What's new

M.O.B (Mother Of Berry)

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Absolutely! That is what I'm saying. Stoney- seemed lil he wanted other advice than those, but it being rootbound is usually the #1 reason.

Bob Green

Hey guys I am friends with KRK and the guys from Highrise. I just happen to know that autobeanstalk has a few early MOB BX2s that are reg beans from a limited one time release waiting to get sprouted. Just look in their Highrise section. Grab some while they're hot!

MOB x MOB x (MOB x F99a)

:woohoo:

:tiphat:

Americangrower

Veteran
Hey guys I am friends with KRK and the guys from Highrise. I just happen to know that autobeanstalk has a few early MOB BX2s that are reg beans from a limited one time release waiting to get sprouted. Just look in their Highrise section. Grab some while they're hot!

MOB x MOB x (MOB x F99a)

:woohoo:

:tiphat:

Nice but what is the auto mom and why not use the clone as the mom?

beanja

Bob green ??? your not bob from udg that ripped rcmc off with those bogus seeds you made for krk? BTw the mob krk made is weak in effect and not even the same mob as th seeds , grow out th seeds and you will get a total diff plant. I grew a shit load of krk's ... check my profile there was a whole room full of mob . Green phenol way more potent than the purp.

Bob Green

Bob green ??? your not bob from udg that ripped rcmc off with those bogus seeds you made for krk? BTw the mob krk made is weak in effect and not even the same mob as th seeds , grow out th seeds and you will get a total diff plant. I grew a shit load of krk's ... check my profile there was a whole room full of mob . Green phenol way more potent than the purp.

I have no idea what or who you are talking about? I have never been to rcmc or udg so not sure? I don't represent Highrise but people in this thread where specifically asking about MOB seeds from Highrise and I know where a few are.

I do know Mr Bitchin but no that's not me either.

Was just trying to help. :biggrin:

Mr Jay

Veteran

The MOB I grew from Krk was some of the most potent stuff around. One hit wonder, audios.

I've heard everyone say the purp is weaker than the green from the highrise gear, but my purple ones were stronger. Maybe I just got a lucky purple pheno.

Did your purple plants smell like a blueberry pie baking as well?

beanja

The MOB I grew from Krk was some of the most potent stuff around. One hit wonder, audios.

I've heard everyone say the purp is weaker than the green from the highrise gear, but my purple ones were stronger. Maybe I just got a lucky purple pheno.

Did your purple plants smell like a blueberry pie baking as well?
No way its a one hit wonder .... highrise mob is pretty not potent.

Bob Green

I have seen quite a few good pics and read quite a few good reports on Highrise MOB. I have yet to see a single good pic or report from the THseeds release.

But both of the fem releases are selfed beans made from the clone only MOB cut. They should be pretty similar so long as both companies are using the original cut. I highly doubt that THseeds has put any serious selection work into their MOB release that would make it any more potent. Highrise on the other hand has been working with the mob for quite some time now.

The main thing that convinced me to invest into MOB genetics was the reports of the flavors and aromas it produces along with short flowering time, and the stout framed branches.

I am not a huge fan of purple buds but I also hear the purple MOB phenos are pretty much on par with the green ones and that smell and taste is solid and dominant from plant to plant. That and the fact that it tends to pass these same traits in it's offspring drew my attention.

Mr Jay

Veteran
No way its a one hit wonder .... highrise mob is pretty not potent.

I have absolutely zero reason to lie about MOB. Highrise doesn't exist anymore, there is no benefit to me for saying it.

Mob was one of the most potent strains I grew, at least a couple of the purple plants. I have grown many strains over the years and this one from Highrise really stood out. I gave my stoner co-worker one hit and ended up doing his job for an hour and a half while he coped with it. When I was growing it people asked for it by name, and only it. They called it "Dark matter" and said it would warp you to space.

Their words, not mine.

Maybe I just got lucky and had a rare killer purple pheno... every time I popped MOB beans.

To each their own, sorry MOB didn't work out for you.

Mr Jay

Veteran
The main thing that convinced me to invest into MOB genetics was the reports of the flavors and aromas it produces along with short flowering time, and the stout framed branches.

I am not a huge fan of purple buds but I also hear the purple MOB phenos are pretty much on par with the green ones and that smell and taste is solid and dominant from plant to plant. That and the fact that it tends to pass these same traits in it's offspring drew my attention.

Man, these things grow like they are built out of rebar. I've never had to stake one up. The solid branching and stout frame are a godsend.

beanja

whatever .... than u have absolutely no tolerance.
check my profile.... when high rise first come out with mob I grew out 50 s1's ... why would I lie.
stuff is pretty and some nice scents and that is it

Mr Jay

Veteran
Actually, my tolerance is so high it can be an issue. I'm on SSRIs, things just don't hit me as hard as they do others. It bums me out some times. There's also the factor of everyone else that smoked it and got zapped. Seasoned stoners got ripped on it.

I have been growing out the S2s, Maybe the further selection they did was just the ticket.

I never said you lied, I just shared my experience and responded to you saying "No way its a one hit wonder .... highrise mob is pretty not potent."

There's a difference between sharing your personal experience with a strain and flat out telling another person they are wrong. :tiphat:

KONY

Veteran
Unrelated to everything else, but why talk so much about seed plants that is not actually MOB clone.

My mob will auto quick if rootbound... Once up potted she will keep it up for quite some time but will snap outta it . From my experience a lot of fast strains will want to force flower if left in the same pot to long...

I think this is the reason ours was trying to flower so much. Probably more to do with this and less to do with the 18/6 light schedule.

Rooster - from this post he vegged them big indoors waiting to put them out into a big pot , never says what size pot was being used .. Put money whatever size pot he has them is is to small, if you let it get rootbound in a cup early n don't jump a few potsizes you will being fighting it the entire grow...

They were vegged in appropriate size containers the whole time (for normal, non autoflowering geneteics), however the original clone I received was trying to flower and it never really got out of it.

Next time we veg this strain we will go from a cup straight to a 3 gallon or 5 gallon pot instead of our normal method of Beer cups to 5" black pots, to 3 gallon pots to 7 gallon.

Last edited:

Mr Jay

Veteran
Unrelated to everything else, but why talk so much about seed plants that is not actually MOB clone.

Because eventually senescence sets in for a clone only strain. It can't go forever, so if you want it to be preserved as a strain you need to focus on selfing it and breeding the resulting plants as close to the original as possible, sometimes on the nose.

Its impossible for me to compare the seeds I have to the clone as I live in Oregon and I can't find a clone here. Those who have grown the seeds I have and the clone I haven't say it's MOB.

KONY

Veteran
Because eventually senescence sets in for a clone only strain. It can't go forever, so if you want it to be preserved as a strain you need to focus on selfing it and breeding the resulting plants as close to the original as possible, sometimes on the nose.

Its impossible for me to compare the seeds I have to the clone as I live in Oregon and I can't find a clone here. Those who have grown the seeds I have and the clone I haven't say it's MOB.

I dont know how to tell you this besides keeping it real, but your life is way shorter than a clones. You could live for 100 lives before a clone has lost its vigor.

The problem is most people get lazy and are bad at being proactive.... taking cuts before others are flowered, etc.

Latest posts

Latest posts