What's new

lower a soil ph with plants in it

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The plants are dead, one might make it through petiole feeding.
If I had money like that I would start over but Im burnt the fuck up.
Apparently Happy Frog has almost my whole basic mix n their bags, I'd be up and running at least in no time, sadly im eatng from the food pantry right now ha!

Had the chevy all primed up and blew a rod pulling her out of the garage... Live and learn. Getting a good schooling though.

Just ate dinner, pulling the top 2 cf off and just gonna flush the bottom 2/3 should be quicker. Top is in stable range now, bottom loaded with shit.

Slipnot

Slip,

You want him to throw everything away and start over? Ouch.

It is easier to clean up what he has with gypsum and get a soil analysis to dial it in.

For someone that was talking everything is in your fridge and garbage pail and now you want to send him down the road and but all new medium?

I'm at a loss for words...

No your asking me what i would do if i was in his shoes with 110 liter mix he obviously would not need all the soil it would be a good base to start a compost bin and instead of throwing the other soil away he could add it into the base compost bin mix it in and get worms correcting it all over the next 4 month of his current grow then he would have a wicked soil for following grow adding his soil into new soil mix with microbes doing what they do best converting it all to plant food right all he would have to do is till it every so often keep it moist and warm

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well before I started flushing top 2 cf was .6 ec middle 2 cf .9 ec and bottom 2cf 1.5 ec with 3 ec run off.
The run off is down to 1.5 ec. Draining some more then ill retest the middle 2cf and bottom 2 cf again.

Big job, glad i took the top 2 cf off this time.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok Top 2 cf i took out are .6 ec

middle 2 cf are testing .5 ec.
Bottom 2 cf is .9 ec.

Very little mud now, just a centimeter or so, soil has a much fuller feel, bigger lighter globs stickin together, draining much faster, i can barely keep up.

Whaddya think mix it all and call it one on that bag?

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok Top 2 cf i took out are .6 ec

middle 2 cf are testing .5 ec.
Bottom 2 cf is .9 ec.

Very little mud now, just a centimeter or so, soil has a much fuller feel, bigger lighter globs stickin together, draining much faster, i can barely keep up.

Whaddya think mix it all and call it one on that bag?

A bit more....

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok On it. Run off doesnt look like tea anymore, looks almost clear with a tinge.

PH is risen a bit from all the hard water and its pretty soaked.

6.4 middle 6.5 bottom.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Obviously super soaked but you can see how it has these soft balls that break up easy even in in this over saturated state. The original mix was dusty and all tiny particles, very compact when wet. Can tell a huge difference. Bar in mind this is soaked 110% ha. Back to work...

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Obviously super soaked but you can see how it has these soft balls that break up easy even in in this over saturated state. The original mix was dusty and all tiny particles, very compact when wet. Can tell a huge difference. Bar in mind this is soaked 110% ha. Back to work...

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58557&pictureid=1648060&thumb=5]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58557&pictureid=1648059&thumb=5]View Image[/url]

You are going to have to add something for airspace, let's see if the gypsum makes it go colloidal.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
More peat? Perlite? Perlite seems to be poor for aeration or at least not as good as one might think. i noticed it tends to gather with the washing of the soil, had a few perlite balls stuck together lol.
hell you can see one of em in that pic lol

I pulled out the middle 2cf, the bottom is being stubborn(.5 ec now for this section), should be easy to wash the last 2 cf now.
So 2 15 gallon buckets (2cf each) to the side with 6.4 ph .5 ec, and 6.5 ph .6 ec. 2 more cf to clean ha...

Then ill have one bag one, ill do another tomorrow. This is serious work, I dont recommend fucking up like me guys ha!

MrBungle

That lil shit perlite they put in pro mix is worthless.... there is plenty in there just not the size you are looking for.... I'd make an 80% straight premier peat /20% bigger chunk perlite mix and add it to your soil mix till you get the desired consistency

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That lil shit perlite they put in pro mix is worthless.... there is plenty in there just not the size you are looking for.... I'd make an 80% straight premier peat /20% bigger chunk perlite mix and add it to your soil mix till you get the desired consistency

Bungle,

It seems that the quality of the peat varies greatly. Some are adding fertilizers.

Where is the Premier peat from, do you know?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How many spoons can fit in one pot? Stop.

Food for thought. Stop.

Obscure statements from the Great White. Stop.

Getcher own peat. Stop.

Yesterday's Paper has a phenotype that smells to me like green apple caramel lollipops. Stop. Bubblehash soon. Stop.

Hang in the organic subforum to find more spoons. Full stop.

Sent from my iTelegraph.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How many spoons can fit in one pot? Stop.

Food for thought. Stop.

Obscure statements from the Great White. Stop.

Getcher own peat. Stop.

Yesterday's Paper has a phenotype that smells to me like green apple caramel lollipops. Stop. Bubblehash soon. Stop.

Hang in the organic subforum to find more spoons. Full stop.

Sent from my iTelegraph.

Sounds like a Canuck not wanting folks to use their peat.... LMAO.

Which organic subforum you talking about?

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So peat good to cut it for air? If so a suggested ratio? Got it all drying now.
To recap to get to this point I remixed all the over fertlized soil with 1:6 peat to hot soil to get it to 6 ph then washed the shit out to get EC down to .6 where it is now.

Everything is at .6 ec roughly, couple pots .4-.5, The ph of each batch is between 6,3. and 6.5 now after all the flushing.

That last 2 cf of each was a bitch. Water comes out lookin pure though now, just a bit of dirt itself run off.

I appreciate everyones help but I cant decipher the spoon thing. I just need to get my soil to be able to support life.
Are we close? ha!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lowes carries it too... I cant find the link for home depot... Its the peat moss used in pro mix without anything added

Thats the peat I got bro, mixed 1 part peat to 6 parts hot soil to get it to 6.0 ph then washed it down to ec .6.

The top layer is drying good, I can get a pic if it is helpful.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Way to stick with it.

First job is physically opening up the soil. DONE.

Second job dialing it in. Send a sample to the lab. PENDING.