What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LSY's LED Scrog Grow Show with Re Veg's Going Outside

oldhaole

Veteran
Looks like ya got three ft outside to me....

If I remember correctly....I told you would get three ft on those...I got the jack me off smiley for my opinion.

So I told ya so....with groundhogs and all.

Lookin good LSY.

LetsSeeYa

Looks like ya got three ft outside to me....

No man i didn't get the 3' i wanted, if you go back you will see that the woodchuck won in the end. I had one left around the corner in the last years Edna hole, which i never thought it would travel to, but i was wrong. It grew up to about 2'.5'' and the bastard chewed the stem, but was still able to uptake water. Then after some nice branches grew out the damn thing chewed it in half and i found it laying on the ground with the nice green UN touched. So i did not get a re veg off this year, sucks, i luv the re veg's.

If I remember correctly....I told you would get three ft on those...I got the jack me off smiley for my opinion.

Not this time bro, i was gifted the one posted and then the other i took from the tent, its a WW x PH, which looks oh so gorgeous. Hell if i had not seen how the buds look like in the tent (last page pic's), id keep her as a house plant:dance013:She is about 3' with buds all over as im feeding it well:)with a impressive cola, which i put it in a place in hopes it finishes a bit early. It gets dark in its hole before the other two Sativas that are not real big, but packing on the buds big time! The better of the two is not yet pictured, il work on that.

So I told ya so....with groundhogs and all.

So because you didn't go back a couple pages, you dont get the ''jack me off smiley'', but you did at least finally look at my thread i will not give ya the ''moon'' smiley ass, lol. But without the woodchuck, yep i would have got to 4' and maybe 5', only cuz im good with the re veg's. I say this with lots of confidence even tho iv only had one good re veg grow, that really never had its time to shine with 2 rip's. And most taken early, sucked.

But as iv grown lots of plants in my life and understanding the basics, i think the re veg technique is easy. Most of the plants were Bonsai trees, but it did help and Rusty laid out the basic part of it all. I just think out the box so i chucked them outside, which atm, i thought i was the only one that ever tried this, till i saw your big ass monsters. And you were the first to say they would get that big:) i was thinking small bushes, but no. I freaked all summer after the chopper flew over, but never came back. But i have only a small crop as the re veg's didn't make it, but was gifted 6 of the sativas, which 4 went male so only 3 and not big. But the gifter has em at 15' tied down, but he's been at it 20 years and i cant get him to go big with me on a future venture. Id like about 10 re veg's scattered all over, which would be one big yield, you know. I plan to re veg my Indica's and hopefully he will put them out as my time here is limited.

Lookin good LSY.

Thanks bro, im glad you finally made it to the thread, finally, lol.:thank you:

LSY

LetsSeeYa

Here is the better of the two Sativa's, i couldn't find in the outside post pic's i took. I am sorry about the quality, but it looks better then the other one. Its not big, maybe 5', but getting heavy buds building up while iv been hitting it hard with the nutes. After this month i will stop feeding all of them that are outside and only give molasses and water.

LSY

Attachments

• OG18/SKUNK
    OG18/SKUNK
    95.4 KB · Views: 12
Not sure if a wall scrog would help in your situation, but I had installed this 6 inch steel grid for some Thai I was flowering indoors. It's the reinforcement grid for reinforced concrete slabs. Was tilting the 1000w HPS to face more twords the wall instead of directly down on the plants. Then, I twist tied the growing tips and branches back-n-forth, down-n-over... I did find out that Thai is better suited outdoors... :eek: I took 'em to about 13 weeks, but was really backing-up my veg closet. They could have gone another 6 or 8 weeks I'll bet. Longest branches, if straighteded-out would have been about 8 feet from top of rootball.

Second photo is a mom, dad (in the isolation booth) and clones...
(a nice family photo of the PokerFace clan)

Red photo's are a bit rough for seeing detail, but they look good. (I think...)

Attachments

• Transplanted Today.jpg
    Transplanted Today.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Mom with Clones_1024x768.jpg
    Mom with Clones_1024x768.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 9

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Not sure if a wall scrog would help in your situation, but I had installed this 6 inch steel grid for some Thai I was flowering indoors. It's the reinforcement grid for reinforced concrete slabs. Was tilting the 1000w HPS to face more twords the wall instead of directly down on the plants. Then, I twist tied the growing tips and branches back-n-forth, down-n-over... I did find out that Thai is better suited outdoors... :eek: I took 'em to about 13 weeks, but was really backing-up my veg closet. They could have gone another 6 or 8 weeks I'll bet. Longest branches, if straighteded-out would have been about 8 feet from top of rootball.

Second photo is a mom, dad (in the isolation booth) and clones...
(a nice family photo of the PokerFace clan)

Red photo's are a bit rough for seeing detail, but they look good. (I think...)

Holly crap a Rusty Post! :wave:

LetsSeeYa

Man i took a peek at the outdoor plants nd im freaking seeded up! Not a ton of them, but all do have seed pods growing here an there, im pissed. Last year i think from everything i got, i maybe found 4 seeds, i got a grower that cant tell male/female plants growing around me someplace.

I did have 2 Blueberry males, but no flowers were open when i cut um down. But if it is the BB that crossed my WW x PH, im thinking it could be a good thing as this plant was from the tent to outside to make more room. And i was curious just what it would do for me. It has a big ass cola, i would say 10'', which is sweet as the plant is only about 3' tall and im over guessing that tall of a plant.

I bought a new camera the other day so when it gets here il be posting sweet pic's. Also i plan to take a partial harvest from the tent. I really dont think i cant get that top cola of the Indica any bigger. At least i havent seen such difference in a while now so if i go in and take it, the other buds will get all the attention and bigger. Then of course il re veg the best 2 of the 2 in the tent for clones. Then i want to see how she does outside, im not sure this has ever been grown outside, i guess i will have to find out.

Peace to ya all and thanks for stopping in this thread. I know its not half as good without the re veg's, but as this is my 2nd go round in the tent im happy with the grow. At least it is much better then last round so im getting better each try. Next round will be from clone, which im thinking lots with a short veg time if any at all, but we shall see. I do change my mind a lot, lol.

LSY

oldhaole

Veteran
Wow... Rusty lives!

LSY...you should be honered that Rusty is peeking over your shoulder.

Now what's up with those fuckin seeds? Better find out which idiot around you is growing fags/males. Or if they are comming off one of yours? It won't stop til you find out where the pollen is comming from. Last year partner had a branch fag on him, missed it, and seeded his entire crop. Look upwind for your answers.

I don't think they came from your BB. You cut those before anything opened right?

This year I had a 9 footer with one male flower on it. One. Uno. Get your head in the plants and have a good look. Take your time and find that male flower. If your seeding up quickly, my guess is it isn't far away.

Also I wouldn't use those seeds. You have no idea who daddy is. And if daddy is a fag, so will a lot of your next crop be, if you use those seeds.....

Just here to spread some sunshine.

LetsSeeYa

Wow... Rusty lives!

LSY...you should be honered that Rusty is peeking over your shoulder.

Well i am, but then i sorta recruited him to come over here,lol.

Now what's up with those fucking seeds? Better find out which idiot around you is growing fags/males. Or if they are comming off one of yours? It won't stop til you find out where the pollen is comming from. Last year partner had a branch fag on him, missed it, and seeded his entire crop. Look upwind for your answers.

Yep i know where it came from. I got seeded last year, but only a few were found. I took care of my males as soon as i saw them, with not one flower open, period. Its not real bad, but worse then last year i think. And your right on, it up wind. I ask him 3 times about males from my experience from last year, but last year i found maybe 10, this year i think more. I know where its coming from for sure man.

I don't think they came from your BB. You cut those before anything opened right?

Hell yeah, im no foo bro, but if there was a rain it would have only got the one cross as the others are up wind! That tells me where it came from.

This year I had a 9 footer with one male flower on it. One. Uno. Get your head in the plants and have a good look. Take your time and find that male flower. If your seeding up quickly, my guess is it isn't far away.

Happen over a week. I would say about 400 yards away. When i took my males it was 95 degrees so that should have killed them off pretty fast. Now i a flower opened or we got a rain, which i would bank that we didn't, i might have got it then. But not this frickin week, no way. So im thinking a male was missed late, but then cut only because i dont see a bunch, just one here and there. But just like last year man. Really pissed me of to see them now as i never saw but one last year before harvest.

Also I wouldn't use those seeds. You have no idea who daddy is. And if daddy is a fag, so will a lot of your next crop be, if you use those seeds.....

I am 100 percent sure that they came from the same source!

Just here to spread some sunshine.

Well i got it bro, nice and sunny day bro. Its been pretty shitty. I hit them last night and now some sun to make um big my friend. The cross has a beauty of a cola and didn't see any seed pods in it, but that would be some damn good luck to not have any in the cola. I tried the same stuff out of the tent last night. Tried a half a doobie at 11pm, woke up this morning with lights on and TV. I dont remember a thing after 11;30, but i feel great now:dance013:

LSY

Tried a half a doobie at 11pm, woke up this morning with lights on and TV. I dont remember a thing after 11;30, but i feel great now

So....I'm not the only guy thats happened to?! :)

LetsSeeYa

Tried a half a doobie at 11pm, woke up this morning with lights on and TV. I dont remember a thing after 11;30, but i feel great now

So....I'm not the only guy thats happened to?! :)

Well im thinking its as good as i want it maybe. Legs were killing me last night while i watched my Dolphins (lost) so a couple hits wouldn't hurt right? Well i missed the half and woke to 2 scores i missed, with 8 min. left in the 3rd quarter:faint:. This was the WW x PH:covereyes:. I think this will be the last call stuff for sleepin. Yeah, its great or pain, but when your not CONSCIOUS, you have no pain:fright:. My other goes right to the pain yet keeps me going at least till i choose, but still wicked. And i have one of those cross plants outside, i may just keep that in case i ever need surgery:smoky: Shew-wee-boss..............

LSY

LetsSeeYa

Pic update of outside and first harvest pic's grown under the LED's

Pic update of outside and first harvest pic's grown under the LED's

Here are better pics i took with my new camera, sweet i luv it.:dance013:

First pics are the cross that i took out of the tent. Shows the plant and its nice looking cola looking nice so far. I freaking luv how this plant is growing with buds at the same size from the top of the plant to the bottom, sorta looks like she's gotta skirt on, lol. And if it turns out as good as the indoor, il be very happy.

Then the outdoor Sativa's, which i tried to show plant one and two along with the top buds. And if you look close i bent the second plants branches, here and there to see if i could improve up-take to create bigger buds. This plant was posted 1st, with close-ups after. But you can see the difference in bud size as plant one, posted 2nd has a nice bunch of buds, but not as big as 2nd plant. But i still have time and feed every week to build up the buds. Lets hope they get a hell of a lot bigger then these.

I took a first harvest from the tent as i usually do, because i re veg most plants i can. Plus i can fatten up some buds before trimming it to re veg. Two plants were not touched yet as one needs to fill in as the buds are a bit airy. But what iv dried and tried is very firm and nice and potent. They have been filling in the past couple weeks, but dont think if ever posted this plant yet, but i will soon.

I hope you enjoy as i am. I have had better yields each grow, but no clue of actual wight. Now lets see how the pics look with the new camera, i really like it.

LSY

Attachments

• 9 14 sativa 2  top.jpg
    9 14 sativa 2 top.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 9 14 indoor 1st take.jpg
    9 14 indoor 1st take.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 9 14 sativa 1 cola.jpg
    9 14 sativa 1 cola.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 6
  • 9 14 sativa 1.jpg
    9 14 sativa 1.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 9 14 sativas 2 top.jpg
    9 14 sativas 2 top.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 9 14 Sativa 2.jpg
    9 14 Sativa 2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 9 14 cross cola.jpg
    9 14 cross cola.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 9 14 cross.jpg
    9 14 cross.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 10

LetsSeeYa

very cool :good:

no scales ???

keep us updated :tiphat:

I just have these ol school postal scales, i have had for close to 15 years. But its not all dry yet and i havent even taken all of what i have in the tent yet. But il let the other stuff fatten up a bit and 2 plants havent been touched yet. So il try and get something at some point, but its not something i need to know really. I do know that this grow is better then my last with one less plant im thinking. But il try and get something.

I like to re veg any plant i can, i think its a waste not to. You get more on the re veg and way more i you can put them outside.

Here is a couple of pic's of whats still in the tent, one not shown. I took them in B/W so they would be easier to see under the
LED's.

Thanks for stopping my friend:wave:

LSY

Attachments

• 9 14 1.jpg
    9 14 1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 9 14 2.jpg
    9 14 2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 7

LetsSeeYa

those buds are starting to add bulk now ;)

Wow man, i wouldn't have thought you could tell with the b/w pics. I was pumped to let you guys know how much they have puffed up, but while takin a nap yesterday, i got a call that woke me up, thinkin im tryin to get the damn flu or some shit. Well as i was up i thought i better check em as the one on the right in b/w pretty much needs fed or watered everyday. I think because my pots are so damn small or just needs it because of all the buds growing up all 5 branches. And taking the top most biggest buds, the smaller ones are reaping all the juice.

I was going to stop feeding them and only give molasses and water, but i think i may hit them one or two times before going back to just the water and molasses. But when i did look yesterday, i was really surprised that the Indica in front i took the inside part of the plant, the other 6 ta 10 smaller buds really got a nice puff-up after i took that big bulk of buddage at the top. This one will be great to re veg:dance013:. I smoked a joint of it last night and really liked it, after a half all my pain was gone, which only certain strains give me this good of relief.

As always, thanks again for stopping in with your 2 cents my friend:wave:

Huh,.... Never thought to take B/W pics under the LED, neat!

Buds are lookin good brotherman! :good:

Yeah man, i took a regular pic and you couldn't even make out what the hell it was so i thought id try it. I took one and thought, hell at least people would be able to make out the mass of the bud in the pic's.

If i could i would take them out of the tent, but the way its set up, its a real bitch and im always afraid im going to drop one. The tent is raised up on boxes, which helps some, but if i could roll under it, it would be much better. I am not sure what im going to do when i move, but first thing i get after the two Sativas are finished is a carbon filter. I am thinking about getting a cab, which i would run the LED's vertical. A tall one like one i use now for other shit. I would put the LED's in the corners and then use chicken wire or something close to it, but only to put a x-mas tree turner inside so the plant would keep the plant moving always. But im just kicking this around as they flowered out my NL#5, aka '' 3 Headed Monster'', its in my album, but i think you saw it. The LED's worked great running vertical, because it opens up the plant as it grows to the lights. Once it would reach the fencing i would just use ties to keep the light penetrating.

What do you guys think?

And same to you my brotha, thanks for keeping this thread alive. I really appreciate it muchly!:dance013:

I am new to this camera so i will be posting much better pic's that are bigger tonight. I choose the '' computer setting'', but had no clue they would be that damn small. The cross is such a beauty of a plant. I just luv how it grows from the top to the bottom with a skirt like growth all around the bottom, plus il take a Can or something for size comparison. I know you like that Canni as i do the same. Just gives it more of of an idea to size.

Have ya been able to hit yours with any nutes lately? Its helped my late planting, it will help yours im sure, but how long can you leave it out before frost gets to bad? Im taking mine into Nov. because i am able to, thank god for that.

LSY

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i might try running one light vertical on each side of the tent and pointed towards the center.

of course you have to be able to vent these on the end so it would have to be hung.

also, if you had 4 lights they could be put vertical in the center of plants and almost cover a full circle. i'd like try that someday. ;)

LetsSeeYa

Outside pics only this post,..............

Outside pics only this post,..............

Here are the outside plants i have, which needs a lot more time to get what i need.

The first pic's are of the cross i had taken from the tent. Its doing well, building up buds from the top down as you see. Then i got the top cola, that im hoping gets much bigger. Got at least a month depending on the weather.

Then Sativa one plant as it leans back for every bit of sun it can catch, its going after. It was growing the opposite way before i saw it on this day. I took a cola pic on this plant too, just trying to give some sorta idea just how along they are doing. Still gotta month at least. As these two were put in way late and am glad i was gifted them, but will streach out my outdoor season for sure. But i gotta do what i gotta do:comfort:

Then the Sativa two, which is very different. I bent branches to see if the method would give me bigger buds. It was a bit late so some pretty much hung there, but i just duct tape them for support. So the first Sativa was untouched and the second was bent and pinched. I took a couple pics of the buds on the second Sativa too.

I just want to see which plant will give more and so far it looks like Sativa 1, but the other, ''Sativa 2'' has bigger buds so i guess im going to have to wait for awhile. Last pic is the cola of the Sativa 1, now the other Sativa has bigger over all buds, but no big top cola. Instead number two has bigger spread out buds so im not sure which will win the yield war. All were fed today with a very hight P fert my friend gave me, i dont use MG much, but he is saying it should build the buds. I do use some of the Fox Farm too, but only about once after 2 MG feedings.

What do you guys think?:wave:

I may have over did it on the size as its been a 1/2 hour now and still waiting for the pic's to load. But it resizes the pic's i thought?

Worked, but not the size i wanted them to be. If ya all have a good speed, open up a few, they look sweet, IMHO:dance013:

LSY

Attachments

• 9 18 sativa 2 bud.jpg
    9 18 sativa 2 bud.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 9 18 sativa 2.jpg
    9 18 sativa 2.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 9 18 sativa 1 top.jpg
    9 18 sativa 1 top.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 9 18 sativa 1.jpg
    9 18 sativa 1.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 7
  • 9 18 cross cola.jpg
    9 18 cross cola.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 9 18 cross cola 1.jpg
    9 18 cross cola 1.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 9 18 cross.jpg
    9 18 cross.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 9 18 sativa cola.jpg
    9 18 sativa cola.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 9

LetsSeeYa

looking good dude :tiphat:

Thanks man, i sure am working on them, thats for sure. Iv been hitting them once a week, but might try twice a week for two weeks, then water and molasses till they need to be taken before the frost hits.

Thanks for stopping:tiphat:

LSY

Latest posts

Latest posts