What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lolab Valley Kashmiri

Breadwizard

Update with some pictures of the larger leafs on the clones, which are being kept under LEDs in my veg/mother space. They appear to like the less intense light provided by the LEDs, these are in gallon pots.
picture.php

picture.php

Flowering is progressing, but nothing to exciting yet.

Breadwizard

There's so much variation in this line, with interesting characteristics that were likely adaptations to thier assumed habitat. Indian Landrace Exchange says these were unfarmed, growing in stands under the tree canopy. One adaptation to this is how strongly seedlings twist themselves towards shafts of light throughout the day. Another is displayed in the vine-like form of this female, which I'm assuming is for the same reason, to find the best sun patch. I have never encountered stems which are this sprawling and flexible before, and I have given up taming or staking, in favor of just letting her sprawl out and rest on her sisters.
picture.php

Breadwizard

Mini update showing early days of flowering between the two phenotypes, here's type I
picture.php

And then type II
picture.php

Type I is the smaller leaf phenotype, type II is larger leafed. The vine phenotype isn't shown in either of these pictures, but is of the type II classification

Breadwizard

Here's my clone of the vine-y phenotype, which was kept in my veg cabinet under LEDs. It seemed to enjoy the lower light intensity, with leaves growing almost regular size. This one is getting tossed though, as it is unruly. Those nodes are 8" apart, with flowers far too sparce to keep this in the gene pool, so it's getting mulched.

Domesticating this line will take some time to weed out these hempy looking expressions.
picture.php

Breadwizard

picture.php

Here's the seed plant for the viney phenotype shown above, just watered in the morning sun.

I might chop this one earlier than the rest, as it's attracting pests and mold more than the others. Interesting expression, but not conducive to the direction I'd like to push the line.

Another interesting development, as this line is rescued from wild stands, the seeds shed freely from the plants once mature. I was moving plants around to water, and many seeds dropped. Makes it more difficult to keep the seeds from each female separate. I will be carefully harvesting seed during flower from now on, and will also have mixed seeds rescued from the floor. I won't be surprised if I'll be picking volunteer plants out of my pots for quite a while.

vcasqui

wow, the internodal space in the viney clone is kinda crazy. In the seed plant this doesn't seem to be as extreme.

How old are they? I can't remember. Just under month in flower?

Breadwizard

Here's the clone from the wide leaf phenotype, innernode spacing is much shorter than the viney phenotype, however has the same very horizontal branching pattern. You can see some spider mite damage, from the last battle with them, but the war is ongoing.
picture.php

Breadwizard

picture.php

Here's the same clone as above, a bit further into flower. The flower structure is very interesting, branches appear off in every node and stretch quite a bit, towards the best light. This one has been kept indoors, under LED (I pulled it out for a watering), and is producing far more than the seed plant did in full sun. Not much in the way of aromas or red stem yet.

therevverend

Veteran
I've got a friend who lives in the Cascade Mountains, around 4000 feet. Him and his neighbors try every year but the season ends before the plants start to flower. Even in direct sun the daylight is limited because the mountains are so steep. The weather is great from July to early September. This is the perfect strain for him, at least he'd be able to harvest mature buds.

Breadwizard

Hey Rev!

He'd have to plant quite a bit, and I'm not sure if it'd look anything like buds, the first harvest I had looked more like a pile of trim.

I have been trying to figure out the best way to slowly dry this strain, the flowers are so sparce and small that if hung they'd turn to dust and dry far too quickly. I'm experimenting with drying in a pile, rotating the pile around daily, to keep it from composting, and seems to be working so far, 4 days in and they're not bone dry yet.

Here's a progress pic from the same clone as above. I do think that there's some structural potential here, if the size of buds and calxes can be affected by an outcross, maybe the innernode distance shortened a touch and the stem thickened.
picture.php

therevverend

Veteran
He'd have to plant quite a bit, and I'm not sure if it'd look anything like buds, the first harvest I had looked more like a pile of trim.
That's all he gets anyway, at least it would be mature and resinous. He's more interested in the idea of having a few plants, production isn't a priority.

I lay small stuff out on plates or newspaper, it ruins the structure, makes them flat on one side, but it's better then letting it go to powder. The problem is that there isn't anywhere cool enough in our houses in summer time. Ideally I'd hang it in a cool dry place, below 60 degrees F, for several weeks. Let it lose the moisture, go to powdery dry, then past that to the point it cures and begins pulling humidity out of the air. I have buds hanging and in boxes from last year, I keep them at or below 60 degrees F and they're perfect. Or were a couple months ago, now they're starting to degrade. The trick is letting it go long enough for the chlorophyll to break down.

Breadwizard

Update on one of the type I plants (clone): all of the Trics are cloudy, however there are fresh pistols at the end of the grinspoon-like foxtails, much like what I would consider a sativa trait. I need room in the grow space, so down it came! Here's a few pictures of the "bud" structure and overall plant from above.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Breadwizard

Mini smoke update:

First I tried rolling a good size joint of the "buds." Kinda wierd to run what was essentially trim through the grinder, but it came with a really nice lemony sharp citrus-y tone. No sweet, but a little bit of floral muskyness. Smoked pretty smooth, if a little leafy the lemon scent remaining through the joint. Almost no effect was gleaned from the experience however.

I did expect that, it's a pretty weedy line collected from ferial stands. I ran the whole thing as ghetto sived hash and smoked that instead. Same smoking experience but nicer clean taste. produced a calming lift, subtle but nice. Kinda floaty.

As ganja, this line will need some intensive inbreeding, or an outcross, but to make hash with it has definite promise

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
very nice! breadwizard. I think it needs to be grown in the ground and big plants to perform somehow better. but very nice attempt, nice home growing :D

vcasqui

Here's a progress pic from the same clone as above. I do think that there's some structural potential here, if the size of buds and calxes can be affected by an outcross, maybe the innernode distance shortened a touch and the stem thickened.

I think the same, but in the opposite way. I think the potential is to make other strains (like maybe Afghanis) more resistant to (mainly) humidity, by increasing their internodal space, reducing the density of the buds and maybe even shorten the flowering time.

It could be a valuable strain to make crosses with for outdoor northern growers. The only thing I don't really like is the autoflowering tendencies.

Mini smoke update:
First I tried rolling a good size joint of the "buds." Kinda wierd to run what was essentially trim through the grinder, but it came with a really nice lemony sharp citrus-y tone. No sweet, but a little bit of floral muskyness. Smoked pretty smooth, if a little leafy the lemon scent remaining through the joint. Almost no effect was gleaned from the experience however.

I did expect that, it's a pretty weedy line collected from ferial stands. I ran the whole thing as ghetto sived hash and smoked that instead. Same smoking experience but nicer clean taste. produced a calming lift, subtle but nice. Kinda floaty.

As ganja, this line will need some intensive inbreeding, or an outcross, but to make hash with it has definite promise

Thanks for the report man. I also expected it to be kind of weak, but the most important part for me (other than the structure) is the flavour and the amount of resin it produces; hearing about the sharp lemony tones is very nice. How would you rate the resin production?

:tiphat: