What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Local materials

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good. I'll be harvesting the local sativa pheno any day now. I feel a little stupid that I did not take cuttings when she was young and vegging. I tried some cuttings in flower but failed. I did take some cuttings from her sister you can see growing up in the same bin but she has some indica traits. I do have lots of seeds so another will show her stuff eventually.

Gee, I wonder if I better flush or cut off the nitrogen.

picture.php

picture.php

I was wondering if I did a go fund me type thing if people would give me money just for my greedy desire for a bigger yard. There is a lot which I lust after but it costs 3 million pesos and I only have 2 million.

Hookahhead

When I was younger I discovered a large patch of Datura near my house. Although I collected the seeds, I was never brave enough to ingest them. However, the flowers, when dried and rolled with cannabis in a joint produced a very nice and short term effect.

Brugmansia are a beautiful ornamental with similar alkaloids. The flowers smell incredible!

zif

Veteran
Yeah - gotta draw the line at intentionally ingesting any of the tropane deleriants!

I was accidentally poisoned with what I think was a tropane - but don’t recall anything from that weekend. I’m told I was blasting Hendrix at Woodstock over and over, and spending most of my days doing shoulder stands or watching the ‘bombs dropping’ through the blinds. Do remember coming to and being *extremely* worried that I’d lost more than a few marbles along with my memory of anything that happened that week.

Be wary of friends who bring unidentifiable brown goo to the party.

If you’re ever tempted, I highly recommend browsing the trip reports at erowid.org. The proportion of datura experiences that end with the tripper in police custody, strapped to a gurney, or both is pretty incredible. Far higher than basically anything else on the site.

Rico Swazi

I'm just mad about saffron and bananadine was some crazy shit at the time
but my all time fav hallucinogen = liberty caps which are are just now coming in season.
Especially fun around the holidays to watch the colorful lights on the tree and mall fights on tv.

Tomatoes & Potatoes

just because I like the way it sounds.

that does have a nice ring to it but somebody be trippin thinking the tomtato or potato tom would be the answer to smaller lot sizes and world hunger

mater tater plant would have been better:laughing:

Rico Swazi

Microbeman, you mentioned a load of wood chips, lucky you. I haven't paid so no deliveries for over a year and a half. This is a pic from this past May when I know the pile has matured enough. Bit o black and white gold eh?

picture.php

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Microbeman, you mentioned a load of wood chips, lucky you. I haven't paid so no deliveries for over a year and a half. This is a pic from this past May when I know the pile has matured enough. Bit o black and white gold eh?

View Image

Mine turned out brown after 3 months of thermophilic composting.

picture.php

I'm giving it the seed test; left to right cannabis, tomatoes, alfalfa but the remainder has gone into 3 other containers to be processed by worms.

picture.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIuseCJSxL4

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
h.h Hey old man you better tell me again how/where to email/whatsapp a plant photo for ID. I decided it may be worth selling my soul to internet thieves.

Rico Swazi

compost looks great. lots of work but well worth it by the looks of it.. Ever thought of buying a lot and doing that on a larger scale?(Har!)

even in paradise it's the same ol' story as the man wants eleven dollar bills and you only got ten . Adjusted for inflation and current exchange rates its in the millions! Whew! Forget the fund me and sell a kidney (doesn't have to be yours) keep an eye out for the person who took the datura... easy peasy if you get my slang

love this time of year , purple kush is a new one for me, smelling heavenly. took a sample cola couple days ago to compare with mature flowers next year after curing.
picture.php

picture.php

how are the CBD plants coming along? Will the panama soon be making an flowering debut? Love the wider shots of the place ... that rocker rocks brother!

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
compost looks great. lots of work but well worth it by the looks of it.. Ever thought of buying a lot and doing that on a larger scale?(Har!)

even in paradise it's the same ol' story as the man wants eleven dollar bills and you only got ten . Adjusted for inflation and current exchange rates its in the millions! Whew! Forget the fund me and sell a kidney (doesn't have to be yours) keep an eye out for the person who took the datura... easy peasy if you get my slang

love this time of year , purple kush is a new one for me, smelling heavenly. took a sample cola couple days ago to compare with mature flowers next year after curing.
View Image

View Image

how are the CBD plants coming along? Will the panama soon be making an flowering debut? Love the wider shots of the place ... that rocker rocks brother!

Already done the larger scale thing but I do hope to get a living coming in, especially to support Marcos and family. My neighbor just offered me a hot deal on a lot. It is just the same size as what I'm renting but affordable at 600k. It is mildly southern sloped and a 10 minute scoot from my house.

Didn't I mention the CBD will not grow here without vegetative supplementary light? She comes up at 4 inches already flowering. I'm working on a solution.

I hacked up my best Panama red for cuttings so floral clusters shall be delayed. The others are kinda short and flowered very rapidly. It begs the question of whether the guy holding my seeds actually sent me my f1s instead of the pure PRs. We shall see what evolves.
The one I made cuttings with holds out the most hope visually.

I'm beginning to think the local landrace I came upon may be the cream.

Normally, yeah this time of year for the bounties of the earth but now I'm adjusting to this year round harvest thing. Cultivars evolved to this region put out tiny flowers early on but still put on a lot of growth, then plump out the floral clusters later.

Your garden is lovely as always. Beautiful colas.

Klompen

Really a shame how in "developed" countries, you can't even get the most basic components for farming...

This is so incredibly true! I live in one of the best farm states in the entire world and we don't have a single store that sells grow lighting, and barely any boutique grow stores of any kind.

Rico Swazi

Already done the larger scale thing but I do hope to get a living coming in, especially to support Marcos and family. My neighbor just offered me a hot deal on a lot. It is just the same size as what I'm renting but affordable at 600k. It is mildly southern sloped and a 10 minute scoot from my house.

My bad, ill attempt at humor about buying a lot as I know you managed a farm, What was it , 150 acre homestead you were on up north?. If you see (Har!) you can be sure it is because I smoked something that makes me think everything I say is funny. The new lot sounds a treat. As does a arboretum & botanical Garden with retail nursery including a new wing of the Wilson school of soil science and microscopy .

Props to Marcos for all the hard work he's done around there. Could throw you over his should and carry you if by chance you have a mishap playing quick draw. He's a keeper.

Didn't I mention the CBD will not grow here without vegetative supplementary light? She comes up at 4 inches already flowering. I'm working on a solution.

Yes you did, was wondering how it was progressing.

I hacked up my best Panama red for cuttings so floral clusters shall be delayed. The others are kinda short and flowered very rapidly. It begs the question of whether the guy holding my seeds actually sent me my f1s instead of the pure PRs. We shall see what evolves.

Hoping for the best. Say the word if you need help again. I don't feel it much of a risk anymore since the FDA approved epidiolex. The CSA schedule 1 'no accepted medicinal use' mantra is no longer valid so until they fix what is broken, party on Garth.

The one I made cuttings with holds out the most hope visually.
I'm beginning to think the local landrace I came upon may be the cream.

Wishing you the best finding something pleasing to the senses.

Normally, yeah this time of year for the bounties of the earth but now I'm adjusting to this year round harvest thing. Cultivars evolved to this region put out tiny flowers early on but still put on a lot of growth, then plump out the floral clusters later.

Year round harvest. Crazy. Sounds great but crazy.

Your garden is lovely as always. Beautiful colas.

Thanks, cannabis is a beautiful plant, makes it easy. Looking at the start of this thread it is amazing what you have done with your garden space, no doubt the new place wil be even nicer.. In it to see you win it my friend.
Have a great day

couple pics
Pike melon seeds for next year
picture.php

transplant overdue

picture.php

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I really like the golden honey dew I've been getting at the grocery store.
I bet they are delicious homegrown. Gonna try next year

Rico Swazi

My CBD plants don't like me. Stayed small and are the first to show bud rot. Had 3, took one down yesterday. I don't have the skills to pull this one off, I am confident you will do better when you get acclimated along with your plants.

Re: LEDs , SILs? will you be growing any other plants under those or just the CBD ? I'm using 200watts of standard base CFLs in the veg room and would like to find something in the way of LED to lower my cost.

picture.php

Have a G'day mate! :gday:

Rico Swazi

I really like the golden honey dew I've been getting at the grocery store.
I bet they are delicious homegrown. Gonna try next year

Organic? Country of origin? did you save the seeds? I've tried to grow honeydew but can't seem to find the right variety for this valley region , 45N lat.

The Pike melon was bred just a few miles from me so grows well naturally acclimated

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My CBD plants don't like me. Stayed small and are the first to show bud rot. Had 3, took one down yesterday. I don't have the skills to pull this one off, I am confident you will do better when you get acclimated along with your plants.

Re: LEDs , SILs? will you be growing any other plants under those or just the CBD ? I'm using 200watts of standard base CFLs in the veg room and would like to find something in the way of LED to lower my cost.

View Image

Have a G'day mate! :gday:

We've built sort of a greenhouse without the walls where we will hang LEDs I'll grow mothers, including CBD. I've bought 2 types of LED boards which I know nothing about but I'll update when I do.

Here is how the CBD looked at my mini-farm PNW area.

picture.php

Rico Swazi

Yeah, I remember now you speaking of Rock creek. Beautiful area much like the valley and coast range here. And hectares not acres, silly me.Wonderful sight of nothing but cannabis .

Pics of Remedy CBD plants taken today

picture.php

picture.php

I'm hearing from others that grew the same that my plants look great in comparison.
They took a beating from the winds and rain so many growers are scrambling to harvest what they can.

I am not sure if I should do the same.

Would you (or others) say its time? or wait.
Dry weather expected for another week then all bets are off.

Latest posts

Latest posts