What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lots of weed today tastes straight up nasty

Spaventa

Veteran
I don’t like the popular strains but that’s because I don’t like indica effects and I don’t like “sour”, “Chemy”, “hashy”, “cats piss” or “fuel” flavours, at all.
Give me Incense, Wood, leather, musky, tropical fruits and herbs, rain soaked forest and wet pussy (old Neville’s, certain pheno) aromas.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I don’t like the popular strains but that’s because I don’t like indica effects and I don’t like “sour”, “Chemy”, “hashy”, “cats piss” or “fuel” flavours, at all.
Give me Incense, Wood, leather, musky, tropical fruits and herbs, rain soaked forest and wet pussy (old Neville’s, certain pheno) aromas.

Wet pussy?! Please elaborate on that smell. Thanks

OP

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I love some gassy cannabis. I'm one of those people that likes the smell of gasoline. At the racetrack quality race fuel burned by a 100,000$ engine smells damn near erotic lol

I like most flavors in cannabis. I do not like strains that taste too old lady floral or anything like perfume. Grew some bag seed once smelled and tasted like Polo. Barf.

Best for me was Cotton Candy, tasted of strawberry incense, fresh split red oak wood and cotton candy aroma when burned. Epic.

Mountainkush

Wet pussy?! Please elaborate on that smell. Thanks

OP

That’s a new one for me too. Sounds interesting

@Lester
I like some of the gassy ones too. Might be an acquired taste from driving long haul, my tractor and my little sports car.
Definitely like the candy/fruity ones the best too. Growing an Ace seeds Tikal that smells like strawberry candy. Hoping it translates the the taste as well.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I have some NL that tastes like last year's dried hay. You know the shit that got rained on for a week? Ya, that stuff. Smells like a hay field on fire. I was going to throw it away but the wife likes it. I won't let her smoke it in my garage.

Growcephus

Veteran
What the hell is wrong with some people?

You've got a couple of options still, my man.

1. Water cure that funky shit right the hell out
- Put the weed in a jar filled with water and shake the hell out of it, then stick it in the fridge.
- Strain out the nasty water and re-fill every 12 ish hours for a couple days
- Once your water is clear / light in color, simply dry the ganja and use as normal, but with a lot less harshness and flavors.

2. Hash that shit out.

3. Make oil.

Good luck brother.

Spaventa

Veteran
I never said a girl with a yeast infection now did I! Anyway she’s my wife. You don’t marry the weeping stinkers who get all gunged up with that knicker fudge, bleh. They are the ones you see and think how she never found a man? She don’t look bad... lol
You know why you don't go down on a girl in the morning?

Ever try to pull apart a grilled cheese sandwich?

Lol

Imaperson

I'm in an illegal state where mid grade brick weed is still a thing, we also get lots of weed from legal states. I find more often then not the taste from brickweed more tolerable than the stuff that's so full of terps its harsh and nasty. I'm smoking on some blueberry cross that tastes like somebody sprayed perfume in my mouth just straight nasty putting the joint out every couple minutes can't even get high. I'm shitty I didn't just buy mids instead.

I can tolerate strong tasting weed but it just seems some terps are just straight nasty, Skunky, hashy, lemon, woody spice, earthy all smoke smooth for me. Nasty grape cigar, orange chemical, and berry perfume tasting weed you can't hold a hit in without gagging it's so bad and I'm definitely not the only one who thinks so. What the hell is wrong with some people?

Just depends what ya like or not

I kinda like that perfume taste
And if it's to harsh maybe it's just a drying problem

grayeyes

For those in illegal states, how did that herb get there? From out of state, right?

I, for one, refuse to buy anything from dispensaries. Why? Partly because of the reason you cite-NASTY TASTE and the barely high potency. When you buy the nasty stuff you encourage it.

You see, in an effort to make money fast, the growers are growing hydroponically. No dirt involved. But water alone does not lead to a successful grow. So they dump 'nutes' into the water. Makes the plant grow faster.

And causes that nasty medicine taste.

Solution: Grow your own. Find a spot in the garage, or house and buy some lights. You don't need all the crap advertised. Pots, some bagged soil and water will create a nice stash.

But you have to do it. Or buy and support that nasty stuff.

Your choice.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Todays weed is a good example of globalization as a whole
There was a time when getting weed from say Colorado was exciting and tasted like what id imagine colorado was like at the time as a kid, it was a blast. Same goes for up north, the weed just had a more exciting novelty effect. Same goes for Oregon, they had unique tastes only their area's could produce, im talkin early 90s. Today its the same everywhere and gee how exciting is that...and people want globalized everything LOL. Nothing more than a pallet of grey tones created by shmoe's who's less lived lives have never been so documented on " social media".

Pro Headies

Veteran
I don't know what commercial nugs taste like nowadays but I get samples from few other local growers and not a single one ever taste good, ever! I taste dusty old basement, incents like a head shop or just plain plant flavor over and over with no terps. Usually they all look good and smell good and I expect them to finally taste good which I hope for since there all trying to hook me up with clones since they all "owe" me for hooking them up with clones. I just don't understand what there doing wrong. Could be there all using to many different ferts like a mad scientist or chemicals to keep bugs away or adding flavored shit but whatever there doing sucks. Bad thing is there shit keeps going down in price also driving the local market price down, I just don't get who the hell would want to buy there nasty tasting shit!

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
For those in illegal states, how did that herb get there? From out of state, right?

I, for one, refuse to buy anything from dispensaries. Why? Partly because of the reason you cite-NASTY TASTE and the barely high potency. When you buy the nasty stuff you encourage it.

You see, in an effort to make money fast, the growers are growing hydroponically. No dirt involved. But water alone does not lead to a successful grow. So they dump 'nutes' into the water. Makes the plant grow faster.

And causes that nasty medicine taste.

Solution: Grow your own. Find a spot in the garage, or house and buy some lights. You don't need all the crap advertised. Pots, some bagged soil and water will create a nice stash.

But you have to do it. Or buy and support that nasty stuff.

Your choice.

When it comes down to Hydro you don't know what you're talking about, An Ion is an Ion no matter if it came organically or chemically extracted. The problem is now that some states are legal the market is flooded with garbage ass rookie growers (about 75%) that don't know shit. Those grower just care about pushing out the product to keep the $$ flowing in fast. These people add a lot of crap that make the end product shit, from over fertilizing with bloom booters to PGRs.

Last edited:

soil margin

Veteran
I don't know what commercial nugs taste like nowadays but I get samples from few other local growers and not a single one ever taste good, ever! I taste dusty old basement, incents like a head shop or just plain plant flavor over and over with no terps. Usually they all look good and smell good and I expect them to finally taste good which I hope for since there all trying to hook me up with clones since they all "owe" me for hooking them up with clones. I just don't understand what there doing wrong. Could be there all using to many different ferts like a mad scientist or chemicals to keep bugs away or adding flavored shit but whatever there doing sucks. Bad thing is there shit keeps going down in price also driving the local market price down, I just don't get who the hell would want to buy there nasty tasting shit!

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm not a chemist but my understanding is that the terpene molecules (which are where the smell/taste come from) are extra delicate and easy to destroy. Makes sense that people who handle their commercial bud like it's a crop of corn or soybeans aren't going to be careful enough when it comes to growing, processing and shipping their cannabis. Cannabis really needs to be handled with the same level of care that professional florists handle their flowers.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
An Ion is an Ion no matter if it came organically or not. The problem is now that some states are legal the market is flooded with garbage ass rookie growers (about 75%) that don't know shit. Those grower just care about pushing out the product to keep the $$ flowing in fast. These people add a lot of crap that make the end product shit, from over fertilizing with bloom booters to PGRs.
I completely agree.

It doesn't matter which method you use, as long as you do it cleanly. The end result is stunning. Poorly grown organic is just as bad as poorly grown hydro, in different ways and in some of the same. Personally, having experienced truly cleanly grown hydro I vastly prefer it. My estimates are less than 1% of all cannabis is grown cleanly, hydro or organic be damned.

I'm still waiting to get some equally clean organic. I know it exists, it's from just as small a group as there are clean hydro growers. This makes your chances of coming across it extremely unlikely. I count myself lucky to have experienced clean hydro back in 2008. I haven't seen it from any other grower or dispensary before or since. I literally had to read and do research for a few years to figure it out. I know I can now produce close to the same quality I experienced.

I've seen others on here with posts who read like mine. They know what I'm talking about. :tiphat: