What's new

LSWM's 3k Vert Donut's @ 7000ft!

LSWM

Those Marconi's are pretty good. Real long red heirloom sweet peppers. Just don't kiss it.

Yeah they are. My buddy I got them from run an organic farm and has a grip of them. Picked up some when I picked up the seedlings. Traded a couple baby Haze for them. Haha, love the barter system.

LSWM

I get those on my peppers too man. Think it's heat bumps from too warm rootzone.
I only usually get it on my potted peppers when we have 100f+ weather.

They are in the same room as my flowering ladies. 68-75*F 40-50% humidity. They are in pots though.

LSWM

I'm randomly browsing ICMag, check out MBFerts and boom. $200 8 inch HO maxfan 940CFM. I can't seem to find it on CanFan's website. It must be new... Most retailers have it closer to $300.

I'm wondering about their hormone booster as well...

Last edited:

Miraculous Meds

I'm randomly browsing ICMag, check out MBFerts and boom. $200 8 inch HO maxfan 940CFM. I can't seem to find it on CanFan's website. It must be new... Most retailers have it closer to $300.

My 8" HO are less cfm than that, those must be a new model.

LSWM

My 8" HO are less cfm than that, those must be a new model.

Yeah in hindsight, I was a bit too high and excited... I mean yeah it's more CFM, but I already have 4 inlines... 2 6" HO, 1 8inch HO, and a 8" MAXFAN. The MAXFAN is the quietest... technically... It's also the whiniest, high pitched, and in the immediate vicinity, the loudest of them all. I guess on the outside of a building it is probably the quietest. High frequencies don't penetrate nearly as well as low frequencies.

Miraculous Meds

Yeah in hindsight, I was a bit too high and excited... I mean yeah it's more CFM, but I already have 4 inlines... 2 6" HO, 1 8inch HO, and a 8" MAXFAN. The MAXFAN is the quietest... technically... It's also the whiniest, high pitched, and in the immediate vicinity, the loudest of them all. I guess on the outside of a building it is probably the quietest. High frequencies don't penetrate nearly as well as low frequencies.

Duct mufflers, and insulated ducting do help with the noise.

twist1uc

I'm wondering about their hormone booster as well...

Not sure about the fans, but MBFerts are some good people. Tom is a straight shooter (which I like).

twist1uc

Which products have you used, and how did you like them?

I had already bought CC nutes elsewhere before finding him, but I bought like $5k worth of equipment from him. In turn, he gave me a bottle of hormones for free, but I haven't used it yet. I've ran into a LOT of delays getting the rooms up and running. I think I am pretty close now; a year later (at least $20k total, sitting... waiting... wasting... :bashhead: :jerkit: :wallbash:).

LSWM

I had already bought CC nutes elsewhere before finding him, but I bought like $5k worth of equipment from him. In turn, he gave me a bottle of hormones for free, but I haven't used it yet. I've ran into a LOT of delays getting the rooms up and running. I think I am pretty close now; a year later (at least $20k total, sitting... waiting... wasting... :bashhead: :jerkit: :wallbash:).

Sounds like a hell of a project... Haha

LSWM

I've got a new post about fire safety in the new room. If anyone has any input feel free to post in the new THREAD or here.

I want to get the opinion of some people knowledgeable on the subject of fire safety. I currently have all of my own circuits run with a sub panel and proper over current limiting, as well as using T-104's for flipping ballasts on and off.

There is currently no arc-fault protection, or GFCI. All of my electrical is ran high up off the floor. I have some #12 that is not in conduit run along the roof, as well as ballasts mounted to the walls and ceiling, or sitting on stands a few feet off the ground.

I obviously am looking to install Arc-Fault protection as well as GFCI. I am also looking to install armored conduit to protect the currently exposed wiring.

With these protections in place, how important is a fire proof box for my ballasts? Just a few days ago I read about Bobblehead's fire and it scared the shit out of me. Has me rethinking everything about the new room build.

The next question I'm looking to answer is about fire ratings. How important is it to build a room within the current structure with 20 minute fire ratings? My current home is a complete wood structure. There is NO DRYWALL ANYWHERE.

If all of the above precautions are taken into account, how important would it be to build an enclosed room within the home itself? What sort of fire rating does 2x4's and 6x6's have? Does lining the roof and ceiling with Orca create a serious issue should a fire break out? I also want to line the floor with Vinyl billboard tarp or EDPM pond liner.

I feel like if I install AFCI, GFCI, armored conduit, and a ballast box, there is little chance of a fire breaking out. I guess a bulb could explode, but this is incredibly rare, and I'm not sure it would start a fire unless there was some sort of kindling around...

Assuming I do build a room within a room, where would be the best place to install automatic fire extinguishers? Inside the room, or outside? The room I intend to build the new room inside of has A Frame ceilings so installing fire extinguishers above the new room would not be an issue.

Sorry for the haphazard post. I've got a lot of ideas floating around, and am working on a budget, so I would like to be as safe as possible, without cutting corners, but also not going overboard with expenses.

LSWM

I seriously have no clue what I want to do. There are way too many options for room designs...

I could build two 9'x9' rooms in the garage and flip them. The advantage being concrete floors and drywall, as well as allowing me to bring friends/people into my main home. Disadvantage is insulation will be needed to ensure sound doesn't travel to the street, and I will have to move plants in and out of it during the night, as the side door is exposed... What is the optimal lighting for a 9x9? If I put things on rollers I could potentially run FOUR 4x4 donuts with stacked 600's in each, totaling 4800 watts. Could be really nasty.

Or I could build a 16x10 room and a 14x8 room upstairs in the main house. Disadvantages to this would be cost to build the rooms, and awkward layout as well as unused space... Also vaulted ceilings make for weird height issues. I could shrink the rooms I build upstairs to 8x8 or something and could potentially run 3 rooms. But I'm not sure how I would light an 8x8 without cramming shit together and making a mess...

Third option is to just use the existing space as is, hang lights and attempt to fireproof everything as much as possible and use like 5 auto extinguishers up high as a last resort...

Assuming we are going for pure efficiency, I would think stacked 1k's or 600's and running donuts would be the winner. What is the most efficient tree room layout? 10'x10' with 5k? Or maybe 10'x10' with 10 600's? All these designs seem to limit me in the amount of room I would have to work around the plants. It almost has me wanting to leave everything as is and just lay some pond liner down, install ACFI, GCFI, and armored conduit, and stack bulbs. I could potentially run 3 stacked donuts in Flower #1, and 2 more in Flower #2. As well as 1 horizontal scrog in each flower room. Totaling 7k in #1 and 5k in #2...

As long as I isolate the ballasts and electrical in the lung room, ACFI/GCFI, armored conduit, and add some auto extinguishers I think I could continue with the same setup and be fairly safe.

This is turning into a design nightmare, lol.

LSWM

The lemon scent is finally coming through in the WiFi. So stoked on it. It's a little on the stretchy side, but it seems like the nuggets are going to be good size as well.

indocult

The 3 donuts in one room then 2 in the other plus the horizontal scrog in each sounds like what I would go with, just my opinion.

that way you can monocrop every tent/table and get the most out of each strain.

and the extra space for flat gardening would be awesome if you got something you want to run but it stays shorter than katt williams..
(not ideal for vert growing)

Either that or the 4 donuts in the 9x9, so you can do a diff strain in each tent.. I'm really keen on the idea of monocrop... but with 4 donuts in that small of a space, I can imagine the setup to be very cramped and tricky.

I didn't see this about bobbles fire, can you point me there?

LSWM

Pulled the Strawberry Diesel this AM. ~9.5 weeks. I got a couple pics of 1 full plant, the smallest one.. It was the only one I could get down in one piece, lmao... I'm gonna pull the DTB tray in a couple days. Harvest pics to come...

Miraculous Meds

Pulled the Strawberry Diesel this AM. ~9.5 weeks. I got a couple pics of 1 full plant, the smallest one.. It was the only one I could get down in one piece, lmao... I'm gonna pull the DTB tray in a couple days. Harvest pics to come...

Cool im getting close on one of my vert scrog runs. Maybe ill snap a pic for ya of how I do it. I think im gonna have a pretty good pull on mine, even though I got them too far from the bulbs.

You gonna have improved yields on this run?

Latest posts

Latest posts