What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

M.O.B (Mother Of Berry)

jagdog3

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Well if its anything like how they messed up my Darkstar, it is nothing like the original. And for that matter i think we are agreeing.

highsteppa

Veteran
Fading, looking like 10-14 days till chop. The "Maine own blueberry" pheno is about a week behind. It smells mostly the same except more of a sharp fruit smell vs the deep cherry skunky mob smell.

Attachments

• IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 19

FreedomGrower

Veteran
This is the one I put in first in a 65 gal smart pot ... I put a second one in 65 in late july and it started flowering after about a week ...

Attachments

• IMGP2405.jpg
    IMGP2405.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMGP2408.jpg
    IMGP2408.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 8

KONY

Veteran
Fading, looking like 10-14 days till chop. The "Maine own blueberry" pheno is about a week behind. It smells mostly the same except more of a sharp fruit smell vs the deep cherry skunky mob smell.

Seems like we are on the same schedule. I was thinking another week to 10 days here. But I havent seen them in 2 days. Might change my opinion today.

This is the one I put in first in a 65 gal smart pot ... I put a second one in 65 in late july and it started flowering after about a week ...

We vegged 4 of them for outdoor this year. 3 of them were in traditional pots, 2 square and one round homer bucket. The 4th one however was in a 5 gallon hercules pot, basically a hard plastic smart pot. Its amazing seeing the difference in the plants.

1 of the 3 that was in the traditional pots ended up cutting in July because she was so stunted. All of them started flowering in veg, however the one in the hercules pot was night to day difference in happiness and amount it flowered; it just barely started flowering compared to the others.

Never seen a plant respond so much to the root pruning pots. Most of the time I can get comparable results in 5 gallon homer buckets as smart pots, but not with this strain. We have 3 more inside, that are getting flipped this week hopefully. They havent flowered at all and are about 2 months old. Have gotten regularly transplanted though.

browntrout

Veteran
Highrises attempt at mob looks nothing like the clone "mob" either ... just saying.

No it doesn't, lots of purples. But keep in mind that MOB being a clone likely was not stable to begin with, when you take a plant to S2 even though your really working with 1 pheno a throwbacks and deviations can occur.

Plus we know that clones can change in a lot of ways over time.

Just saying we should keep an open mind. The MOB S2's from highrise are damn lovely in smell/taste and breed well IMO. Nice phenos from blueberry candy to chery/berry jam. I would say they are better for breeding than growing for yield.

highsteppa

Veteran
Chopped my big one yesterday a starting the rest tomorrow. The buds are very dense and def lost 10+% to botrytis. I covered them during the rains we got, but the humidity got em. She doesn't have good mold resistance anyway, esp with her bud density...the rest look clean, but we'll prob find a bit. Good luck on the harvest everyone.

jagdog3

I took down one last night it had a little bud rot but not to bad..really pretty dense purple buds with a fairly strong berry smell..

KONY

Veteran
We cut out little bit of boytrisis a few days ago. All as a result of less than ideal airflow and light. Could have been prevented to word it a different way....

With the weather forecast the next 10 days, will probably chop them Sunday. I have a feeling they are going to swell a considerable amount the next few days.

edit: all 3 outdoor MOB's are trash. Botryis took them over completely. Even after harvesting and cutting what we thought was all of it out.
Live and you learn. I look forward to the challenge next year.

Last edited:

highsteppa

Veteran
Sounds good ^^^ I have her crossed a few different ways. Last year she got strawberry webbed, this year she’ll get lemon Thai pollen...got a big girl flowering now, time to get in and clean up her lowers and inners. Peace and see you in a month with some flowers.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Here’s a couple of Firemob x a5...pic taken in late July of this year (Firemob x a5 plants are on the right and left in the shot). The seeds came from an excellent grower/breeder I know who threw some a5 pollen on the female Firemob he had running last year. That Firemob was great by itself...I can’t wait to see what they’re gonna be like with the a5 male added to the mix.

picture.php

The plant in the middle is Haze Laos x White Fire Alien...just in case anyone was curious.

HB.

browntrout

Veteran
Here’s a couple of Firemob x a5...pic taken in late July of this year (Firemob x a5 plants are on the right and left in the shot). The seeds came from an excellent grower/breeder I know who threw some a5 pollen on the female Firemob he had running last year. That Firemob was great by itself...I can’t wait to see what they’re gonna be like with the a5 male added to the mix.

View Image

The plant in the middle is Haze Laos x White Fire Alien...just in case anyone was curious.

HB.

Gonna be some monstas!

browntrout

Veteran
LB - MOB x (Blueberry x Durban/PCK)

LB #2
View Image

LB#1 Clone Vs Mother
View Image

This year I have 80 or so LB#1/#2 x Lemonhoko's Pre-2k BB Bx for open pollination, the MOB is really amplified, in this hybrid but with added sourness and dry berry smells, some BB phenos are more vitamin/spicy smelling but all are really stinky. Surprisingly the hybrid didn't lengthen the flowering time and in some cases shortened it.

Lots of purples, looking forward to the F2 gen and really searching through those indoors while stabilizing.

Latest posts

Latest posts