail guts etc.) to your Plants or to your Pets ?

Thanks for looking in St. Phatty they all went to a good cause no waste at all,, Neighbour asked for everything as he does every year and he has one of the best gardens ive seen in the summer everything looks great and yes you are right he has cats too so pets are happy also. win win for all.:biggrin:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nearly that time again first set of mackerel showing up 2 mile off the coast :good: Another few weeks then they should be coming in closer to shore, ie piers. And once again i will be filling the freezer have about 12 left in freezer off last year so timed it perfect for this year roll on the sunny weather.

Well a lot earlier than expected got a phone call to say the mackerel are showing now, didnt think they would be here that quick,:jump: but a few days of sun has pushed them in closer so this should be a good season was up first light today to give it a try, water was a little dirty, with a bit of a swell but thought im here now so get that hook in the water stayed for 2 hours lost one and caught these two so not a wasted journey and a lot more to come these next few weeks tight lines all.:party: Another little update from water to plate

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

ratchy

Nearly that time again first set of mackerel showing up 2 mile off the coast :good: Another few weeks then they should be coming in closer to shore, ie piers. And once again i will be filling the freezer have about 12 left in freezer off last year so timed it perfect for this year roll on the sunny weather.

Well a lot earlier than expected got a phone call to say the mackerel are showing now, didnt think they would be here that quick,:jump: but a few days of sun has pushed them in closer so this should be a good season was up first light today to give it a try, water was a little dirty, with a bit of a swell but thought im here now so get that hook in the water stayed for 2 hours lost one and caught these two so not a wasted journey and a lot more to come these next few weeks tight lines all.:party: Another little update from water to plate

View Image

View Image
told you so mate dinner looks tasty save some for me westerly winds most of the week or close enough :biggrin:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for looking in guys well decided to drop into water again today very windy gusting 40mph but as long as the fish are there, i will try too catch them. god loves a tryer so im told. well fished as the tide was dropping today, and caught zero. only saw 3 other anglers who were there before i arrived and i spoke to 2 of them and it was the same story zero for them too so gave it a couple of hours and with no one catching decided it was time to head home bit of a sickener but cannot catch all the time so on arriving home i was greeted with this parcel only took 2 weeks from usa to arrive so all in all a decent timeframe for delivery no fish today so gives me time to educate myself with the new grow room toy few photos from today shame theres no fish but watch this space sooner or later..

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I've been doing some bass fishing this year, but haven't had a ton of success. Looking forward to doing some camping. Lots of nice ponds and fish where I go. Man I'm craving a fish dinner now lol.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been doing some bass fishing this year, but haven't had a ton of success. Looking forward to doing some camping. Lots of nice ponds and fish where I go. Man I'm craving a fish dinner now lol.

The lunch was very nice fresh from the water to the plate within hours :yummy: Now the bass fishing. i would love to try, I have fished for sea bass from the shore in the past and done ok have fished a few trout ponds in my time too, but i always seem to go back to sea fishing and the camping sounds good too, done it when i was younger hope you have a bit more luck when youre camping with the bass...

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well had another try today up at six on grounds for 7.30 about 6 bodies on pier so looked promising first cast nothing same as second zilch, but nearly everyone after that,, pulled at least one in,, the most i had on one cast was 6 . some real small joeys ie small mackerel... must of put at least 20 back in the water today,, never seen so many small ones ever in all my years of fishing there, hopefully a good sign of things to come well back in the house for 9.45 so not a bad couple of hours will be there again tomorrow going to fill the freezers this year so plenty to come anyhow heres todays tally fetched 28 home put the rest back..:good:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Back from another day fishing arrived at low water fished the tide till nearly high tide then decided that 59 for today was enough must of thrown well over 50 back today was sick of taking them of the hook but had an enjoyable few hours met a few polish guys too funny they were in a good sense but caught nothing when i was there, but im sure once the tide turned they will of caught i hope so anyway, well here is a few photos from todays trip plenty more to come thats for sure.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php