What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lots of weed today tastes straight up nasty

Imaperson

My friends,, if ya dont like it, find a "kind" and grow it,,,,, I only buy my friends bud he grows and this bag taste like sweet candy����
I grow diff things for diff occasions

TruffleButler

Op isn't talking about unflushed bud. I know exactly what he's talking about: bud with fake aromas. I've confirmed it through personal research projects and eventually industry workers willing to break their NDA.

Strongest smelling plant in the world and most of it smells nothing like itself. What a shame. Weed going mainstream has really fucked everything up and shown me I'd severely overestimated the population. People are fooled so easily..

Legal grows will infuse buds with terpenes, rehydrate with fruit scrap extracts, and feed sweetners like Sweet Citrus, Terpenez, and Final Flush at harvest. (yes that crap puts a smell on crappy bud, no it does not taste good, it's absolutely disgusting)

This is not a theory, its a confirmed fact. I wouldn't have believed it until 3 years in Arizona made it so obvious. No Cannabis terpenes whatsoever. Only fake smells. Products like Sweet are ruining buds. Deny it all you want. Claim roots don't absorb anything, I've already sifted through the lies personally. I've been able to identify the shit with 100% accuracy. I even bought all the Sweets to confirm what I was smelling, although it wasn't even necessary after smelling the same handful of fake smells over and over, you kinda figure yup that's GH cuz Botanicare don't have a banana version. First time I was shown bud contaminated with Sweet Berry? Mauna Loa, Oct 12 2015,grown at 2832 N Omaha. Yes I kept a log..

Its an epidemic in Az but I've seen it in Co, LA and even the Bay. I had to ask, why is it every time I asked a budtender about a good tasting strain, and every time someone claims they picked up a dank strain, its always a fruity name? And always tastes like shit to anyone with experience? And doesn't provide a head change? People are in denial of course. Placebo people convinced of quality by the only bud on the shelf that doesn't smell like hay or neem.

It's real obvious when the ChemD smells like hay, and the Blue Dream smells like Blueberry Tasty Puff sprayed on hay. I even smelled the same Blueberry smell on Biker Kush, and Sensi Star. You know damn well they got a 40 gallon drum of Blueberry Dream they are passing around. And one in Pineapple Rush too.

Blueberry and Pineapple are great strains! Lemon Kush is my favorite. The more it makes me sweat the better. Love them fumes. But you cant buy these strains from a dispensary. Same fake bullshit every single time. Or hay. We call it getting "lemoned" when somone is sold a bag of this crap, because the first time any of us experienced it was a disgustingly bitter bag of Lemon Kush that was so loaded with citrus rind extract and carboload, it dripped a black ooze down our vapes. I never talked to that grower again.

I've heard vape lounges in the dam have even banned fruity strains because of this epidemic of fake aroma/sugar products. Brix+, Sweet, SourDee, Terpenez, all the same crap for hydro growers with no microbes to be fed. Just imagine what it's doing to lungs the way it coats vapes in a black or red crust.

Yeah man,i was in Amsterdam two times in Greenhouse and bulldog coffeeshops first time and second time in Goa and other i dont remember the weed îs big a crap,shit ,sucks ass hahahaaaa i did grow better weed in my first grow ,what a disapointment dammmnnnn

soil margin

Veteran
Op isn't talking about unflushed bud. I know exactly what he's talking about: bud with fake aromas. I've confirmed it through personal research projects and eventually industry workers willing to break their NDA.

Strongest smelling plant in the world and most of it smells nothing like itself. What a shame. Weed going mainstream has really fucked everything up and shown me I'd severely overestimated the population. People are fooled so easily..

Legal grows will infuse buds with terpenes, rehydrate with fruit scrap extracts, and feed sweetners like Sweet Citrus, Terpenez, and Final Flush at harvest. (yes that crap puts a smell on crappy bud, no it does not taste good, it's absolutely disgusting)

Honestly I don't really ever run into the kind of bud you are talking about because I try to stay away from dispensaries and delivery services selling cheap bud, but I wouldn't doubt that a lot of what you describe is going on. I've definitely seen/smelled some stuff for sale at dispensaries that makes me feel sorry for whoever is getting suckered into buying it.

Good bud is hard to grow, especially organically. it's extra valuable. It makes sense that people will try and imitate what good weed looks/smells/tastes like. We really need to grow more top notch bud, make it more common and more available, so that it's not so pricey and not worth the effort for retards to try and fake it by spraying some fucking chemicals on your smoke.

positivity

Veteran
You don't see it much here but on other platforms huge greenhouses are coming up. Them be some smart buggers. No sugaree needed...

Although I've been known to give them a shot without producing "fake" weed. YMMV :)

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
The weed you can get 'not in the stores' in many midwestern states tastes better than ever, believe it!

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Ever since around 2012-2013 local "dro" started looking and tasting like total shit. The high sucked too. That's one of the reasons I started growing my own. I soon realized that all the dudes who where growing amazing weed locally stopped and began importing the bottom of the barrel surplus from legal states because it was more profitable and less risky.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
You have no fucking idea what you speak of.

Do you believe we export our best shit to you guys? You get what no one can off here. Enjoy your eagle 20 and avid soaked shit.

I will be waiting on my neg rep prick. Don't disappoint. :laughing::comfort:

Like motherfuxkers in legal states aren't smoking that shit too, GTFOH. It's well known that most dispensaries and MMJ distributors are shady as fuxk when it comes down to $$$$. The way the MMJ market is today it's guaranteed you are smoking either PGRs, Heavy metals or some serious carcinogens. It's best to grow your own or to get it from a really trust worthy grower that you personally know.

'Boogieman'

You have no fucking idea what you speak of.

Do you believe we export our best shit to you guys? You get what no one can off here. Enjoy your eagle 20 and avid soaked shit.

I will be waiting on my neg rep prick. Don't disappoint. :laughing::comfort:

Im just going to put it like this, your cali import is pretty sad, the mexican import im getting has you beat quality wise and im sure they keep the best too.

Sad really, used to be the mexican brick was shit and the cali weed was fire.

soil margin

Veteran
Im just going to put it like this, your cali import is pretty sad,

I bet it is. You're smoking the trash that no one can sell in Cali because weed consumers here are too smart and savvy to smoke trash. Midwest yokels and rednecks haven't caught up in terms of cannabis knowledge yet. Enjoy that brick weed soaked in pesticides bud. If you can ever afford a vacation out to the golden state feel free to come enjoy some of the real cannabis that we keep instate for ourselves. The best in the world by far.

Pro Headies

Veteran
Im just going to put it like this, your cali import is pretty sad, the mexican import im getting has you beat quality wise and im sure they keep the best too.

Sad really, used to be the mexican brick was shit and the cali weed was fire.

I actually told a buddy recently that the old bricks we use to get of swag back in late 90s tasted better then some of the samples I've tried recently.

Pro Headies

Veteran
I bet it is. You're smoking the trash that no one can sell in Cali because weed consumers here are too smart and savvy to smoke trash. Midwest yokels and rednecks haven't caught up in terms of cannabis knowledge yet. Enjoy that brick weed soaked in pesticides bud. If you can ever afford a vacation out to the golden state feel free to come enjoy some of the real cannabis that we keep instate for ourselves. The best in the world by far.

It's worked the opposite for me really. A fellow I know moved out to Cali 5 years ago or so and is always asking one of my "clients" to send stuff to him.

'Boogieman'

Lol you cali folk sure are full of yourselves. I have smoked plenty of the best in my time. The fact is your import used to be fire so what happened? How can your average grower in mexico beat your average grower in fucking cali? However you want to put it it's sad that trash is mass produced in your state. Full of pesticides and a taste that can make you throw up, no im not talking about mexican im talking about cali.

igrowone

Veteran
the reputation has gotten so bad i wouldn't touch dispensary from any state
it's hard to compare if you don't dare touch it much less smoke it

'Boogieman'

I actually told a buddy recently that the old bricks we use to get of swag back in late 90s tasted better then some of the samples I've tried recently.

The mexican im getting has a pine/lemon hash smell and barely compressed, lime green with lots of visible crystals. The Mexican brick has improved quite a bit over the years atleast the stuff I get. I used to get weed from cali however that smacked me, I got og18 for a year that put me and everybody straight to sleep. I got c99 from cali that got me higher than high it's just sad the import quality has dropped to the point I would rather smoke this mexican.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Your talking OG 18 and c99 as the best? There is part 9f the problem right there. I love a good pineapple, but it is far from the best I can find.

Og 18 isn't even og kush. It's a seed knockoff of a great strain. When was the last time you got e32 trainwreck that was beat by Mexican brick?

Pro Headies

Veteran
The mexican im getting has a pine/lemon hash smell and barely compressed, lime green with lots of visible crystals. The Mexican brick has improved quite a bit over the years atleast the stuff I get. I used to get weed from cali however that smacked me, I got og18 for a year that put me and everybody straight to sleep. I got c99 from cali that got me higher than high it's just sad the import quality has dropped to the point I would rather smoke this mexican.

I miss my og18. It was the best OG from seed I ever had by far but DNA lost a parent and it sucked after initial release. Tasted like a skunk pissed in your mouth, yeah that's actually a good taste.

I haven't smoked any mexi since 2001ish when I started indoor. Back then only thing i seen from Cali was beasters. It was whatever the fastest finishing bud they could produce and all had similar smell no matter what the strain was really. So they always have sent the cashcrop out East around my parts.