What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

lower a soil ph with plants in it

VortexPower420

Veteran
I guess I have be duped. Serves me right for believing what I have read.

Sorry for continuing the misinformation and agree with the above, but would also add its for money.

I still stand by my statement.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 14 veggin from rooted clone... Mighta slowed her down a tad training her but shes flyin...

Week ago...

Fresh transplant 2 weeks ago...

Now she's gonna start blowin up big time. Growth starts to get exponential in the big pots under the big light at this point
Going faster than usual this time. :tiphat:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys.

24 days, 30 days, 35 days and end of week 1 flower.
Even with my abuse and torture the growth has been phenomenal.
Time to do some pruning and lollipopping ha.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
How much water is she drinking?!? How are you watering? Pump sprayer?

Picking up from the glue thread....i tend to use 5ml of calmag too in Happy Frog. If I drop it i always get a calcium def around week 3-4 of flowering. I have an Ice that wants even more than 5ml! Of course i dont use any lime added in. Ive socked the glue too with a lot ofnutes and she takes it. Here lately, i'm trying to listen to most and reduce the feed on her, like most experience growers that run her say to do.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No cal mag this time for me. There is 1 pound of gypsum per cubic foot in there. The EC meter has been a wonderous tool to let me see wth I have been doing to my plants.

Where I was fucking up on all those past runs the most is adding my cal mag and maxi bloom i used to use all in the same gallon of water... 5 ml of cal mag gets me over 1 ec alone ha.
I shoulda only put that n by itself and watered how i was doing before. I figure I was pumping 2-3+ EC in my old pots in flower!!! Crazy! That much salt stress and I used to get 1.25 per reliably.
amazing what she can take...

I didnt water for like the first 10 days or something ha.
I am watering with a 2 gallon can pure water so far. They each are getting 4 gallons twice a week in veg at the end and they would go almost dry in between, mostly dry just a little humidity down under when I would rewater.

We'll see how she starts taking water in a few weeks. I am trying to be gentle this time, like i say used to dump 5 gallons twice a week from a 5 gallon bucket.

My soil EC is at 1.1 or so, I am going to give one light feeding a week of 2-5-5 with some kelp per gallon in it and the rest water here the next two weeks. Gotta get under there and trim her up...

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Hearing the calmag ec talk, i need to go get an ec meter! Lol. My base is PBP and that stuff has been pretty easy to run with only pHing. Ya got me thinking now....

Sounds like you got a great plan in place. I'm routing for the 2lb plant too!! :biglaugh: Go Tony Go!! If i woulda seen this glue earlier, i woulda wrote your name in my vote for POTUS hahahahaha

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm just dissapointed I was not able to get a soil sample done so this just becomes an anecdotal story lol.

Hell it gotta beat the old 1.25 just off not salt stressing, I hope!

I'm not even ph'ing the water. The EC has been way more helpful than the ph meter for me in soil.

I have also noticed the plant healing faster from my breaks, some of the big bad ones I taped would outgrow the tape in a couple days and push it off.
Left behind huge sugar/sap solidifications from oozing out. This girl is running with juice.

I'd love to run one like this with 4 vertical lights around it and the hood on top someday...

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Ive been toying with the idea of switching over to HR's v&b nutes. But i'm so damn stubborn. Been using PBP for the whole 15 yrs i've been growing! Lol. Wtf, right?! If I was using anything other than the PBP i would definitely have to get an EC meter. I'm getting a little bit bigger grow space soon so I plan on forcing myself to make some hopefully positive changes real soon. Definitely gonna be on her racking you guys' brain.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll throw some pics later of how I pruned them. I'm trying to figure out what's best so each got slightly different treatment.

When you grow em big indoor it's a bit of work be cause a lot of the bottoms don't make it.

So anyway one got cleaned up at start of week one. One at seven days and one at 14. Well see how they do.

I will say the one I cut at day one needed a touch of a foliar feed shortly after.

Good news is my leaves are praying now which is awesome as in the past the big floppy gg4 leaf just hung there. Tells me my change in watering style is helping.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Day 24. This one got lollipopped at day 14. didnt stretch as much as the sister who got it in the beginning of week 1. I think she is looking decent though.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nah we'll be ok. I' m just going to take a bit a tad early for one of my friends, he likes it that way. gg4 is very chemmy like 49-55 or so roughly, the complex deeper mocha/coffee flavors come on in the last couple weeks. Ill grab a couple zips for him and let the rest finish up proper. Actually its just in time thanks to the help here.
Indebted to ya. Saved my ass actually.