What's new

Looking for feedback on this idea to pay for ICMAG to stay here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think if we all put our heads together we can come up with something feasible to help with the cost. I cant begin to imagine what all this costs. Just so happens I did many crosses this last fall and have wanted people to try them.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
well.....I would'nt want to ask for any compulsory fee's for people to view this site.....that would defeat the object of trying to support those that just want to grow their own erb' and access the knowledge needed to do it....

.....alot of the suggestions so far make alot of sense......let's see what others have to say....

Red's idea looks interesting....particularly...

G

hey,
i like the seed donation idea but it would have to be tested varieties, I know i wouldn't mind sending in some of my creations. How about a mandatory minimum seed purchase per year(like 50 bucks), that could keep the non-grower trolls out of the forum and help raise some extra cash.
peace

BirdDawg

While I understand the bandwidth problems associated with a site that just keeps getting larger (and better!) I am not in a position to make seeds, and at the moment can't afford to buy any, even. While I love the site and have learned so much from others here, I sincerely hope it can remain free for those of us who can't afford to or don't care to subscribe.

A

astra007

#1 is that this forum has to be audited; taking out the non active users and archiving old files. inactive files take space and alot of old info could be removed.

#2 seeds? from the membership? maybe outdoor seeds of unstable genetics to flood the market. i would not buy anything from here as it would feel like "purchasing a pig in a poke".

you should have a connection between the magazine and the forum for indepth information from the ad payers. a small fee should cover all forum expenses.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
astra007 said:
#1 is that this forum has to be audited; taking out the non active users and archiving old files. inactive files take space and alot of old info could be removed.

#2 seeds? from the membership? maybe outdoor seeds of unstable genetics to flood the market. i would not buy anything from here as it would feel like "purchasing a pig in a poke".

you should have a connection between the magazine and the forum for indepth information from the ad payers. a small fee should cover all forum expenses.

Members: 34,811 Threads: 76,079 Posts: 1,419,715.........now thats some editing (auditing?) job....

Untested beans can be sold 'as is'.......and the member who donates them can perhaps show the plants that they came from...

Right now I can't afford to put out another magazine.........this website is in reality what we have to work with right now.......we don't make much at all from any advertisers......and would you want to see ICMAG flooded with advertising anyway?

I see this as an opportunity to display the type of character we encourage. What I mean is that I would be proud to contribute quality, stable genetics, to be auctioned at reasonable prices. Talk is cheap. I think this is an opportunity for those of us who are able, to help our community, to GIVE. Reds idea is certainly something I'd participate in. Props2DAT!
There's all kinds of simple stuff you guys could do to accomodate; like a 'VIP lounge' and maybe limit new viewers who havent either purchased seeds subscribed to the mag. Like 3 'levels' of membership.
Anyways, I can't wait to see the response from some of the genes I'm throwin in the pool;)

igrowdadankest said:
WHat do you mean by regular furoms?Would I not be able to go to Mandals or tyhe growers furom or post your piece thread?
Obviously someone with 505 posts isnt going to be banned for being broke!
Think about this stuff, and read back. What I think is that there are enough good peeps around here to donate, and cover the less fortunate.
I would suggest creating a certain area that only allowed donors and admin.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Endo said:
ads are bad. gypsy i got a 20 spot with your name on it!

....it seems to me like so many of these canna-forum sites and magazines are stuffed full with add's for fake weed and 'whizz-o-lator' type gadgets....we are not gonna even entertain that sort of advertising......

.....Hey Endo.....I thought that Andrew Jackson had his name on the 20 spot.....lol!

If we did create subscribers forums they would be completely new and only accessable to the subscribers.........could be a good way of keeping out the troll-armies and the flame-o-lators.....

^^^^That's the reason I found my way here.
Certain sites will not be visited by me EVER again for that very reason. THANK YOU GYPSY for your apparent understanding and generosity.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
oldpink said:
why not have it both ways and if we go with a subscribes lounge
part of the subscription package includes a free pack of seeds

I like oldpink's idea.
Make it a voluntary donation and send anyone who donates a minimum amount, lets say $10-$15, a pack of seeds in return.
You could take it one step farther and have different types of seeds for different donation amounts, $10-25, $25-50, 50+.
Personally, I dont feel comfortable sending beans in the mail right now but would happily make a donation.

Man,i could never repay the good thats been done for me by= DG and GN and this site as a whole.I would gladly set space aside to make new seeds just for this(have an empty cab n a 400 MH ).I have a ton in the vault(thanks again to DG :headbange ) and when this gets off the ground there will be some great stuff floatin around from alot of members.I will do a list of seeds and ask what people want crossed(just a pollen chucker but i only chuck pollen at the purtiest girlies,lol) I have some sweet seeds that i just made and have more going.ECSD x Mountain Jam ,ECSD x SSH OGKA and another round of Purple Urkle x Bogglegum then some SourBubble crosses as i have seeds and 2 killer keeper Moms ,thinkin bout,Purple Urkle x SourBubble(dark purple pheno).No probs GN,i know those that can help will and those that arent in the position to right now help would if they could in a heartbeat,to help the greatest MJ site on the net period keep rolling. And no one should feel bad because they cant help out,its the thought that really counts people :wave:I couldnt imagine not getting my daily IC hookup,lol,ive been on here everyday since i found it(April '04) and need my fix on an hourly basis,lol. Peace and stay safe,PVP

Shitty UrkleGum pix. :joint:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Capt.Ahab said:
I like oldpink's idea.
Make it a voluntary donation and send anyone who donates a minimum amount, lets say $10-$15, a pack of seeds in return.
You could take it one step farther and have different types of seeds for different donation amounts, $10-25, $25-50, 50+.
Personally, I dont feel comfortable sending beans in the mail right now but would happily make a donation.

.....sending beans in the mail to the UK from where-ever you are does'nt really hold any risk as far as I can see........as long as you dont put your personnal details on the package.....maybe just your annonymous handle......on ICM....

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
just scanned this from my wallet.. i dont know how it got there.. but its there.

IN GYPSY WE TRUST!

(isuckatphotchoppin.com)

i too like pinks idea. and like i said if anyones got any spare pollen id gladly donate one of my pretty girlies.

Last edited:
zaazoo said:
man, i just joined here i hope i dont have to pay already
isnt buying your seeds enough? i just spent over 200 dollars

if you charge to see the site then you wont seel many seeds i think
i cant afford to pay and i dont greed seeds

i dont think this is a good idea cuz alto people dont want to have to be associated with sending money just so they can see a website to spend their money , if you know what i mean ya know?

i dont really want to leave here cuz i read all the time
I think its a good,no wait great thing,it will keep the rif raff away.If yer not serious about this lifestyle and arent here for anything but gibberish and nonsense and dont grow,then,poof,lol.In order to make sure this place is here now and in the future,then those who are serious will do what they deem right for themselves and to make sure we have a safe place to share and talk,or we could go back to growin bagseed usin MG and hangin plants upside down when drying to get the resin from the roots,lmfao,i never did that,lol,what was it like before IC?/Growin was lonely,who could you share with and feel safe,without the worry of being robbed or worse.I say make only the tokers den free and the rest be private forums for subscribers anywhoo,imo.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Endo said:
just scanned this from my wallet.. i dont know how it got there.. but its there.

IN GYPSY WE TRUST!

(isuckatphotchoppin.com)

i too like pinks idea. and like i said if anyones got any spare pollen id gladly donate one of my pretty girlies.

L.M.F.A.O.!

Thats hilarious Endo........maybe we can have a male pollen 'Stud' club happenin'?

.......thinking about it.....maybe some tweaker of a customs agent might find some male pollen in an envelope and try and snort it......lol!

...I'm sure that they would'nt have a clue what it is.....

PeavillePride .....I'm not so sure if thats such a good idea......since then we would effectively shut out those newbs who want the basic info to just get started....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts