What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LST training in detail. Why bushes are better

chewmauro

I LST'ed a few of my plants, to good effect. However, the clones I recieved from a friend are stretched and not trained. I am flipping them to flower and was wondering if it is "safe" to LST during flowering?
Thanks.

darrinjefferson

it is fine to lst during flowering. its called low stress training for a reason. it wont cause your plant hardly any stress. i am doing it in my cab right now.

late

Jah-Jah

Just saw this one, what a great thread!

props to Caprichoso for the effort, LST looks nice guess the next BigBud bitch is going to face some serious bondage :D :pointlaug
:wave:

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
lst is sweet.. i lst'd 3 girls and let them veg for 60 days my first cab grow and yielded 12 ounces with my 400 watt. now i have 5 girls tree'd up and though i have larger more dense colas the yield only looks to be about 6-8 ounces. unless they are really that much denser and keep the weight when they dry..

lst is great.

G

Hey Guys i have grown trees and Bushs (lst),i would recomend lst to anyone!
I like large colas but lst done properly will yeild you more but i probably dont need to be telling you this!
Heres a pic of my current grow a White Widow lady (Left) and a Blue Mystic lady.

Goodluck with everyones Grow!
~neilspotshop

Keefhead

Another way

Another way

I just thought I'd throw up a pic of what I'd used for LST training a while back. I got some electrical ground wire, wrapped it around a nut, dipped it in a can of that rubber-for-tool-handles stuff, and hung it up to dry. The weight of the nut holds it in place, and the copper wire can be bent to any shape. In addition, some are short and used right in the pot, others are longer and sit outside of the pot.

Just a suggestion. It sure works for me.

K

R

Reinhold

hey guys I tried LST for the first time this year outdoors and it seemed to work great

But I was wondering cuz Ive seen a few different methods somewhat like this year I bent my main stalk till it was basicaly completly horizontal and then let the branches do their thing but Ive also seen people not bend the main stalk and just bend the branches out? Your guys thoughts? Any big differences this way?

Last edited:

Allusive

Big thanks for bumpin' this thread, it should be a sticky IMHO. This thread is the main reason I ended up yielding so well when I first started growing. It also helped transition me into scrog, though I still prefer this method over scrog.

This is the result of proper LST (could've used more pruning):

Two plants in a 10gal bubbler a couple days into flushing. They yielded 7.5 ounces cause of LST! I've done this to every one of my plants since then.

fatboyOGOF

i've tried many different grow styles. I scrogged for a few grows. i then started tying them down and crushing the hurd etc. from the old High Times article. then smokinrav had a great couple of threads on lst. he used a lot of info from delta. where the fuck is everybody these days??

the tieing down is much better for me then scrogging. i have a good size space and the scroged plants could be a pain the ass to work with.

those are some beautiful plants guys. kudos!

good thread. got to keep the info alive.

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Here's two of mine at 47 days - NL X BB and CrissCross (local clone-only). They're both forced around those individual support frames, then tied back with string or cable ties. They were both mother plants, so had already been bonsaied, and it was just a matter of exposibng as many sites as possible.

They are just starting to swell, and I aim to chop around 56 days...more pics of these and others in my current grow thread:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=33057&page=3

NL X BB:

CrissCross:

Last edited:

froth

Geeeezys! Some of you really have LST down pat! Hopefully I can do it a little bit better next round.. SHe kind of got out of control on me halfway through, but it worked at first

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I have two Malawi Golds that are starting to expand rapidly, and need some discipline fast. Repotting on Sunday with some serious canes - they're way too strong for the ties at the moment...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I'll post pics of my Malawi Golds tonight - they're going like a train. This should be fun - the branches are like steel, and resist bending somewhat. They're up to 26 inches tall and putting on an inch a day, so if I can LST these, I shall subsequently consider myself an expert...:)