What's new

LVPK And Reclining Buddha RDWC

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
interesting idea,i bet something like that would work really well in a run to waste system.are you worried about the rockwool altering the pH?

nah the whole point is to keep rw wet so it will not create cord roots... the water will just drip down into the hydroton in the buckets... i bought everythign a day or two ago havent set it up yet....

i get 1gph timers and gonna set them up like one for 15 min a day...

i was thinking drippers good idea,,, if u use those ones that only release so much per hour u wouldnt have to use a different resevoir,,i would be more worried about tipping and them braeking than them drying out, but yeah think if they were dry how brittle and easy the roots would be to break,,,,
hey bro i would never rain on ur parade hell i would build a float for it,,, i am just giving ya my 2 cents,,,i hope it works out for ya for real who knows it might increase ur yield, and for real u know i hope it does,,,i am just worried about the structure and stability,,,peace
gotta suggestion,,,take 4 screws drill them around the edge of ur drip net rim take some chickin wire across top of rockwool in an pattern and hold the cubes down that way if they would fall over the wire would help hold the rockwool down keeping roots from breaking away as easily

Its funny cause i was hoping to use this as a double pot method and i thought it would increase stability and everyone is saying itll be more wobbly... im thinking with the water line raised that it will add stability as it will spider through out the hydroton and all the way around the net pot.... good idea with supporting the RW though... imay have to give it a go if i see them wobbling....

I think the dripper idea would rock. Once a day would keep the top of the hydroton and the rockwool moist but not drenched. the roost should also fill out the top of the hydroton better and keep the stem dry enough to avoid rott. If it works you could patent the first drdwc system. Drip rdwc. You need some of those block cap things for sure to keep the algae down untill the canopy fills out.

i appreciate the kind words but i doubt that im the first to run a system like this... its basically the same system im running but instead of feeding in the buckets id be top feeding... drippers in rock wool and ring drippers around plants that are just in hydroton....

when i first ran hydro i ran waterfarms and i thought of the whole dripper rockwool cap idea then about 8 months later i saw them in a magazine i was like dam thats a good idea lol,,,why didnt i call someone about it and patent that shit,,,lol,,,,peace

you know how many time i think of something like that and the next month or three i see it in stores lol... i could just go around making the current shit better... like a product tester lol...

YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT, KID

only way to see if it does what you're after or melts is to give it a whirl

both rooms are looking awesome, kudos

Yup yup and thats what im gonna do try it out see what happens... thanks for stopping in and the good comments bro well have another update soon here ive been alittle tired lately.... -=]

my bad bro but i learnd the hard way not halfing my 6'' rw and 4 and under i burry.but if its working for you good just be carful(not retard high)lol.peace hope u not going crazy with the gits

yea only thing we can do is see i guess... i really think itll work... but ive been wrong before :laughing:

dude the flower room is nuts lol insanity pure insanity

<===scratches head while gazing at rockwool boulders......

Yea it is man its really beautiful if i can get my base ment to stop flooding i could try and work on securing these girls up.... maybe you can take a day and help me??? i pay in smoke... all you can why you work!!!! -=P As for the rockwool i had the SB's root in 1" so i just said fuck it lets do this and got the big boys... gonna test out this and see how it does....

Looking good in here poopy, Giving the thread a bump

Thanks Blaze congrats on the MOD job!!! rooms coming along nicely and i appreciate the bump ive been alittle lazy lately... ill get pictures tomorrow night i think....

Yep man looking stellar, after starting the buckets myself i am not going back!

I need to make a thread..

Hell yea man make a thread i love checking out bucket systems especially when we all have similar gear....!!!

Do it, always nice to see some buckets rocking...

Yes....Yes it is!!!!

D

danimarie193

Poopy you have inspired me to build my own RDWC. How high should the water level be? I will try to get some pics up and any info you could throw my way is greatly needed.

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
Poopy you have inspired me to build my own RDWC. How high should the water level be? I will try to get some pics up and any info you could throw my way is greatly needed.

The water level should depend on how low you plant your plant... should be about 2 inches under your plants.... and depending on how you started them(ie ez cloner rw etc...) youll have to water accordingly until they hit the water....

any questions you have let me know its really pretty simple lots of parts and please do not try this with out a chiller... you may be able to get away with it or everything may die.....

D

danimarie193

I was thinking about the chiller but I am only setting up a 4 bucket system for the time being just to see if I can do it really. I thought once I added more buckets and a bigger pump I would need it. Right now there is only a 400 gph pump running and it seems to be doing fine.

D

danimarie193

Do you think it best to root clones in rw or can they just be moved over from the ezcloner? It seems like the cube would give the stem a little more support.

bobblehead

Veteran
So after watching your show for a minute... I decided I needed to be more like PTB and INVEST (whatup Miss B! lol) lots of money in equipment...

I picked up a 1/4hp chiller, dual stage controller, a dehuey, and AIR-2 night/day temp humidity controller...
3k13of3l95Y35O55W5b1ia125cc0905b11196.jpg

3k13p13o75Y55Q25W6b1i32f9174f62aa1eae.jpg

Just waiting to get the go ahead to move in...

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Do you think it best to root clones in rw or can they just be moved over from the ezcloner? It seems like the cube would give the stem a little more support.

I like them rooted in rapid rooters then moved to rockwool, but I have used rockwool only, and I've used EZ cloner to rock wool.

These are weeds so they'll try to grow big and strong no matter what the circumstances.

:joint:

D

danimarie193

Thanks hydrosun just when I thought I had soil down this thread made me want to get off my ass and try something new. If any of you guys have time check out the system I got together its in the thread in my sig. Thanks

D

danimarie193

Does anyone know if silicone would put anything into the water that could hurt the plants?

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran

i would prefer ez cloner but mine was on the shits when i took them clones so i went a different way lol....

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does anyone know if silicone would put anything into the water that could hurt the plants?

like silicone caulking? look for GE II or Dap pure silicone - it may mention 'aquarium safe' or similar on it. a lot of window/door/etc general use silicone caulk will have fungicide/algaecide in it...which is great for windows and doors, but something that kills algae wouldn't be what i'd want to pair with plants.

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
So after watching your show for a minute... I decided I needed to be more like PTB and INVEST (whatup Miss B! lol) lots of money in equipment...

I picked up a 1/4hp chiller, dual stage controller, a dehuey, and AIR-2 night/day temp humidity controller...
3k13of3l95Y35O55W5b1ia125cc0905b11196.jpg

3k13p13o75Y55Q25W6b1i32f9174f62aa1eae.jpg

Just waiting to get the go ahead to move in...

There we go bobblehead...!!!:dance013: nothing wrong with making shit better... you gonna setup some buckets for sure now eh??? cant wait to see them...

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran

can i ask you why you might use silicone? im gonna check out your sig in a second when i get a second but you shouldnt need any silicone... but to answer your question im gonna say no... but i could be wrong... what gdtrfb said!!! lol

bobblehead

Veteran
like silicone caulking? look for GE II or Dap pure silicone - it may mention 'aquarium safe' or similar on it. a lot of window/door/etc general use silicone caulk will have fungicide/algaecide in it...which is great for windows and doors, but something that kills algae wouldn't be what i'd want to pair with plants.

yeah that... Good for patching botched holes, ensuring a leak-tight seal with drippers... etc....

D

danimarie193

can i ask you why you might use silicone? im gonna check out your sig in a second when i get a second but you shouldnt need any silicone... but to answer your question im gonna say no... but i could be wrong... what gdtrfb said!!! lol

I just had a few leaks at the controll bucket.