What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LSY's LED Scrog Grow Show with Re Veg's Going Outside

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
That's a hard one,..... I've kept a couple seeds this round as mothers for the strains instead of cloning and flowering the seeds,..... but shit this is taking for EVER!!!! First gotta wait for em to sex, then gotta root the clones,.... then let the clones vege in before flowering em,.... meanwhile the seedgrown mother is getting big and would almost be done flowering....... :eek::

Give your babies a short sleep cycle, even if your only switching to 20-4, that'll help em show sex a bit quicker, and in my uneducated opinion softens the shock of transition to 12/12.

LetsSeeYa

That's a hard one,..... I've kept a couple seeds this round as mothers for the strains instead of cloning and flowering the seeds,..... but shit this is taking for EVER!!!! First gotta wait for em to sex, then gotta root the clones,.... then let the clones vege in before flowering em,.... meanwhile the seedgrown mother is getting big and would almost be done flowering....... :eek::

Give your babies a short sleep cycle, even if your only switching to 20-4, that'll help em show sex a bit quicker, and in my uneducated opinion softens the shock of transition to 12/12.

Yeah Canni, i thought about giving them 24hrs of dark and then go 18/6 for a week. This should trip sex no problem and your right i think it is less stress on the 12/12 flip. Like i had said, i really dont use 24/0 but got behind and tried to push them. But il never run 24/0 again, i think 18/6 has given me more females and growth in 18/6.

My first run inside was 18/6 cycle and got 5 out of 6 girls, but could have been lucky? But i think this cycle gives the plants some rest time. A friend is going to give me a couple to put out and i might just take a few cuts a put them in my cloner. Its only a 5 site EZ cloner, but might get a 1/2oz per plant, if i shoot for small colas only. Cant hurt anything to try. Sucks cuz the outdoor helps set up the indoor with supply's. I need a carbon filter bad, cuz when they start to flower, they smell when a person walks in the house. And the grow is way in back.

Peace bro,

LSY

LetsSeeYa

Well now good news, which has not been knocking on this door. A friend gifted me a few plants that are big enough that the groundhog messed with, but not much so we shall see here in the next couple days.

You might ask, ''why plant there'' its a killer spot is why. And it is surrounded by growth under cover, but gets sun from 1-2 pm to sun set. The plants were about 3' tall and the groundhog messed with it a bit, but like i said big enough for it to lose interest and move on. I put the others in other holes iv used last year.

I will post when i get a bit of growth on em:jump:

Still have the one re veg kicking and i hope to have screen soon:ying:

LSY

LetsSeeYa

Update w/ pic's. Plus a question or two please?

Update w/ pic's. Plus a question or two please?

Here she is, the grow that never lived up to the titles name:violin:

Well all re veg's were defeated by the ground hog, nothing i could do. And if you look at my last year re veg's you would understand, but the gifted plants are at about 5' with plenty of time to get a ok outside yield.

But these are what iv been spending time on lately. They are 9 days in 12/12 and man the stretch was more then i expected. I am about
6'' away from my LED's and temps inside the tent are pretty high. I dont have the venting that i should have and mother nature has kept ambient temps above 90 the last month and a half:mad:. I do have a fan running 24/0 across the bottoms of the pots, but keeps them pretty thirsty. I will put some paper plates over the pots today i hope to help keep them from drying out so fast.

The first two plants are very potent Indica's, which i was gifted, but told not to reveal what they are so i cant say. But know they will be great for the pain i smoke to help with, but have not grown one yet. The other two are WW x PH. All plants look healthy and are continuing to grow bud sites. My only issue is i was told to keep the lights at 18'', but as you see they look fine, at least to me.

One other thing is i wonder if i raised my lights, it may help with side branching with the lights reflecting off the inside of the tent? If anyone has advise here please chime in as this is my 2nd run with this set up.

Once the outdoor Sativa's get big i will post them. I think they will get really big as the donor gets 15' ters so i will bend them over:spank:and watch the branch growth find the sun and bud all up. Then i will let them loose to grow straight back up. I have done this last year with my first ever Purple, but it was ripped off by my so called partner, fucker! This would have been my best plant id ever grown, not counting the re veg's.

Well i would luv some feed back as im trying to keep them cooler with a fan inside sucking air from outside the tent, but its freaking over 90 degrees:toohot:. I do have a frozen thing you put around your neck when hot, you get it wet then freeze it, but i put it behind the fan to pull the cool air in. Only thing i could think of without spending cash, not an option.

Thanks for stopping, have a :peek: and any help would be great!

LSY

Attachments

• 8 1 double header.jpg
    8 1 double header.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Purp 8 1.jpg
    Purp 8 1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 8 1 WW X PH.jpg
    8 1 WW X PH.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 8 1 WW X PH 2.jpg
    8 1 WW X PH 2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 9

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
topping the plants will force more side branching.

i can't remember if you have any odor control or not, but if not, why not get rid of the tent until temps cool down?

does the tent have the capability of venting at the top? is there a way to mount your fan up there to exhaust and use a passive intake down low? don't know if the tent has such options, but i would think it would...

LetsSeeYa

topping the plants will force more side branching.

I have topped most, but the one strain just took off again. I want to re pot and top the one thats really stretching so much its messing up the canopy. Its the WW x PH that really is doing most of the stretching, the other two look good as im thinking im not going to get good branch growth in less i lower the plants from the lights.

i can't remember if you have any odor control or not, but if not, why not get rid of the tent until temps cool down?

Thats my big issue, i have no oder control at all. It would have been my last piece of equipment, but ran outta cash. Its on my list of things to get, thats for sure.

If i had a safe place i would take them out, but thats why i bought the tent. I should have got my venting and filter next i guess, but went with nutes and a Ph pen i never use. Just havent had to, they have grown healthy from seed.

does the tent have the capability of venting at the top? is there a way to mount your fan up there to exhaust and use a passive intake down low? don't know if the tent has such options, but i would think it would...

I will be moving in a couple months so i will need to get my venting and a carbon filter before i can grow. So i will be looking to get the right materials before i grow in the tent again. I am getting nice buds on the Indica's that are close to a dime in only 11 days in 12/12. I need to find out how long she runs. Also, i am
worried about the stink when they really start to get bigger buds.

I do open the tent while the lights are on, plus a bit of water keeps them happy at least up to this point. I feed about every 3rd day, using E&J nutes, which i think the plants really like it and have had very few problems. I give a bit of extra K every two or three feedings and has kept them in great shape. So far i like the nutes.

Thanks for popping in man, i think with the re veg's gone and no scrog has killed any traffic in here.

Thanks for keeping up bro:tiphat:

LSY

LetsSeeYa

They are WEX-C150 LED Grow Lighting *. If ya check out GP's thread, he has a great veggy grow under one bar, looking great.

I am running the full spectrum and the blue, red and far reds, but GP is doing great with only the red, far red and blue bar. His peppers are growing like mad, im going to try some maters this winter, cant wait. If ya need more info one of us can point ya where its all at, but watching his and my grow should show how well they go.................

Peace

LSY

Last edited by a moderator:

GP73LPC

Veteran
LSY,
I am also using the full spectrum, in fact, i just bought a second one.

@Desert Dan,
the GG lights are the same. they are from the same chinese manufacturer, different importer...

Last edited by a moderator:

LetsSeeYa

LSY,
I am also using the full spectrum, in fact, i just bought a second one.

Cool GP, i thought you only had the red's and blue, but was going to get the full spectrum, but didn't know you had got it, cool beans man:) They work great together dont they. I vegged with the full spec. light to save a few bucks, but could have used both and cut the time in half so i really didn't save a thing. So ya have 2 full and the reds and blue now?

If so your rocking now bro. I couldn't believe how much the reds and blue helped growth, but i have one that is almost touching the light im topping again today. They sure grow fast dont they?

Il check out your thread, i havent had much time on line lately.

LSY

GP73LPC

Veteran
no, no, i don't have 3, only 2 of the full spectrum. i don't have the red/blue.

in fact, when recently speaking to stra8outtaweed, he thought the full spectrum provided better overall response with the two reds 630nm and 660nm, over the reds 630nm in the red/blue light. but, from just reading your first post its sounds like your red/blue is a far red/red/blue (660nm, 630nm, 460nm), is that true? i know these can be custom ordered to anything you want if you wanna buy 4 of them...

either way, i am more than certain the reds and blues most definitely add to bigger, frostier buds. i know stra8outtaweed uses a combination of the full and blue/reds...

i went with a second full spectrum, because i really like it's performance for all stages of a plants life. it does well with seedlings, clones, vegging and flowering. i didn't so much want to add to my current garden with this new light, but expand my garden with the second light ;)

LetsSeeYa

Ok so i really thought i had the far red's in the red/blue spectrum light, but just reds/blues. My bad, i thought they came that way, but i assumed and ya know what they say about ''assume'' ing shit. LOL.

Thanks for setting me stra8....................

I did some defoliation technique on my plant to get better penetration. You should read the thread, it look promising, but i guess we shall see. I will try and get pics later to show how many fan's i took. But if it does what it should, it give an alternative to the scrog. The thread is huge and shows very huge buds and gives great penetration to lower bud sites.

One plant looks like it could be one big ass bud as it has flowers all over it, but was shaded big time so with what i did, they now should get plenty of direct light. I was hesitant till i read the thread. If ya have time check it out, its really interesting read and could help when ya get to grow any meds.

The veggy's look great, i gotta give it a try once i move.

LSY

LetsSeeYa

Not sold on defoliation, gimme a link to the thread so I can read it.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=174163&highlight=Defoilation

Hey bro, i didn't myself as a friend told me to pull all big fans and im like, FTW? I was gifted the outdoor stuff that gave me 2 outta 8 girls, yeah i was pissed, but put one in the ground from the tent. So that leaves me 4 in the tent, not counting the big ass top i cut and stuck in root tone and watered with a cloning solution for my cloner.

So it was the gifter that told me about the technique, but i argued my point that he was crazy. Now he grows killer monster plants so i had to look it up at least. The above link is what i found and in the pic's is what i did. I figured that it could really improve my yield with the LED's. It was the thread that made me go off on a few plants, including my favorite so we shall see. The thread really blew me away with proof of pic's and the number of peep's using it. I will be pissed if it all go's bad tho. But i could hit the yield i want without doing the scrog, then it makes life easy for me:blowbubbles:

Here is a couple pics of the plant i took most of the big fans off. And then a shot of the tent, which are not very good pic's, my bad. The camera doesnt really work well at all and i was surprised i got the pic's at all. Check out the link bro, i read a great quote that said its all about ''nature vs science-maybe, lol i forgot the second half, isn't the leaf thats for sure, lol.

Check it out man, its a interesting thread and could really help me. My first grow in the tent wasn't impressive so we shall see the difference in the two grows. Different genetics and nutes, but penetration is what im after so we shall see. Im sure there will be stress, but this plant is growing as vigorous as any iv seen. I will see today how she's doing and will attempt a few pics in about 5 days or so. Sink or swim man, but with a weak outdoor, i needed something good to happen.

Keep er green guys, thanks for stopping guys:thank you:

LSY

Attachments

• tent 3 8.jpg
    tent 3 8.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 11
  • pf 3 8 closer.jpg
    pf 3 8 closer.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 10
  • pf 3 8.jpg
    pf 3 8.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 7

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Interesting read, (Aside from the huge shitstorm derailment about hermies,) Still seeing mixed results thru out at a glance tho, So I'll watch and see what you get here.

On a Word of mouth story that I was told by an old hippy, He did the defoliation thing to a random volunteer plant in his back yard, picking and smoking leaves thru the growing season, and by the first frost it was cola's the size of his arm,...... Bullshit? Hearsay? Don't know, His story supports it, but my gut say's otherwise.

Honestly, your girls under the LED aren't looking too bad, I've read, and experienced about a 20% drop in yield under LED vs HID, however, the LED of the strains that I did were slightly more potent and tastier. Currently, my LED is back in its box, likely to never see use again for cannabis, tho it might be an option for starting next years pepper garden since the peppers seemed to love the spectrum.

Keep it PURPLE bro!!!! :respect:

LetsSeeYa

Interesting read, (Aside from the huge shitstorm derailment about hermies,) Still seeing mixed results thru out at a glance tho, So I'll watch and see what you get here.

Man i really expected to see much of nothing but some stress the day after i took all the fans or most of them. But the plant exploded with bud growth. No shit man, i will try and get pic's, but like i said the camera needs replaced and is very difficult to use at all. I was going to wait at least 5 days, but the growth is noticeable now and you should be able to tell, if you open up the pic and zoom in on her. But the other plant, which is the same genetics is not looking as nice, but it was that twin i thought, which i should have topped it again. So this one may be a bust, will see.

On a Word of mouth story that I was told by an old hippy, He did the defoliation thing to a random volunteer plant in his back yard, picking and smoking leaves thru the growing season, and by the first frost it was cola's the size of his arm,...... Bullshit? Hearsay? Don't know, His story supports it, but my gut say's otherwise.

Dude i was thinking the same thing as you, but with a low fem to male ratio outside, i has to make a move to increase yield. And once i read that thread i jumped on it and am feeling good about it now, but i have a way to go.

Honestly, your girls under the LED aren't looking too bad, I've read, and experienced about a 20% drop in yield under LED vs HID, however, the LED of the strains that I did were slightly more potent and tastier. Currently, my LED is back in its box, likely to never see use again for cannabis, tho it might be an option for starting next years pepper garden since the peppers seemed to love the spectrum.

Man ya might try both at the same time, iv been told by Stra8 that both used together will rock. He thought i should run a 400hps, but with my heat in the tent now, it would never happen. Maybe outside the tent. Look over that link in more detail, i know its huge, but i got through all of it before i was going to chop. I felt the same way you did, but after just one day, i got more growth then 3 or 4 days worth before i copped them. I never would have believed it myself, thats why i know you need that pic today, lol. Luv the keeping it Purple! Mind if i use it? Thanks for stopping bro:dance013:

Keep it PURPLE bro!!!! :respect:

LSY

LetsSeeYa

Here are the pics i tried to post the other day. Now i took them on the 13th, which was one day after i took the fans, but most info is in the post above.

Now i took a bunch of fans from a WW x Purple Haze and the buds the next day on top doubled in size. Also the nodes where i took fans have buds growing and by keeping track of them, iv seen them grow more so after i took the fans. So i am really buying into the defoliation method more each day. I just hope i dont end up with all Hermie's at harvest time. Now i will not take anymore fans unless they are really blocking out light directly to a bud that IMO will get nice and fat:dance013:

Here is the growth over night! Lets hope it continues:blowbubbles:

LSY

Attachments

• 8 13 2 DAYS AFTER.jpg
    8 13 2 DAYS AFTER.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 8 13 CLONE.jpg
    8 13 CLONE.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 8 13 middle growth.jpg
    8 13 middle growth.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 8 13 most growth here.jpg
    8 13 most growth here.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 8 13 SAME GENETICS.jpg
    8 13 SAME GENETICS.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 10

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I can see the promise of it, when you cut the food factory's off of any plant that has this kind of growth structure it's gonna make em want to sprout new leaves faster, ie, more branching and seemingly accelerated growth. My question is the actual benefit vs the stress on the plant.

They seem happy with you ATM tho, Keep it purple! :D

LetsSeeYa

Did one that now has doubled its size in bud and man hey look purdy! I will do my best to get a pic up tonight. Its all for better yield, because i could not get a screen. I am working on that now tho,

Thanks Canni,

LSY

Latest posts

Latest posts