What's new

Looking for feedback on this idea to pay for ICMAG to stay here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
Gypsy Nirvana said:
L.M.F.A.O.!

Thats hilarious Endo........maybe we can have a male pollen 'Stud' club happenin'?

.......thinking about it.....maybe some tweaker of a customs agent might find some male pollen in an envelope and try and snort it......lol!

QUOTE]

"hey bill whats that on your nose? and why are you sneezing so much?"

i love the Stud club idea, i would glady donate a few females to producing seeds for the masses. gypsy im very very interested in this idea. maybe we can get something goin.

let me know if you think its a "real" idea. my pm box is always open.

my prized kcxbrazil, shed love to make some beans for you guys.

Last edited:
Gypsy Nirvana said:
PeavillePride .....I'm not so sure if thats such a good idea......since then we would effectively shut out those newbs who want the basic info to just get started....
:joint: I was joking,lol,but couldnt we atleast lock a couple people in the Tokers Den,lol,i have a list. :bashhead:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
How about an IC Mag Cannasuers club. Rather than sending in seeds that can be sold to just anyone, and then hearing nothing back about them. The members could be assured that their efforts are only going to other long term members, who are also club members. That way members could be sure ( not always a good thing but hey) that they will get feedback on their work, and something out of it themselves. Each member, as and when they see fit, could send in say 10 packs of 10 seeds, and $50. When the club (run by the kittens I would assume), had received 10 packages of 10 packs of 10 seeds, and $500, then they could send out 1 pack of each of the last 10 packages recieved to each of the last 10 members to participate. So each time 10 members send in 10 packs of seeds and $50, each member then receives (postal system being well) 10 packs of seeds back in the mail from long term members. What a great bonus for $50, seeds worth hundreds. Plus from IC Mag point of view, its only costing the postage and packaging costs and generating an extra $500 a time. May need some work, buts its an idea.

big mike

RED145 said:
You come up with a number,the one it takes to run this site monthly,we will call that our goal!!You make a donations button with goal included,donating will get you into the monthly seed give away.......

:chin: :yes:

Stoned Cold said:
Obviously someone with 505 posts isnt going to be banned for being broke!
Think about this stuff, and read back. What I think is that there are enough good peeps around here to donate, and cover the less fortunate.
I would suggest creating a certain area that only allowed donors and admin.
Lol okay man thanks for the info.

RED145

My Idea really is the most sensible,lets face it,mandatory subscriptions would cut the members in half!!Keep it all free,all you cats can still send in yer beans,.....and right up top by the banner display a small thermometer with whats needed.Once a month there is a drawing from the list of donators and they win a prize.......no special forum,maybe a new line in a sig like ICMag power supporter or sumthin like that.

keep it simple....donate if ya can,but stay even if ya cant,the ones who can get in the drawing and the site goes on.its a doable scenario that would generate some money,enuf is hard tellin,but its a start!!

every time ya donate yer name goes in the hat!!more ya donate better yer chances of winnin..

Ie:say this months prize is a pak a Shroomy Deez......why how many of us would send in a ten or twenty for a shot at that raffle???I would and so will you!!

set up a pay-pal account to accept the donations,keep it seperate from everything else and make it easy to donate.

if ya need anything else let me know,I am usually here in the morning,afternoon and evenings!!LOL

Rite up there above welcome,,,,,a little thermometer,can ya see it?I can

Last edited:
Can anyone say raffle off 3 plane tickets to amsterdam or something, 100 bucks a ticket, only 100 entries allowed...
actually thinking about it I bet it is illegal for one reason or another, like taxes or something.
But raffle of anything would be cool, if it was legal

L

Lune TNS

How about a "Seed Collectors Club"... maybe 50 bucks for a year, and if you are a member you get some bonuses at seedbay. Maybe something like free shipping, maybe an extra 10% off of specials, or some special auctions exclusive to members (like when rez drops a big release, a few packs would be set aside for just collector club members).

Honestly I don't like the idea of a "members only" area of the forums...

Last edited:

b8man

Veteran
I feel that ICMag is a public service - denying the grow information to people that need it doesn't seem right.

But I do like the idea of the seed auctions. And also the idea of tiered membership - where some members are subscribers and get first offers on the rarer crosses that come in stock (and member's own crosses). So what you're paying for is being first in the queue.

L

Lune TNS

Yeah, I would absolutely pay for not having to sit around all day waiting for packs to be posted...

BadKarma

RED145 said:
You come up with a number,the one it takes to run this site monthly,we will call that our goal!!You make a donations button with goal included,donating will get you into the monthly seed give away.......that way broke fucks like Sack :wave: can stay,people have a reason to donate and a visual aid to remind!!And a chance to win some Killer Beans :headbange

P.S.....I think my idea is a good one!!

LOL....like tiny tea leaves.......you Pluck em!!!

I belong to a gaming clan that does this (minus the seeds lol) and it works well. This clan has no where near the members of this forum and collects 800 a month for our servers.
I have "taken" quite a bit of info off this forum and would not have a problem "giving back" .

This is What I got From ICMAG Free

Last edited:

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
I don't think a members only thing would be right,it would make it kinda clique-ish.Nobody wants to be alienated because they feel their not part of the status quo,ya know? I've always dug this place jus cuz it wasn't like that.I dunno,I jus think it would breed discontent with the positive vibe that seems ta flow now.I'm prudy fuckin high right now so I could be wrong? LOL But I jus thought I'd throw it out there....I'm not in a position ta make beans right now but I've got some dough tho....I'm down with whatever's best. Later,BC

green_grow

Veteran
i hate coughing up money; i toss nickles around like they were manhole covers .
seeds, however, i can donate no problem at all . i have some that i will never use and it would be fun to fertilize another female.

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's some excellent ideas being suggested here, a few of them are quite feasible,,, I'd like to see a combination of at least a couple of them. Either way I'm down with what ever you decide,,,, but regardless how you solve this, it would be ideal to have a couple of different options for those who are able to participate.
The whole seed donations and/or cash donations/gifts are definitely a starting point, but don't stop there.
I like the idea of a Lounge or Greenroom for the die hard growers & breeders (connoisseurs if you like), again I'm not sure about how you'd enforce restrictions without alienating others,,, just throwing ideas out there.
It's understandable you wouldn't want to alienate any potential new growers or other members for that fact,, ie. by restricting them to specific threads or the like.
I suppose its all about being fair in the long run.
Then there are members here who will take this opportunity to participate, and the disadvantaged members who will legitimately feel guilty for not having the seeds or funds to do so, but imho I think there's enough good will here to make up any short fall, should there be one.

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
Ive read through all the ideas being tossed up and most of them really are falling on the same lines

Many people have commented on the fact that a "subscription only" area would take away from the community. True, it would. BUT - with that in mind, how many of the old school original members would like to have a place to post and chat amongst friends where they dont have to worry about trolls posting up pure BS?
I know I am relatively new to the site and havent posted much in the Growers Forum (sorry gent's - not ready to display to the world all the knowledge I have gathered from these forums =)) but I do stay very active over in Tokers Den. For myself - I would have no problem paying a subscription service to have that quiet piece of mind so I can talk amongst friends and family, even if it is only in a members only wake and bake thread =)

Word to the wise - go out and look at other forums for various hobbies. You'll see that almost all of the large communities do have members only areas for just this reason. Costs start going up and the owners of the community turn to the users, its worked in those communities, why wouldnt it work here?

Either way - keep up the good work GN, I recently purchased 4 packs of seeds and am watching them on their race to a smoke filled future, thank you for everything!

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
:rant:

I don't think ppl would pay to use the forums when there are plenty of free weed forums to go around. Not to mention, these days, i woulnd't pay because i think, over the years and with more and more ppl joining the forum, the crowd is too big and the quality of posting has gone way down.

And if you wanna save bandwith, start deleting totally useless threads like "perpetual word association" where you have some 415 pages of ppl posting words that kinda match the previous. HELLO!? How useless can you get?
Sure a nice way to spam those 50 posts needed to use the PM system, but beyond that.. So useless. If this was some kindergarten learning english forum, then it would be off the hook, but on a weed forum.. Useless like tits on a bull.

How about making and selling more of those nice ICmag and Bastard Brew t-shirts? I bought 2 or 3 back in the day. T-shirts are always usefull. As a gift or if you just wanna rep something. :bashhead:

BadKarma

Members: 34,862 x $0.10 a month = $3486.20 a month thans a dime a month so not so fast with I cant afford it. Im guessing you have a years worth of donations in your couch. At that rate I will be more than happy to cover the cost of 10 members a month. As Im rolling in it. ( Dimes that is ).

PS Gypsy you should of had Yummybud Start this post you would have 50 pages of comments by his followers allready.

Last edited:

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
GMT said:
How about an IC Mag Cannasuers club. Rather than sending in seeds that can be sold to just anyone, and then hearing nothing back about them. The members could be assured that their efforts are only going to other long term members, who are also club members. That way members could be sure ( not always a good thing but hey) that they will get feedback on their work, and something out of it themselves. Each member, as and when they see fit, could send in say 10 packs of 10 seeds, and $50. When the club (run by the kittens I would assume), had received 10 packages of 10 packs of 10 seeds, and $500, then they could send out 1 pack of each of the last 10 packages recieved to each of the last 10 members to participate. So each time 10 members send in 10 packs of seeds and $50, each member then receives (postal system being well) 10 packs of seeds back in the mail from long term members. What a great bonus for $50, seeds worth hundreds. Plus from IC Mag point of view, its only costing the postage and packaging costs and generating an extra $500 a time. May need some work, buts its an idea.

i like it. we should do this anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.