had this strain in nyc for sci
out of all the strians the mango is the best for me
i can still taste it
thanks again dlb for all your work, energy and love
i second that whole heartedly :friends: <3 :ying: :pimp3:

P

pSi007

"This pheno was discovered by RoastedO"

not sure if i know this guy. anyway, as i was saying.. it looks exactly like a strain that i have approx 10,000 seeds of. :joint:
and i did send them out to a shitload of OGers, one of whichs, whos name was mentioned in this thread. :) so if anybody else has tried a mango haze clone, i was prob the source of the genetics.

good luck!

ps, yo Ohenry, did you like it? :)

tell, baccus i said hello

Last edited:

DrLongbottom

Veteran
Thought I'd put Shantibabas' strain description of the Mangohaze up here for everyone.

Genetics: 25% NL5, 25% Skunk and 50% Haze
Variety: Mostly Sativa
Type: Hybrid
Harvest Date: October
Flowering Period: 8-11 weeks
THC Content: Unknown
No of Seeds Per Packet: 20
Characteristics: Good resistance to mould.

This strain is a parallel line to the Super Silver Haze, i.e. it has the same Haze father and the mother is a sister of the SSH. Accordingly, the genetic makeup of this strain is 25% NL5, 25% Skunk and 50% Haze. The expected flowering times depend very much on the selection of the mother but in general will vary from 8 to 11 weeks, so it is a practical 50% sativa for indoor growing. It is suggested that if the room does not have much height, go directly into 12/12 with a rooted clone or seed. This will still give a 1-1.5 meter plant. Yields of this strain are expected to produce between 450-550 grams per square meter (based on using minimum of 600 watts lamps). Lower branches may be pruned during the grow or pre flower phase, so the Mango strain puts its energy into the cola flower clusters. This is a good way to manage this plant if growing more plants per square meter than normal is preferred. The resistance to moulds is a positive feature of this plant, both for indoor and outdoor growers. Mango is a very special plant if one is impressed by resin production, and the aroma is of fully ripe mangos. It is special plant affecting people's cerebral areas. The plant's ancestors were HTCC winners of numerous awards, so its pedigree is outstanding. It has been in the making for some years now, but we at MNS feel it is as ready as it ever will be. If only the serpent in the Garden of Eden had tempted Eve with a Mango Haze instead of a mere apple, the whole world would have understood so much more.

DLB :joint:

RoastedO

pSi007 said:
"This pheno was discovered by RoastedO"

not sure if i know this guy. anyway, as i was saying.. it looks exactly like a strain that i have approx 10,000 seeds of. :joint:
and i did send them out to a shitload of OGers, one of whichs, whos name was mentioned in this thread. :) so if anybody else has tried a mango haze clone, i was prob the source of the genetics.

good luck!

ps, yo Ohenry, did you like it? :)

tell, baccus i said hello
Sorry man. I have no idea who you are. I can tell you for %100 certainty that you were not the source of these genetics.
These seeds were obtained by me from Shantibaba.
The particular pheno being shown here was selected for its Haze dominance.
Im not sure when you made your "Mango Haze" but Shantibaba has been working on this one with the same name for a few years now also. You might want to consider renaming yours.
Hope this clear any confusion.

All the best,
RO

Last edited:

DrLongbottom

Veteran
Well since she was such a wild plant in the soil grow....I just had to run one in the dwc system...so here is a look at the Mangohaze about 5 weeks in or so...she started out in flower at about 8 inches and is still stretchin. I figure she is about 6 feet tall or so now.....its gonna be one crazy plant thats for sure!! DLB :joint:

P

pSi007

RoastedO said:
You might want to consider renaming yours.
Hope this clear any confusion.

really? lol.... anyway.. i hope you liked the clone version you tried, ohenry.

RO, dude.. i`m not too sure why you are saying that. i was growing mango haze 6-8 years ago. I have been naming it that for a while. I do not feel i need to change a name b/c somebody wants to sell something. Your mango haze looks cool, i just wanted to say it looks very much like something i am familiar with. I was posting Mango Haze shots on Overgrow long before I have ever heard from you or your version, or shanti and his version. I`m happy shanti decided to sell a "mango haze", i`m sure the name will sell. I called mine that because I had mango indica crossed with haze. i have been growing it for years and it is one of my favorites. also, have been calling it mango haze for personal use. why should i rename it? are you going to tell me i cant call a cannabis plant an indica or a sativa? or does somebody own that name too?

dont worry, i`ll post some shots of my mango haze soon. I KNOW you will be impressed. :headbange

Last edited:
D

Dalaihempy

pSi007 said:
sup folks =P

nice mango haze! Looks exactly like a Mango haze i sent out in seeds to many overgrowers :)
if that is from my mango haze stock, i guess i`ll tell you a little about it.

I took a medical mango indica from a berkely, ca cannabis club about 5 years ago. It was a squat and fat indica that was maybe 75%indica/25% sativa.
It amazed me with the amount of THC it produced so i crossed it to a HAZE hybrid that was 50% orange haze from, captain beefheart, then 50% to a california haze that some buddies have been growing for years.
the outcome is a hybrid that is mostly sativa. dont let the leaves fool ya, though. the mango indica had very thin leaves for being mostly indica. the trait passed along. I have posted many pictures of Mango Haze and what you have there looks very much like it. I am growing Mango Haze now and in a couple months i`ll do a detailed report. :)

anyway, till next time!
Hiya pSi007 well you sed here

I took a medical mango indica from a berkely, ca cannabis club about 5 years ago. It was a squat and fat indica that was maybe 75%indica/25% sativa.
It amazed me with the amount of THC it produced so i crossed it to a HAZE hybrid that was 50% orange haze from, captain beefheart, then 50% to a california haze that some buddies have been growing for years.

That makes it 2002 shanti offerd test seeds of the mangohaze in 2002 at cw i was one of the lucky testers now shanti had the mangohaze in the works years before that i think i first read mangohaze was to be offerd the first time in 2000 .

Mango haze is a parallel line to SSH .

So no offence pSi007 mangohaze was being tested by people in a public forum being cw in 2002 and you were just breeding yours.

Can add more pics if you guys like that plant well a branch of the mangohaze pictured the plant yielded 19 oz cured.

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
relax man, no one is forcing you to do anything lol
im pretty sure he meant that since the strain is being sold worldwide by a very popular breeder,
that in order to avoid confusion u may want to make your name unique.
fwiw, if im not mistaken, mr. nice also trademarks all his names...
...so if u ever did want to sell the beans youd want to change the name anyway id imagine.
i wouldnt want to change a name either if i laid claim to it 6 years before another breeder released seeds under the same name, but i would definitely add something
or change something about it, simply to seperate it from the version by the dutch breeder...
psihaze has a nice ring to it come to think of it :) but again do what u want man :)
no one can force you to do anything, and surely O has your best interest in mind.
dont take anything said on the net too personal because its impossible to tell the 'tone' of someones postings.

be ez :wave:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
holy shit dude please do....details details details! we want details! :biglaugh:
~1.2 lbs one branch?!?!?! :eek: hehehe.... great lookin sativa, dalai :smile::yes:
Dalaihempy said:
Hiya pSi007 well you sed here

That makes it 2002 shanti offerd test seeds of the mangohaze in 2002 at cw i was one of the lucky testers now shanti had the mangohaze in the works years before that i think i first read mangohaze was to be offerd the first time in 2000 .

Mango haze is a parallel line to SSH .

So no offence pSi007 mangohaze was being tested by people in a public forum being cw in 2002 and you were just breeding yours.

Can add more pics if you guys like that plant well a branch of the mangohaze pictured the plant yielded 19 oz cured.

P

pSi007

i prob made a mistake, i was working with mango haze since 1997-2000. i forget. been working with more strains than one. just for noting purpose, my mango haze looks nothing like SSH or that thing you posted, ethereal.
as i remember, i have never seen anyone post anything called mango haze, so the name obviously got my attention.

you say mango haze by shanti is the same as super silver haze? same thing?

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
dude grab a pair of glasses. its clearly stated -- sister of ssh.

do you wish to turn this great thread into an ego-battle?
start a thread on your mango indica x orange haze x california haze and it can continue there.
please dont ruin this one :joint:

just for noting purpose i have never heard of you or your cross before. :confused:
also, and again, just for the record,
"that thing i posted" is some of the finest cheeb i've ever had the pleasure of tasting. :) you should try some :smoke:

RoastedO

pSi007 said:
really? lol.... anyway.. i hope you liked the clone version you tried, ohenry.

RO, dude.. i`m not too sure why you are saying that. i was growing mango haze 6-8 years ago. I have been naming it that for a while. I do not feel i need to change a name b/c somebody wants to sell something. Your mango haze looks cool, i just wanted to say it looks very much like something i am familiar with. I was posting Mango Haze shots on Overgrow long before I have ever heard from you or your version, or shanti and his version. I`m happy shanti decided to sell a "mango haze", i`m sure the name will sell. I called mine that because I had mango indica crossed with haze. i have been growing it for years and it is one of my favorites. also, have been calling it mango haze for personal use. why should i rename it? are you going to tell me i cant call a cannabis plant an indica or a sativa? or does somebody own that name too?

dont worry, i`ll post some shots of my mango haze soon. I KNOW you will be impressed. :headbange
I know your wrong. Matter of fact, your getting annoying. Where do you get off putting words into my mouth? I have no intention on telling you what to call your crosses. Call em flaming troll for all I care. Its up to you to know whether or not your working with sativas or indicas.. Im not calling anything but a spade a spade.
Again, for the record. I have no version, these were not mine. Im not trying to lay claim to anything, that's all you buddy. The pheno being pictured was from seeds bought from Shantibaba back from CW. All I did was pick my favorite. Others seem to enjoy her also. No ego here man, maybe you should start a seed company......
My "tone" in my first post was meant to inform, so there wasn't room for debate. I laid the facts out clear as day for you.
Hempy pokes holes in your supposed original "Mango Haze" breeding dates you claim & your suddenly have memory problems and it was now actually 3 years earlier. Whatever man, glad you joined the discussion here :bashhead:..
You dont come online in months and this is your welcome back party? Good luck with your 10,000 seeds.
:fsu:
All the best,
RO

G

This has got to be one of the most un-intentionally hilarious threads of all time. Just reading the absurd claims of psi, his ever evolving story and the systematic destruction of his story by hempy and roastedO is right up there with the all time best threads imo.