What's new

LSWM's 3k Vert Donut's @ 7000ft!

LSWM

...that our build out a spot in the garage... The side door to the garage is exposed, so getting plant in and out of there would be a security issue, and I'd need to insulate around the large garage door, as it's fairly close to the street. The garage is 12x20, but my washer and dryer are in there too... Seriously rethinking all of my plans right now. I wish I could say for sure I'll be pulling 1.5-2 #'s from each 1k, but until I know for sure, everything is just speculation at this point...

I hate having to be patient and not being able to make decisions. I'm a problem solver and unsolved problems are my ultimate pet peeve.

LSWM

On a side note... Looks like we lost DHF again too. Too much drama around these parts lately...

DrFever

Veteran
Well it looks like your really going to get into growing . And i here yea best to actually sit back and really think it out like your doing step by step , figuring the plus and minuses
Cause nothing sucks more , Then buying stuff only to have it sit not being used gets expensive cause of changing your main plan in between
plan where you want to be at at one year time ... Do it in progression meaning funds coming not from your pocket but from business side of it all :)

Here are some things that came to my attention when i did my room and changes made that you might of over looked
i had four 4" holes two for passive intake and two with 1600 watt exhaust to pull out heat
This worked awesome but a problem occurred rather quickly having cold air come into hot room created condensation really bad to the point mold would start on concrete walls behind panda / white plastic film ( getting direct outside air as cold as -36
Not sure where you live but if you live in cold climate this will impose a issue guaranteed if you draw direct outside air

My fix was making a manifold ( actual box to heat up fresh air prior to entering room so there was no dramatic difference only 8 - 10 degrees rather then 88 degree room and - 30 coming straight in

Anyways the garage thing sounds good make some movable walls and make a 5 x 15 grow space or something like that 4 k 8 pound harvests and slowly get all the toys
i really like the iponic controllers check out this one might do you good ??

http://link4corp.com/pdf/iPonic-624-User-Manul.pdf

perfect controller The iPonic does it all – Fuzzy Logic CO2, Light Timer, Temperature, Humidity, Recycle Timers, Vent Fans, High Temperature Shut-off, Central air conditioning and heating - even add your own custom devices. This is the only controller you will need. The iPonic 624 grows and changes as your grow room changes.

Attachments

• IMG_1255.jpg
    IMG_1255.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0732.jpg
    IMG_0732.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 14

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
If you bring in cold air your fan will ice up from the grow humidity. Mine does when it is below freezing. I have to turn it off for a bit is all. It does condensate quite a bit as Dr fever said.

Miraculous Meds

Insulate all ur ducting, fans, or dampers to help with the freezing and condensation. A lung room helps to bring the cold air into first. Then bring the lung room air into the grow. My electric damper and fan don't freeze on me when insulated. But I usually only see -10 or so a the worst.

Miraculous Meds

If you bring in cold air your fan will ice up from the grow humidity. Mine does when it is below freezing. I have to turn it off for a bit is all. It does condensate quite a bit as Dr fever said.

Ive been thinking about this. Why not just do away with the intake fan and make it passive and use more exhaust to pull in the cold air.

LSWM

I'll be surprised if I have a single day where we go below 15*F. Depending on the setup, I will only have passive intake as the house isn't very well sealed or insulated.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Ive been thinking about this. Why not just do away with the intake fan and make it passive and use more exhaust to pull in the cold air.

Where is the air going to come from? With a passive you don't know. And you will need to leave a hole to the out side open. With a fan blowing in you know where the cold air comes from and you can add a damper that will close when the fan turns off.

I have not yet seen some one insulate successfully the fan coming in. What I have seen is that water gets trapped behind it and leaks eventually. Ask mir how he did it.

LSWM

I think I figured out the ventilation setup. CO2 may even be an option this way as well.

2 new rooms inside a larger room used as a lung. 4-6k in each on flip. Lung room controlled with an exhaust fan for temps/humidity. Louvered damper so cold air doesn't flow back through when the fan is off. Added CO2 when not exhausting the lung room. Each flower room has a carbon filter and exhaust running 24/7, possibly directed downstairs to heat the home. Dehumidifier if needed in the lung room, or possibly each flower room. With this setup, I should be able to simply maintain 65-75*F in the lung and 75-85*F in each flower room during the day. Night cycle should be the same temp I keep the lung room at. Just keep CO2 at 1000 PPM and things should pump along nicely.

I'm thinking I could fit a ~10x15x8' room in the 15x20 section and a 10x8x6.5' in the smaller section.

Miraculous Meds

Sounds like a decent plan. Co2 while exhausting 24/7 doesn't seem like it would make sense. If u had the carbon filter circulating between the two rooms, then the intake and exhaust can run off one temp controller, when they are on co2 is off. when they turn off co2 turns on.

LSWM

Sounds like a decent plan. Co2 while exhausting 24/7 doesn't seem like it would make sense. If u had the carbon filter circulating between the two rooms, then the intake and exhaust can run off one temp controller, when they are on co2 is off. when they turn off co2 turns on.

This is what I meant. Sorry it wasn't more clear.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Just a guess but I don't think the CO2 will run much. My intake on 4K runs almost nonstop. When it is below zero. I am actually thinking of using a flip between two fans to defrost because it runs most of the time. And it sounds horrible when the ice falls into the fan.

DrFever

Veteran
Just a guess but I don't think the CO2 will run much. My intake on 4K runs almost nonstop. When it is below zero. I am actually thinking of using a flip between two fans to defrost because it runs most of the time. And it sounds horrible when the ice falls into the fan.

or invest in good AC unit for your room :)

LSWM

I'm going to be running some tests by venting downstairs. I'm running 6k at night right now and it's 25-35*F outside during that time. The downstairs has been hitting 58*F if I don't run the heater at all, so we will see...

LSWM

or invest in good AC unit for your room :)

I see no point in the added expense and running costs when it's going to be no warmer than 50-55*F outside for 3 months...

Not to mention running the condenser outside 24/7 in the middle of the winter is a huge red flag.

LSWM

...I thought about going water chilled and having the unit downstairs heating the house, but the initial investment isn't worth it I don't think. Spending an extra $2-4k on cooling when it's cold outside sounds obscene.

EDIT: I guess I could do the same with a split... Just put the condenser downstairs...

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I can run the fan for about twenty dollars a month or the ac for two hundred. I have a 24K But mini split. It also does not run well below about twenty degrees.

DrFever

Veteran
...I thought about going water chilled and having the unit downstairs heating the house, but the initial investment isn't worth it I don't think. Spending an extra $2-4k on cooling when it's cold outside sounds obscene.
I meant if you decided to run co2 and going sealed unit

Attachments

• IMG_1445.jpg
    IMG_1445.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 13

LSWM

Can anyone tell me what these little nodule/trichome looking things are? They have mostly appeared on the bottom of leaves only but a couple leaves have them on top. This is a marconi (italian heirloom) pepper plant I got from a buddy who grew them from seeds. I have two of them and both are showing the same formations.

I can't seem to find any bugs, and when I got the seedlings I quarantined them with a few No Pest strips for a week or so, so I am having my doubts it is bugs, but I have these peppers sitting in flower #2, just catching some extra light, and want to be sure I don't have anything to worry about. The ladies sitting right next to them don't seem to be showing any signs.

indocult

I get those on my peppers too man. Think it's heat bumps from too warm rootzone.
I only usually get it on my potted peppers when we have 100f+ weather.

Afaik it's just cosmetic and they don't yellow out or anything. Not a nute issue. Looks like aphids but it's the leaf right?

Latest posts

Latest posts