What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lucky Dog Seed Co (SkunkVA)

kaneboy

Just grabbed pack of dog patch from breedersdirectseedco.com, so hard deciding which to buy want them all ,got a few chem fuego in veg right now very impressed

Minitiger

Minitiger angelhead did either of you end up popping twin peaks? Do you have journals going? SkunkVA's description of Chem Sis as the pretty sibling of Chem '91, crossed with the '91 BX, sounds like it might be ideal if you can find a pheno that leans toward the '91 in the high.

I ended up going with the Chem Fuegos for this run instead, along with Doc D’s Mexican Melon and Bodhi’s Black Triangle. Planted six Cf seeds, two didn’t germ (not blaming Skunk VA at all, it happens sometimes), ended up with three females. I just flipped them a week ago, on July 1. And yeah, I have a log on another site. If you Google something like “minitiger chem fuego grow report” I’m sure it’ll come right up. I’d post a link, but icmag doesn’t let you post links to other sites. Fucking stupid…

BobChronic6505

Twin peaks 1 week in 12/12

20220207_001703.jpg

angelhead

Minitiger angelhead did either of you end up popping twin peaks? Do you have journals going? SkunkVA's description of Chem Sis as the pretty sibling of Chem '91, crossed with the '91 BX, sounds like it might be ideal if you can find a pheno that leans toward the '91 in the high.

Sadly no. I decided to start my Chem journey with CSI's 91 S1s. Got 2 of those rolling now. They are shaping up nicely!

I'm still very interested in Twin Peaks though. Came back to see if anyone else had started them!

BobChronic6505

Here is another pheno I have that looks alot like the plants other users have posted. I assume this one may be a 91 leaner?? This one is 44 days flower.

20220324_222258.jpg

smells the same as the other pheno except this one is way louder with the sweet grape smell.

20220324_222348.jpg

This one is definitely alot more photogenic.

20220324_222419.jpg

This is like icmag photo of the month type bud

20220324_222411.jpg

20220324_222317.jpg

angelhead

Beautiful flowers there BobChronic6505 🤩 !

They look like Chem fam through and through, but with the ""sativa"" side amped up.

Makes sense considering the Sis and the 91 were the two keepers from the original/first pop of bagseeds.

Very excited to run these now.

Last edited:

kaneboy

I just grabbed a pack of chembrand ,Joe brands cut x chem 91bx3 from luckydog genetics and am wondering if anyone knows what chem jb cut is,could it be a sour d cut or chem 4 cut ,really interesting in chemdog history and can't find much about the cut .

BobChronic6505

so i sampled the 1st twin peaks pheno after only a week of drying, and damn i cant wait until its been dried and cured for a month because its super good right off the branch. The taste is really something else, something ive never really experienced before. Its like this thick creamy savory gas gravy thing that i cant really describe. Ive smoked on it on two separate occasions, its the perfect after dinner smoke. Seems to pair with food and tastes awesome. Buzz is nice and happy, very upflifting, mellow stone but yet mentally stimulating. Youll want some kind of mental stimulation after smoking this. It would be awesome ride around hot rodding music blasting smoke. I bet it would be awesome in a backwood. I am very pleased. 10/10 would recommend. If you care about bag appeal then this pheno wouldnt be for you as its airy and foxtaily, but the buzz is really something else and that gas gravy taste is amazing. 10/10 would recommend

kaneboy

Chem fuego grown in coco coir perlite mix
Greenplant dual fuel,massive and rezin nutes
Under viparspectra 1200 w led,first time led for flower still not sure about it,2nd run sunshine biscuits, dogpatch and diesel therapy next

Attachments

• 20211112_103909.jpg
    20211112_103909.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 161
  • 20211121_104932.jpg
    20211121_104932.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 170
  • 20220426_075644.jpg
    20220426_075644.jpg
    1,014.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 20220426_075650.jpg
    20220426_075650.jpg
    914 KB · Views: 125

Dean76

I just grabbed a pack of chembrand ,Joe brands cut x chem 91bx3 from luckydog genetics and am wondering if anyone knows what chem jb cut is,could it be a sour d cut or chem 4 cut ,really interesting in chemdog history and can't find much about the cut .
I've been researching this myself.. No one wants to be too specific about it, but lately i've been listening to some podcast and Notsodog was talking about Chemdog and the old days when he first received the Super Skunk plant which was apparently notorious to herm and throw pollen, and while Chemdog was growing Chem 91 it got seeded by Super Skunk. Then Chemdog got a bunch of seeds from it and decided to grow them and according to the potcast, Chemdog was so pleased with this cross that he liked some phenos better than the Chem 91 and rather grew them after. I've also heard a few cases from back in the day that Chemdog directly gave out cuts to people thinking they got the Chem 91, but it was later found out it was not the real Chem 91 but some heavy Chem 91 leaning pheno, probably from the Chem 91 x Super Skunk cross Chemdog kept growing. The jb cut was also first passed to Bodhi as Chem 91 and it went thru, first unnoticed, but some think it is some kind of sour diesel because comparing to the real Chem 91, the jb cut has more lanky looking structure and more noticeable citrus note with slightly better yield all of which Super Skunk could have contributed in the cross.
It would definitely be easier if someone from the circle spoke out about it...
Anyway how's the Chem Fuego? Smell, taste?

Last edited:

kaneboy

Thanks Dean76,I listened to that podcast with Matt and notsodog ,was interesting definitely.
All i can make out is much what you said ,some sort of sour cross,i will see next round when i grow some.
Now a few months in jars ,Chem fuego is very impressive.
Mine has a really fuely taste,with a strong chemmy backend to it ,keeps you licking your lips wanting more of that taste.
The high is awesome,puts me in a laughing mood and total relaxation, be great medicine for peeps with body issues.
Highly recommend trying this strain

angelhead

@angelhead how were those 91 s1's man??

One of them is probably the best plant I've ever grown, and the best smoke I've ever had. It's tied with a TK S1 that I grew in the same run.

It is rank as hell in the jar, and the smoke has a kushy, gassy base with something else on top. Hard to describe. I want to call it "chemmy" but before I grow/smoke more Chem genetics I'll hold off!

There is something savoury about it, like you described with yours. Meaty almost.

Potency-wise, it's very strong. I'm blessed to have the TK S1 to compare it to, which is also very strong. Definitely would not smoke this before dinner, lol. Really nice all-around buzz, both head and body.

10/10.

The other 91 S1 individual I had ended up not tasting like much. But it has similar potency.

I look forward to running the rest of the pack eventually, and I look forward to hunting through more Chems and Chem hybrids. From Skunk VA I've got Twin Peaks and Guerilla Fume. From CSI I've got Sherbert x Chem D and Notso Headband/LA Kush x Chem D, in addition to the rest of the 91 S1 pack.

Fun times!

Last edited:

BobChronic6505

One of them is probably the best plant I've ever grown, and the best smoke I've ever had. It's tied with a TK S1 that I grew in the same run.

It is rank as hell in the jar, and the smoke has a kushy, gassy base with something else on top. Hard to describe. I want to call it "chemmy" but before I grow/smoke more Chem genetics I'll hold off!

There is something savoury about it, like you described with yours. Meaty almost.

Potency-wise, it's very strong. I'm blessed to have the TK S1 to compare it to, which is also very strong. Definitely would not smoke this before dinner, lol. Really nice all-around buzz, both head and body.

10/10.

The other 91 S1 individual I had ended up not tasting like much. But it has similar potency.

I look forward to running the rest of the pack eventually, and I look forward to hunting through more Chems and Chem hybrids. From Skunk VA I've got Twin Peaks and Guerilla Fume. From CSI I've got Sherbert x Chem D and Notso Headband/LA Kush x Chem D, in addition to the rest of the 91 S1 pack.

Fun times!
That's a pretty awesome review man. If I could find a pack at a seed bank where I dont have to send cash I'd get a pack. Would you say it reminds you of dryer sheets? My 2nd twin peaks (the prettier one) has that gas and dryer sheet thing goin on. But chem crosses are the only bud I've grown where I felt like I actually got an enjoyable high. Chemdog will be a staple for me for a while I think

angelhead

That's a pretty awesome review man. If I could find a pack at a seed bank where I dont have to send cash I'd get a pack. Would you say it reminds you of dryer sheets? My 2nd twin peaks (the prettier one) has that gas and dryer sheet thing goin on. But chem crosses are the only bud I've grown where I felt like I actually got an enjoyable high. Chemdog will be a staple for me for a while I think

Lol I hadn't thought of it but I think you're bang-on with the "dryer sheet" analogy.

It also reminds me of car seat cleaner or something.

Latest posts

Latest posts